Author Topic: Uhuru: I won't go for another term  (Read 6423 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Uhuru: I won't go for another term
« on: January 25, 2020, 06:19:55 PM »
Like before 2013 - Raila strategy was ICC - it fell flat. His 2022 strategy is to entice Uhuru to continue but as Raila handyman. Will Uhuru bite. He says no
https://www.nation.co.ke/news/politics/I-wont-go-for-another-term--Uhuru-tells-elders/1064-5430982-lkyhd6/index.html

“He said he will not vie for the presidency in 2022 and he will be an ordinary raia (citizen) like us. He said he will not waste even a single minute after his term comes to an end and that is why he is keen on pushing for BBI that will distribute the national cake to all Kenyans,” said another elder

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: Uhuru: I won't go for another term
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2020, 06:27:37 PM »
He equally told Sagana and some Gema wazee at Gicheha Farm that he doesn't mind becoming PM.

I don't mind PM post, says Uhuru
https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2001349583/i-don-t-mind-pm-position-says-uhuru
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2020, 06:29:25 PM »
I am not sure who is angling for PM? Him or Matiangi or Waiguru? Let us wait for Uhuru to turn from a respected head of state and gov into an executive prime minister with Raila as the commander in chief and head of state. That will be something. A new kenya :) - a Lazy drunkard will be expected to answer questions like why the Chief of Kapsenger location brutalized some village and what action if any gov was going to undertake.

Well Uhuru is too young to retire :) might as well become MP of Ichaweri or the MCA.

If Raila loves Uhuru - there is only one way out - remove the term limits - become Uhuru Deputy President - or Non-Executive PM - that I would BELIEVE IT.

But giving Uhuru - a demeaning job - after being PORK - obviously is a ruse only believable by low IQ people like Robina

He equally told Sagana and some Gema wazee at Gicheha Farm that he doesn't mind PM post.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2020, 06:34:29 PM »
That hubris - thinking only Ruto can do political gymnastics and not others. Presidents become PM all over the world - nothing special nor strange about it.

I am not sure who is angling for PM? Him or Matiangi or Waiguru? Let us wait for Uhuru to turn from a respected head of state and gov into an executive prime minister with Raila as the commander in chief and head of state. That will be something. A new kenya.

Well Uhuru is too young to retire :) might as well become MP of Ichaweri or the MCA.

He equally told Sagana and some Gema wazee at Gicheha Farm that he doesn't mind PM post.
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2020, 06:38:05 PM »
Only in Russia - where Putin basically run the shows. Medved is just his poodle. No where do you have two fre-nemies do that. You want Uhuru to turn from Head of Gov & State - into Raila boy in parliament ( a glorified DUALE with lot more work to do)? That is very crazy.

Let us have this BBI 2.0 so we can laugh :)

If you love Uhuru like Sonko did - remove term limits - Raila goes for his non-executive PM - and Uhuru retains PORK. That will sell in GEMA. Ruto will be in serious trouble. That is probably what Uhuru is afraid to say - hence BBI 1.0 which we know he ordered edited. Raila and team had your parliamentary and executive PM floating - and grapevine is Uhuru forced Haji to make final changes...and is excuse was Ruto & GEMA to buy it :)

But now you're telling GEMA - trust Raila - risk the lives  & properties of your 1m diaspora as your inevitably go to war with Ruto/Kalenjin - so you can have a parliamentary system that don't favour you - Uhuru won't win  (GEMA don't have the MPS) but Uhuru will be made by Raila the Executive PM. If he falls out with Raila - parliament will kick him out the same evening :) :)

It crazy - even if Uhuru was to be that desperate - to be ready to do any job to earn a living - wira n wira - that is a little too much.

Uhuru wants to retire on a HIGH - not on a low like a dog. He wants to retire as former president and enjoy state funded perks for rest of his life.

That hubris - thinking only Ruto can do political gymnastics and not others. Presidents become PM all over the world - nothing special nor strange about it.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2020, 06:42:53 PM »
Once again you conflate your wishes with reality. Gema consent is not necessary to reform - they are a minority - half of them and Ruto himself have already capitulated. Exec PM will fly anywhere once it a reality - tough luck convincing Mt Kenya Ruto is a better CEO because Uhuru is lazy. :)

I think you need to google "trojan"

Only in Russia - where Putin basically run the shows. Medved is just his poodle. No where do you have two fre-nemies do that. You want Uhuru to turn from Head of Gov & State - into Raila boy in parliament ( a glorified DUALE with lot more work to do)? That is very crazy.

Let us have this BBI 2.0 so we can laugh :)

If you love Uhuru like Sonko did - remove term limits - Raila goes for his non-executive PM - and Uhuru retains PORK. That will sell in GEMA. Ruto will be in serious trouble.

But now you're telling GEMA - trust Raila - risk the lives  & properties of your 1m diaspora - so you can have a parliamentary system you won't win (GEMA don't have the MPS) but Uhuru will be made by Raila the Executive PM.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2020, 06:46:36 PM »
You lost me there on GEMA. I thought we were analyzing the possible moves by Uhuru? Himuselfu. Yes GEMA consent is required - because Ruto(RV) definitely not for your reforms (Not now when they are about to inherit PORK). So GEMA +RV = JUBILEE= WITH 3 Elections won so far - past 50%.

Murkomen in simple English said - if GEMA wants parliamentary system - then RV have no problem. It another way of saying NO referendum :).

Unless of course GEMA wants a system where they will have what 35 mps from Central plus 10 Mps from Meru +embu plus 10 mps (Big iff) in Nairobi and another 10 in RV diaspora. Those are 65mps in parliament with 350. That is like 18% of kenya.Kalenjin alone (not even including other kamatusas) are about that number of Mps :) - leave alone if Ruto manages to keep the alliance with other pastoralists.

In short - don't assume you know what Uhuru wants - :)

Once again you conflate your wishes with reality. Gema consent is not necessary to reform - they are a minority - half of them and Ruto himself have already capitulated. Exec PM will fly anywhere once it a reality - tough luck convincing Mt Kenya Ruto is a better CEO because Uhuru is lazy. :)

I think you need to google "trojan"

Offline Garliv

• Mega superstar
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2020, 09:50:20 PM »
Uhuru is being disingenuous here. Why claim BBI is the one to "distribute the national cake.." while Constitution 2010 has all the elements if indeed he is serious.
Second, the report talk of Gicheha Farm meeting where Uhuru reportedly said as much. From my own personal information (and am talking about 3 elders known to me and who attended and one was among organizers), they were left confused by Uhuru. Because he was urging them to support BBI and when they wanted to know "watu wetu watapata nini..." Uhuru was categorical that Gema will get a Big Seat (Gikuyu nĩmukuona gĩtĩ kĩnene... "). They got confused cause if Uhuru is PRESIDENT what other" big seat" was he referring to?
In short from my own personal knowledge that newspaper report may or may not be accurate. Or maybe it's one of those games NIS play to insert some stories to gauge reaction.

Anyway, Right now am congratulating TangaTanga Team and Ruto for sidetracking Raila and Kieleweke Team. Once Ruto team has "embraced BBI meetings" and even referendum if necessary, what will Kieleweke come up with? Their scheme to keep Ruto as "the opposer of excellent BBI" has now been derailed.

Like before 2013 - Raila strategy was ICC - it fell flat. His 2022 strategy is to entice Uhuru to continue but as Raila handyman. Will Uhuru bite. He says no
https://www.nation.co.ke/news/politics/I-wont-go-for-another-term--Uhuru-tells-elders/1064-5430982-lkyhd6/index.html

“He said he will not vie for the presidency in 2022 and he will be an ordinary raia (citizen) like us. He said he will not waste even a single minute after his term comes to an end and that is why he is keen on pushing for BBI that will distribute the national cake to all Kenyans,” said another elder

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2020, 11:02:22 PM »
You have run all these math and stats before - clinging to Uhurutopia - and lost. Instead of your theories let us stick to reality. Uhuru Kenyatta is going nowhere - we know this because he is pulling all punches to aid Raila and BBI. Embarassing Ruto and cutting him to size. Hammering his midgets hard. GEMA leaders have been leaving the Ruto bandwagon one by one - Wa Iria, Waiguru, Lee Kinyanjui, Waititu, Muthomi Njuki, Irungu Kang'ata, Sabina Chege,Kanini Kega - the list is long. Now Uhuru has banned Tangatanga from holding rallies in Mt Kenya. You are delusional to think this has no effect on the ground.

It is not the first time Kenyatta put the family first over "his people". In the 60s he shipped them off to RV and grabbed their ancestral land in Kiambu. Some he let Delameres and Egertons keep. All for self- aggrandizement. Today what he is doing while bad for Ruto and perhaps the Kikuyu - is good for everyone else outside Kikuyu and Kalenjin. In fact good for Kenya and patriotic. Kenya is greater than Kikuyu and Kalenjin.

You are right I don't know what Uhuru wants. Do you? I got these reported news - all you got is a hunch that BBI 2.0 is a trick on Raila - to stop him from throwing stones :D I said it, you are delusional.

You lost me there on GEMA. I thought we were analyzing the possible moves by Uhuru? Himuselfu. Yes GEMA consent is required - because Ruto(RV) definitely not for your reforms (Not now when they are about to inherit PORK). So GEMA +RV = JUBILEE= WITH 3 Elections won so far - past 50%.

Murkomen in simple English said - if GEMA wants parliamentary system - then RV have no problem. It another way of saying NO referendum :).

Unless of course GEMA wants a system where they will have what 35 mps from Central plus 10 Mps from Meru +embu plus 10 mps (Big iff) in Nairobi and another 10 in RV diaspora. Those are 65mps in parliament with 350. That is like 18% of kenya.Kalenjin alone (not even including other kamatusas) are about that number of Mps :) - leave alone if Ruto manages to keep the alliance with other pastoralists.

In short - don't assume you know what Uhuru wants - :)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2020, 11:03:47 PM »
RV Pundit - is Uhurutopia still kosher or did you finally run out of blames to hip on Nancy Jezebel Gitau?

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2020, 11:21:54 PM »
Executive Prime Minister duhh. In place of useless "Supreme Leader" or VP. Especially when someone has rigged himself into the center of Mt Kenya. It would be very foolish for Uhuru and Gema to hand over power to Ruto under the present circumstances. Why didn't Ruto just let Raila keep Kalenjin in 2012 and in addition support him to be president? What makes him think others are so stupid to do that if not hubris? Uhuru of course is not stupid and Ruto had it coming.

Uhuru is being disingenuous here. Why claim BBI is the one to "distribute the national cake.." while Constitution 2010 has all the elements if indeed he is serious.
Second, the report talk of Gicheha Farm meeting where Uhuru reportedly said as much. From my own personal information (and am talking about 3 elders known to me and who attended and one was among organizers), they were left confused by Uhuru. Because he was urging them to support BBI and when they wanted to know "watu wetu watapata nini..." Uhuru was categorical that Gema will get a Big Seat (Gikuyu nĩmukuona gĩtĩ kĩnene... "). They got confused cause if Uhuru is PRESIDENT what other "big seat" was he referring to?
In short from my own personal knowledge that newspaper report may or may not be accurate. Or maybe it's one of those games NIS play to insert some stories to gauge reaction.

I don't follow... Tangatanga already "accepted" BBI at Bomas. What they are trying to do now is stop Handshake team - Raila and Kieleweke - from first gaining ground and secondly more important from inserting parliamentary into BBI 2.0. Both are a flop because Raila and Uhuru control BBI taskforce - I read even the drivers and tea girls are NIS - Ruto has no input. Those wazee could as well just sit in State House and pretend to compile the report there. It is a pure charade. On gaining ground, so long as Ruto capitulates on parliamentary, there is no difference. Or well he could do another 180 and oppose :) - we are used to the gymnastics now - but the layout is not looking good for that. Then Uhuru will run for PM with Raila backing. Ruto will have a long list of Kiunjuris, Duales or Kalonzos to pick from for his ticket. Heck they already registered The Service Party or something - with flower symbol like Narc Kenya - Kiunjuri is party leader.

Anyway, Right now am congratulating TangaTanga Team and Ruto for sidetracking Raila and Kieleweke Team. Once Ruto team has "embraced BBI meetings" and even referendum if necessary, what will Kieleweke come up with? Their scheme to keep Ruto as "the opposer of excellent BBI" has now been derailed.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2020, 12:38:56 AM »
Back in Uhurutopia

Push and pull rocks UhuRuto's Jubilee Party over internal elections

• Deputy President's allies push for a takeover of Jubilee party while the President's men want the elections shelfed.

• Term of most officials ended last November with the party Constitution requiring that new officials be elected by March this year.

Deputy President William Ruto and Presidnet Uhuru Kenyatta during the launch of Jubilee Party.
X FILES

https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2020-01-25-push-and-pull-rocks-uhurutos-jubilee-party-over-internal-elections/

Offline Garliv

• Mega superstar
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2020, 02:52:32 PM »
Robina believe me there are a lot of people from Mt. Kenya who don't view Executive Prime Minister as "big seat...". Actually in reality Executive PM is really a hard job of trying to convince MPs and the population and then fighting to form some Coalition etc etc. It's very demanding. Then Executive PM has limited powers to actually get things done.

Truth be told, should Uhuru implement Parliamentary System the worst losers will be Mt. Kenyans by far. No matter how one looks at it, GEMA will be throwing themselves into being PERPETUAL MINORITY when forming any government. It's a Kenyan political historical fact that IT IS EASIER for other communities/tribes TO ISOLATE MT. KENYA politically than it is for Mt. Kenya to get a dependable alliance. Under the current system incorporating Mt. Kenya becomes political necessity because of NUMBERS. But with Parliamentary System they will be isolated till kingdom come.

Uhuru Kenyatta will have "sold his people" to perpetual political oblivion just because HE HIMSELF DOESN'T WANT TO GO HOME..

Executive Prime Minister duhh. In place of useless "Supreme Leader" or VP. Especially when someone has rigged himself into the center of Mt Kenya. It would be very foolish for Uhuru and Gema to hand over power to Ruto under the present circumstances. Why didn't Ruto just let Raila keep Kalenjin in 2012 and in addition support him to be president? What makes him think others are so stupid to do that if not hubris? Uhuru of course is not stupid and Ruto had it coming.

Second, the report talk of Gicheha Farm meeting where Uhuru reportedly said as much. From my own personal information (and am talking about 3 elders known to me and who attended and one was among organizers), they were left confused by Uhuru. Because he was urging them to support BBI and when they wanted to know "watu wetu watapata nini..." Uhuru was categorical that Gema will get a Big Seat (Gikuyu nĩmukuona gĩtĩ kĩnene... "). They got confused cause if Uhuru is PRESIDENT what other

Offline Garliv

• Mega superstar
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2020, 03:06:55 PM »
You are right: BBI Report is a foregone conclusion. What's happening with campaigns and meetings are just political theaters to keep the sheeple in line and sufficiently excited.

Forget Kiunjuri. What's needed in Gema is Mũtongoria Jamba (a brave leader) to take on Uhuru. He just stand his ground that Uhuru should finish his term in two years BUT he should let Mt. Kenya people have another incoming leader who should make "political deals" with others. Uhuru is misleading people because he want to extend his 10yrs in power through the backdoor. That is not a leader to negotiate for future...
Tragedy is currently Uhuru Kenyatta still dominates. There is no alternative to him. Only some regional noisemakers who even if they have good points/ideas they cannot be considered as alternative to Uhuru.
A Uhuru Successor is desperately needed to lead people into making sensible political alliance.

I don't follow... Tangatanga already "accepted" BBI at Bomas. What they are trying to do now is stop Handshake team - Raila and Kieleweke - from first gaining ground and secondly more important from inserting parliamentary into BBI 2.0. Both are a flop because Raila and Uhuru control BBI taskforce - I read even the drivers and tea girls are NIS - Ruto has no input. Those wazee could as well just sit in State House and pretend to compile the report there. It is a pure charade. On gaining ground, so long as Ruto capitulates on parliamentary, there is no difference. Or well he could do another 180 and oppose :) - we are used to the gymnastics now - but the layout is not looking good for that. Then Uhuru will run for PM with Raila backing. Ruto will have a long list of Kiunjuris, Duales or Kalonzos to pick from for his ticket. Heck they already registered The Service Party or something - with flower symbol like Narc Kenya - Kiunjuri is party leader.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2020, 03:08:33 PM »
By rejecting the parliamentary system, isn't William Ruto equally "selling out his people"? Seeing they are advantaged hugely by it. Why does this analysis start and end with Uhuru and Gema? Your concern is suspect.

Kenya was parliamentary ab initio. Lancaster was the UK model of devolved parliamentary system. All we needed to do was kick out the governor-general from Buckingham and replace him with a rotational president ala Malaysia. Otherwise 3 or 4 presidents from one tribe is simply unhealthy. The Kikuyu are favored currently - competition is simply fairness not discrimination. We are correcting a mis-design not creating a new fault. That only 2 tribes have enjoyed ultimate power  - and the one by sheer luck! - is an indictment of the system.

It is good you note the Exec PM is a tough JOB. That's right. Strip the leadership of ceremony and deity status and let true leaders emerge. Of course you are being disingenuous cause the alternative is the worthless VP. Last time the naive, docile Moi took over for a quarter century. Uhuru could easily quit and Raila takes over being from the same coalition. They could even swap. Better, Ruto can beat them hands down with his massive advantage, no? The important item is the fairer, more balanced system. Not the individual.

Robina believe me there are a lot of people from Mt. Kenya who don't view Executive Prime Minister as "big seat...". Actually in reality Executive PM is really a hard job of trying to convince MPs and the population and then fighting to form some Coalition etc etc. It's very demanding. Then Executive PM has limited powers to actually get things done.

Truth be told, should Uhuru implement Parliamentary System the worst losers will be Mt. Kenyans by far. No matter how one looks at it, GEMA will be throwing themselves into being PERPETUAL MINORITY when forming any government. It's a Kenyan political historical fact that IT IS EASIER for other communities/tribes TO ISOLATE MT. KENYA politically than it is for Mt. Kenya to get a dependable alliance. Under the current system incorporating Mt. Kenya becomes political necessity because of NUMBERS. But with Parliamentary System they will be isolated till kingdom come.

Uhuru Kenyatta will have "sold his people" to perpetual political oblivion just because HE HIMSELF DOESN'T WANT TO GO HOME..

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2020, 03:43:06 PM »
If you look carefully you will see especially Kikuyu numbers are dwindling fast. Kikuyu only lose in the short term redeemed by Uhuru 2.0. Kalenjin and Somali are the losers in the medium and long terms. Either way those tribal lenses are very narrow- minded. Think Kenya not Kikuyu. I don't care much for Uhuru but his lagabout is a fair price for a better Kenya.

Ruto killed the Gema upstarts in his backstabbing schemes. Still if Uhuru wanted he could easily promote anyone including Kiunjuri, PK, etc - he does not want to which indicates his intent. Let us say Ruto exacerbated the problem for himself yet Governor Kabogo of Kiambu or Governor PK of Nairobi would not trounce Kenyatta who is the bird in hand. You and Pundit are naive thinking Gema will desert Uhuru for Kiunjuri/Ruto - what precedent do you have for that? Why didn't Kalenjin abandon Moi in 1992 - instead happily extending his 14 years to 24? 8)

Gema are better off with Uhuru 2.0 than nothing - which is what a VP is. You are drawing a false equivalence of PM- vs - President. It is PM vs nothing. Uhuru 2.0 only causes a sour taste in Ruto and Kalenjin because it is their turn at the till. Non-GEMA see Uhuru for parliamentary as a fair trade. I don't think say Duale, Kalonzo or Mudavadi are simply angling for the position of DPM but also a fairer shot for their people. Kiunjuri will be touted as a sell-out who wants to hand over power to an alien like Njonjo did with Moi. Unless Ruto fronts Kiunjuri for PM it is a very bad gamble to bet against Uhuru in Mt Kenya.

You are right: BBI Report is a foregone conclusion. What's happening with campaigns and meetings are just political theaters to keep the sheeple in line and sufficiently excited.

Forget Kiunjuri. What's needed in Gema is Mũtongoria Jamba (a brave leader) to take on Uhuru. He just stand his ground that Uhuru should finish his term in two years BUT he should let Mt. Kenya people have another incoming leader who should make "political deals" with others. Uhuru is misleading people because he want to extend his 10yrs in power through the backdoor. That is not a leader to negotiate for future...
Tragedy is currently Uhuru Kenyatta still dominates. There is no alternative to him. Only some regional noisemakers who even if they have good points/ideas they cannot be considered as alternative to Uhuru.
A Uhuru Successor is desperately needed to lead people into making sensible political alliance.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2020, 07:50:03 PM »
Pundit what's with the dynamic duo meeting all day? Another Kabiniet reshuffle coming up?
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2020, 09:31:37 PM »
Ask Robina - those two are not supposed to be meeting anymore. They are done.
Pundit what's with the dynamic duo meeting all day? Another Kabiniet reshuffle coming up?

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2020, 10:41:56 PM »
What meeting? Nothing in the news. Anyway I thought they would be attending Jubilee PG in Naivasha.

Ask Robina - those two are not supposed to be meeting anymore. They are done.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2020, 11:08:07 PM »
173 MPs held the PG..tuju can keep the shell