Author Topic: Uhuru versus Ruto cold war continues  (Read 10426 times)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: Uhuru versus Ruto cold war continues
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2019, 05:06:01 PM »
Ruto best hope is Uhuru goes soft, otherwise the corruption card is going to create anti-RV coalition. All I see in watu wetu wanaonewa is Kalenjin entitlement.

Ran MOAS in 2019 based on GEMA backing Raila against Ruto. That is a crazy proposition. Anyway the major players - Raila, Ruto and Uhuru can master around 20-30% on their own. If GEMA/Uhuru were to stand 90% behind Raila - Raila wins. That of course won't be happening. It more likely they will back Ruto. If not - they will try to ran on their own.
Pundit can you run a rough MOAS? If Uhuru locks him out of GEMA Ruto cannot cobble enough coalition to beat Raila.
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2019, 05:10:12 PM »
Pundit your boy has lost the plot. Watching the Sudi-Sang clips online it's beginning to appear like a Kale v Kenya affair. The more his crew saber rattles the worse Ruto looks.

The same card(shameless tribalism and corruption) that they had hoped to ride to power is the supposed target of the handshake.  They have no choice but to look bad.

Ruto is in the unenviable position of appeasing GEMA while being hammered ruthlessly. Hands tied while it's open season on the guy.
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2019, 05:12:11 PM »
GEMA are not fighting Ruto - just a few elements led by usual Nancy Gitaus - civil servants - The political class and GEMA people are with Ruto.
Ruto is in the unenviable position of appeasing GEMA while being hammered ruthlessly. Hands tied while it's open season on the guy.

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2019, 06:21:26 PM »
GEMA are not fighting Ruto - just a few elements led by usual Nancy Gitaus - civil servants - The political class and GEMA people are with Ruto.
There's a real revolt going on against Jubilee in GEMA land. And Ruto is part of jubilee. Increasingly its very common to hear people complaining about jubilee especially jubilee's handling of the economy. As kenyaplato has said  we say "jubilee nigute" meaning its a waste. Just because Ruto is invited to harambees almost every month in gema land  that doesn't necessarily mean they'll vote for him. Maina kamanda doesn't represent gema and neither does kimani ichungwa or ndindi nyoro. One thing is clear Gema will not have a serious presidential candidate. The likes of kiraitu murungi might team up with Raila and make serious inroads in gema.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2019, 06:42:44 PM »
The ground is turning against Ruto - as his dogs begin to bark - it part of the anti-corruption strategy

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2019, 06:47:43 PM »
There's a real revolt going on against Jubilee in GEMA land. And Ruto is part of jubilee. Increasingly its very common to hear people complaining about jubilee especially jubilee's handling of the economy. As kenyaplato has said  we say "jubilee nigute" meaning its a waste. Just because Ruto is invited to harambees almost every month in gema land  that doesn't necessarily mean they'll vote for him. Maina kamanda doesn't represent gema and neither does kimani ichungwa or ndindi nyoro. One thing is clear Gema will not have a serious presidential candidate. The likes of kiraitu murungi might team up with Raila and make serious inroads in gema.

In the end GEMA will have to choose and Uhuru will have a big say.. if he gets Exec PM expect full GEMA to go with him. Under current PORK system GEMA is splitting Raila-Ruto. Uhuru is really scuttling Ruto chances. I think the over-reach into Uhuru backyard to line up his cronies was a bad move - he lost his biggest ally. Pundit won't agree.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2019, 07:25:16 PM »
Usual buyers remorse. Even North Rift are angry because their maize were not bought and fertilizer didn't appear. GEMA are confused by Uhuru mixed signals. Once it clear where Uhuru wants they will line up. Ruto has to avoid fighting Uhuru - and focus on Raila - and Uhuru shadowy elites

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2019, 07:27:42 PM »
Exec PM is proverbial 2 birds in the bush. In Jubilee - GEMA will get DPORK and half the gov.Why go for the same with ever unreliable & untrusthworthy Raila?. After 10yrs of Ruto - their man or woman will take the mantle - or earlier if something happens to WSR. Uhuru I doubt is desperate to embarras himself to be Raila's lackey in Gov. Prime Minister is too much work. Uhuru need to retire from running gov, become a respected Jubilee Party Leader, pick DPORK and start serious cancer treatment - his chain smoking is going to hurt. Otherwise I won't wish anybody an enemy as energetic as Ruto.
In the end GEMA will have to choose and Uhuru will have a big say.. if he gets Exec PM expect full GEMA to go with him. Under current PORK system GEMA is splitting Raila-Ruto. Uhuru is really scuttling Ruto chances. I think the over-reach into Uhuru backyard to line up his cronies was a bad move - he lost his biggest ally. Pundit won't agree.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2019, 07:55:33 PM »
Why is Uhuru fighting Ruto - you must have a theory as an insider? If PM referendum happens it will be hard for anyone outside Kikuyu and Kalenjin to oppose "inclusion". Ruto will be left high and dry with his No.

Exec PM is proverbial 2 birds in the bush. In Jubilee - GEMA will get DPORK and half the gov.Why go for the same with ever unreliable & untrusthworthy Raila?. After 10yrs of Ruto - their man or woman will take the mantle. Uhuru I doubt is desperate to embarras himself to be Raila's lackey in Gov. Prime Minister is too much work. Uhuru need to retire from running gov, become a respected Jubilee Party Leader, pick DPORK and start serious cancer treatment - his chain smoking is going to hurt. Otherwise I won't wish anybody an enemy as energetic as Ruto.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2019, 09:16:22 PM »
I am not an insider. My reading is that Uhuru guys - led by wakina Kibicho/Mbugua/Nancy/Uhuru bro (aka GIGIRI Grp) - after winning over Raila wants to leverage it - and I think Uhuru is playing along so he can stabilize the country - as long as Raila is not out there leading demos and other subversive activities - Uhuru will play along. 

I think Uhuru is focused on leaving a proud legacy.

Now they are also trying to sell Uhuru the idea that he can somehow extend his rule - and there is where I think Uhuru will part ways with them - when the time comes. But for now it makes Raila and his people very happy - so Uhuru is playing along.

Uhuru is not dumb or desperate. I even doubt that referendum will happen. Uhuru knows his advisors are politically naive and have struggled to get buy-in in GEMA outside of few desperate former Mps.

This is just the redux of Wanjui/Prof who/Nancy - who had near similar academic plans at sunset of Kibaki regime - which ended with UDF and MaDVD in dustbin.

Why is Uhuru fighting Ruto - you must have a theory as an insider? If PM referendum happens it will be hard for anyone outside Kikuyu and Kalenjin to oppose "inclusion". Ruto will be left high and dry with his No.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2019, 10:07:39 PM »
A self-serving theory..  8) Africans like to extend as we can see all over. GEMA know their population is in decline and are okay with parliamentary. Raila is desperate to be something - ceremonial PORK  :D - as he clocks 80. I see Uhuru angling for Exec PM as real.

I am not an insider. My reading is that Uhuru guys - led by wakina Kibicho/Mbugua/Nancy/Uhuru bro (aka GIGIRI Grp) - after winning over Raila wants to leverage it - and I think Uhuru is playing along so he can stabilize the country - as long as Raila is not out there leading demos and other subversive activities - Uhuru will play along. 

I think Uhuru is focused on leaving a proud legacy.

Now they are also trying to sell Uhuru the idea that he can somehow extend his rule - and there is where I think Uhuru will part ways with them - when the time comes. But for now it makes Raila and his people very happy - so Uhuru is playing along.

Uhuru is not dumb or desperate. I even doubt that referendum will happen. Uhuru knows his advisors are politically naive and have struggled to get buy-in in GEMA outside of few desperate former Mps.

This is just the redux of Wanjui/Prof who/Nancy - who had near similar academic plans at sunset of Kibaki regime - which ended with UDF and MaDVD in dustbin.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2019, 10:47:22 PM »
Won't the first time Raila has been played by UhuRuto. They did it in KANU.
A self-serving theory..  8) Africans like to extend as we can see all over. GEMA know their population is in decline and are okay with parliamentary. Raila is desperate to be something - ceremonial PORK  :D - as he clocks 80. I see Uhuru angling for Exec PM as real.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 09:23:54 AM by RV Pundit »

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2019, 12:57:12 PM »
Someone insists Uhurutopia is intact  :-\

Echesa: I was sacked for supporting Ruto

In Summary

I have kept on pleading with the President to clear the air and explain why he fired me. I am being asked questions by my supporters and I have no answers.
Before the handshake all was well in government. But Mr Odinga's arrival in the government through the handshake changed things for the worse.

https://www.nation.co.ke/news/politics/I-was-sacked-for-supporting-Ruto--Echesa/1064-5028698-orb2un/

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2019, 02:02:32 PM »
Ruto may win coz raila is toxic. He is reckless moron

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2019, 03:22:01 PM »
if Raila is the opponent then I can go back and sleep.dont think Gema will support Raila anytime soon.Someone is getting willingly used.
Ruto may win coz raila is toxic. He is reckless moron

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2019, 11:36:51 PM »
Baba is living rent free in the dream team's heads.

"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2019, 09:02:56 AM »
I don't see Ruto moving out gov or Jubilee...the proxy war btw Ruto & Uhuru will continue..until Uhuru wisen up from bad advice he is getting.

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2019, 09:21:35 AM »

Haven't watched the whole thing but Murkomen is actually on a podium arguing that corruption shouldn't be fought? :D That we can't fight corruption from January to December, we can't keep threatening to jail people for corruption, and that not giving corruption a free pass is hurting farmers? LOLOLOLOL!!!! Idiocy on steroids.

Of all the ways you could attack this, how do you pick such a losing proposition? Does he think there are Kenyans who like or are tolerant of corruption, for real? What a genuine fool. You can even hear the crowds of supporters there unable to cheer this entitled rant. Why not claim it's witch-hunting or framing based on ukabila or a facade meant o protect some and point to the big fish that are being let off the hook or something like that? How do you just boldly get on a podium in front of cameras and proclaim that we shouldn't fight corruption?

I hereby award Murkomen this year's award for most foolish argument ever in political history. Truly amazing.

He's basically confessing to corruption and making Uhuru's fight seem more legitimate with those little insider anecdotes he's sharing about how govt officers are getting stern warnings of prison about buying through corruption. What demon lied to this politician that this will make Kenyans support Uhuru's fight less? No, genius. Kenyans will support him less when you share how he's all talk and no action: when you say that he's screaming fight-against-corruption outside while in govt it's business as usual. Telling people that govt folks are being threatened daily about corruption makes Uhuru more legitimate in ordinary people's eyes. They'll now think, "Uhuru ako serious! Hana mchezo roundi hii!" Murkomen is a giant fool.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2019, 10:38:39 AM »
Try Watching again - and try remove you ODM blinkers this time again.

I think he makes a valid point - the fight against corruption - should be an ongoing fight  - best done without the drama - otherwise what you end is another Magufulixation of kenya - where nothing get done because of fear of DCI.

Magufuli was "great" but looks at the damage he is doing to Tanzania - where a climate of fear and intimidation has be cultivated - nothing is getting done unless Magufuli makes it happen.

Look at mess at Kamworor & Aror dam - DCI swoops in with little evidence and little information about international contracts - and have to summon Treasury CS for 4 days - mostly for them to taught international contracting.

What is well known is that moment something get smeared with corruption - its the very END of the project. New guys who come in won't touch it with ten-foot pole. That dam in Elgeyo Marakwet & Baringo will not be built this century.

Haven't watched the whole thing but Murkomen is actually on a podium arguing that corruption shouldn't be fought? :D That we can't fight corruption from January to December, we can't keep threatening to jail people for corruption, and that not giving corruption a free pass is hurting farmers? LOLOLOLOL!!!! Idiocy on steroids.

Of all the ways you could attack this, how do you pick such a losing proposition? Does he think there are Kenyans who like or are tolerant of corruption, for real? What a genuine fool. You can even hear the crowds of supporters there unable to cheer this entitled rant. Why not claim it's witch-hunting or framing based on ukabila or a facade meant o protect some and point to the big fish that are being let off the hook or something like that? How do you just boldly get on a podium in front of cameras and proclaim that we shouldn't fight corruption?

I hereby award Murkomen this year's award for most foolish argument ever in political history. Truly amazing.

He's basically confessing to corruption and making Uhuru's fight seem more legitimate with those little insider anecdotes he's sharing about how govt officers are getting stern warnings of prison about buying through corruption. What demon lied to this politician that this will make Kenyans support Uhuru's fight less? No, genius. Kenyans will support him less when you share how he's all talk and no action: when you say that he's screaming fight-against-corruption outside while in govt it's business as usual. Telling people that govt folks are being threatened daily about corruption makes Uhuru more legitimate in ordinary people's eyes. They'll now think, "Uhuru ako serious! Hana mchezo roundi hii!" Murkomen is a giant fool.