Author Topic: Uhuru Takes Back His Power from Ruto  (Read 7341 times)

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Uhuru Takes Back His Power from Ruto
« on: October 08, 2014, 08:53:54 PM »
So Ruto was President for a day. Who has been acting on other days?

President Uhuru Kenyatta has resumed his duties as President after legal instruments appointing William Ruto as acting President expired at 6pm on Wednesday.

A State House spokesperson made the announcement in a posting on social media.

"The legal instrument appointing DP William Ruto as Acting President expired this evening, at 6pm Nairobi time. HE the President Uhuru Kenyatta has resumed substantive duties after attending ICC Status Conference as private citizen," he said.
http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2000137539/ruto-s-period-as-acting-president-expired-at-6pm-state-house
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Kichwambaya

• Regular
Re: Uhuru Takes Back His Power from Ruto
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 09:52:00 PM »
No fanfare now that the acting has expried.  A similar statement would have been sufficient on Monday instead of the fanfare.

Offline Mintos

• VIP
  • Superstar
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 10:37:03 AM »
So what are those legal instruments Ruto was given?  How do these instruments start and expire?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 11:35:59 AM »
Somehow he 'resigned' to private citizen and then resumed presidency. In other instance [absence] it been kicking in automatically. Or maybe he has never really been absent and Ruto has been using that excuse to be granted excusal while Sang is stuck in Hague.

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 11:46:52 AM »
It was just PR, :D no need to tie ourselves in knots making sense of it legally. The president cannot just resign and come back at will. Hapana kiosk yake, hiyo. :D There was no need, legally speaking, for him to have made the announcement, as he was going to be away and Ruto wasn't. The "other circumstances" in the constitution when the President can appoint Deputy to act were probably meant to cater for a situation where the president is in the country (not absent) but for some reason or other can't be fully in charge, though not incapacitated, maybe he's at Nairoffi hospital or bed rest or something. :)

Somehow he 'resigned' to private citizen and then resumed presidency. In other instance [absence] it been kicking in automatically. Or maybe he has never really been absent and Ruto has been using that excuse to be granted excusal while Sang is stuck in Hague.
Just my 0.02 Kshs. wave  ;)

Offline Mintos

• VIP
  • Superstar
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2014, 12:31:22 PM »
i still don't understand the part where Uhunye resumed presidency even though he was still out there at Haig having handed over to WSR here in Kenya.  Was it an assumption that he resumed, ama it was an agreement he made with WSR that once he steps out of court after the status meeting he automaticaly resumes?  Akuna formality?

You know how a ship's captain hands over to the first officer(X/O) if he has to leave the ship and then when he returns the X/O formaly hands over back?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2014, 01:17:24 PM »
Yes dog pony show. But i think this kind of arrangement need to be clarified in law and in court.
It was just PR, :D no need to tie ourselves in knots making sense of it legally. The president cannot just resign and come back at will. Hapana kiosk yake, hiyo. :D There was no need, legally speaking, for him to have made the announcement, as he was going to be away and Ruto wasn't. The "other circumstances" in the constitution when the President can appoint Deputy to act were probably meant to cater for a situation where the president is in the country (not absent) but for some reason or other can't be fully in charge, though not incapacitated, maybe he's at Nairoffi hospital or bed rest or something. :)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2014, 01:38:29 PM »
i still don't understand the part where Uhunye resumed presidency even though he was still out there at Haig having handed over to WSR here in Kenya.  Was it an assumption that he resumed, ama it was an agreement he made with WSR that once he steps out of court after the status meeting he automaticaly resumes?  Akuna formality?

You know how a ship's captain hands over to the first officer(X/O) if he has to leave the ship and then when he returns the X/O formaly hands over back?
There is nothing that suggests he stops being President when article 147 kicks in.  This only happens when your think tank consists of the likes of the mortician, Itumbi, Sonko, Kipchumba Murkomen.  Itumbi's and Sonko's opinions carrying the most weight.

The person whose position really changes is the hustler.  In this case Ruto became Ag President before kamwana left because of kamwana's futile attempts to be a "civilian".  He remained Ag President until kamwana stepped back in Kenya. 

Importantly.  The expiry of kamwana's edict had no effect on his status as Ag President.  Only his arrival back in Kenya reverted the hustler back to loyal cheerleader.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2014, 02:04:34 PM »
Succinct. Couldn't be put better.
There is nothing that suggests he stops being President when article 147 kicks in.  This only happens when your think tank consists of the likes of the mortician, Itumbi, Sonko, Kipchumba Murkomen.  Itumbi's and Sonko's opinions carrying the most weight.

The person whose position really changes is the hustler.  In this case Ruto became Ag President before kamwana left because of kamwana's futile attempts to be a "civilian".  He remained Ag President until kamwana stepped back in Kenya. 

Importantly.  The expiry of kamwana's edict had no effect on his status as Ag President.  Only his arrival back in Kenya reverted the hustler back to loyal cheerleader.

Offline mya88

• Mega superstar
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2014, 02:42:33 PM »
so what exactly did 'president' Ruto accomplish in his 24 hours of presidency?This is some sort of circus I tell you....but that is exactly how this presidency feels to ouru...a big joke. If ouru really wanted to make a point, he should have let Ruto run for the rest of the term...then I would have thought he had some big b@lls.
"We must be the change we wish to see" - Mahatma Ghandi

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2014, 03:37:41 PM »
so what exactly did 'president' Ruto accomplish in his 24 hours of presidency?This is some sort of circus I tell you....but that is exactly how this presidency feels to ouru...a big joke. If ouru really wanted to make a point, he should have let Ruto run for the rest of the term...then I would have thought he had some big b@lls.
He inadvertently became a tool in kamwana's shenanigans.  kamwana now has him believing that he can revoke his status as acting President while overflying Sudan.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2014, 03:47:29 PM »
Termie

Ruto is screwed (excuse my French)! Most RV people have realized it. He is trying to sell something that is pedestrian. Being VP or DP is nothing in Kenya. We have had nine before Ruto. Out of those only one has become president and not through elections.

Kenyans (Luhyas) have voted out two of them and had it not been rigging, Saitoti too would have suffered the same fate several times. Kalonzo did not bring any votes to any alliance he entered (PNU or CORD) on account of his being VP nor has Mudavadi been a vote rain-maker.

Ruto reminds me of Kijana Wamalwa - doomed from the beginning and completely unaware of it. Kijana was kept "busy" with his "illness" as the MKM went about reneging on every deal they had made. Look at WSR busy with The Hague which the co-indictee takes as distraction.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2014, 04:12:55 PM »
My question is, since Uhuru appointed Ruto acting president, and he has returned to the country, and as far as we know, has not yet revoked that appointment, isn't Ruto still acting President as we speak? :D If Uhuru wants to really be magnanimous, he ought to appoint Ruto acting President for a significant period, as you indicate.  :D They say he is a bit lazy, our President. Though I have to say I don't know that as a fact. He could take a holiday in State house for even a few weeks and let Ruto act. That way, he'd be genuinely giving Ruto something he has to give instead of what Ruto already has through the kanstitushen :zen:
Just my 0.02 Kshs. wave  ;)

Offline Kichwambaya

• Regular
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2014, 04:39:22 PM »
Ruto was played big time. Its like someone taking a tie out of your closet right in front of your eyes, wrapping it up in a nice gift wrap and giving it to you as a gift, then you thank him profusely for his kindness. Its an insult to the intelligence of Ruto and his kalenjin supporters.  It must be the same Kamwana advisor who came up with that mosquito net gift to the people of Migori. This time he found a willing and desearving taker.

[/quote]He inadvertently became a tool in kamwana's shenanigans.  kamwana now has him believing that he can revoke his status as acting President while overflying Sudan.
[/quote]

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2014, 05:15:01 PM »
Like many here have said...Uhuru gave Ruto what he already was entitled. The only think Uhuru he added is probably his motorcade and office otherwise by default Ruto was acting the moment Uhuru boarded the plane out.Motorcade with outriders and pork office are not instrument of power...symbols...so this hand over was just drama and symbolism.

What Ruto need to demand is co-presidency in a coalition otherwise if he continue acting like a loyal DPORK; then he would have short changed URP who are in a coalition with TNA.

Soon enough even Uhuru will stop consulting him..assuming he hasn't long stopped.

Offline Olekoima

• Mega superstar
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2014, 06:55:39 PM »
So Ruto was President for a day. Who has been acting on other days?

President Uhuru Kenyatta has resumed his duties as President after legal instruments appointing William Ruto as acting President expired at 6pm on Wednesday.

A State House spokesperson made the announcement in a posting on social media.

"The legal instrument appointing DP William Ruto as Acting President expired this evening, at 6pm Nairobi time. HE the President Uhuru Kenyatta has resumed substantive duties after attending ICC Status Conference as private citizen," he said.
http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2000137539/ruto-s-period-as-acting-president-expired-at-6pm-state-house

I think they did this just for ICC. He has previously been away longer than this and we always knew who was acting then.