Author Topic: Apple hits $2Trillion  (Read 5459 times)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Apple hits $2Trillion
« on: August 03, 2018, 03:37:18 PM »
A Trillion-Dollar Apple
https://www.wsj.com/articles/a-trillion-dollar-apple-1533251700
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 07:28:32 PM by Robina »
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Re: Apple hits $1Trillion
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 04:24:34 PM »
Came to post this

Ms Robina stop stalking my mind else we divorce pap!
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 05:13:41 PM »
Never bought anything apple I hate their overprived stuff..the only thing I almost bought was I-pad

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 05:28:21 PM »
Came to post this

Wish it was a Kenyan or African company worth at least $50B.

Is there a YouTube channel for your church?
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 05:58:45 PM »
And to imagine Apple was at some point on its deathbed.  During the pinnacle of the Windows era, when Microsoft looked untouchable.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2018, 08:32:14 PM »
Vooke is in a cult. Her godess likes young brilliant men

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2018, 08:23:17 AM »
And to imagine Apple was at some point on its deathbed.  During the pinnacle of the Windows era, when Microsoft looked untouchable.

Yup. The Jobs comeback. Microsoft 's failure to break into consumer meant they inevitably trailed. The FAANGs have mastered the survival formula now - gobbling up all promising startups - AI, VR, blockchain and whatnot.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2018, 09:55:38 AM »
Came to post this

We tried but it never worked. I think data price is still an obstacle
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2018, 02:36:20 PM »
Came to post this

Yes it is and DATA is a big opportunity. Netflix, Hulu, Fire i think is $20 a month for endless entertainment... but streaming data is 10X that in nai,  isn't it? If safcon doesn't style up Google Loon n FB n Tesla are coming. Sickly Bob sleeps on the job and needs to ship out.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2018, 06:58:32 PM »
Came to post this

Yes it is and DATA is a big opportunity. Netflix, Hulu, Fire i think is $20 a month for endless entertainment... but streaming data is 10X that in nai,  isn't it? If safcon doesn't style up Google Loon n FB n Tesla are coming. Sickly Bob sleeps on the job and needs to ship out.

Oh yea,
I think profit margins on data are crazy....well, abnormal profits never last

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2018, 09:00:31 PM »
Came to post this

Oh yea,
I think profit margins on data are crazy....well, abnormal profits never last

Safcon basically steals from poor Kenyans instead of innovating or creating anything new. They only play catch up to Uber, etc. Look at cloud for instance, 10yrs since launch i think Kenyan SMEs know more about AWS :( Even that innovation center thing - Safcon "Alpha" - has come up with nothing in 2 years despite gathering a stable of Phds. Kenya as a whole will be served way better by MNCs like FB n Google or Amazon doing their thing - data ought to be dirt cheap by now - Safcon's strangling Kenya. Bure kabisa.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2018, 01:16:11 AM »
Amazon strikes $1 trillion market cap, 4 weeks after Apple did the same
https://techcrunch.com/2018/09/04/amazon-strikes-1-trillion-market-cap-4-weeks-after-apple-did-the-same/

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2018, 01:21:03 AM »
Jeff Bezos is worth $160B now... way above Bill Gates. Poor Larry Ellison who used to obsess with beating Gates never made it. He really craved the bragging rights. Must be no 10 now from no 2 in the Oracle heydays.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2018, 07:33:29 AM »

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2018, 09:46:59 AM »
Safcon basically steals from poor Kenyans instead of innovating or creating anything new. They only play catch up to Uber, etc. Look at cloud for instance, 10yrs since launch i think Kenyan SMEs know more about AWS :( Even that innovation center thing - Safcon "Alpha" - has come up with nothing in 2 years despite gathering a stable of Phds. Kenya as a whole will be served way better by MNCs like FB n Google or Amazon doing their thing - data ought to be dirt cheap by now - Safcon's strangling Kenya. Bure kabisa.
BTW what happened to safaricom masoko?

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2018, 06:45:27 PM »
https://techcrunch.com/2018/09/04/amazon-strikes-1-trillion-market-cap-4-weeks-after-apple-did-the-same/

Cloud is the present cash cow yes, but the value driver is the e-commerce potential due to its rapid growth and the efficient fulfillment infrastructure built by Amazon. They're now onto groceries and drones. E-commerce is the key not AWS.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2018, 10:39:51 PM »

Cloud is the present cash cow yes, but the value driver is the e-commerce potential due to its rapid growth and the efficient fulfillment infrastructure built by Amazon. They're now onto groceries and drones. E-commerce is the key not AWS.

They have years of experience, economies of scale and, huge market share on e-commerce and are still burning cash. Groceries have never been pushed online for some reasons....so exactly what else would they do to turn a profit on e-commerce? 

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2020, 07:27:51 PM »
Apple hits 2T usd ... as Njamba continue to invest in old-school trucks.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/19/apple-reaches-2-trillion-market-cap.html

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Apple hits $2Trillion
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2021, 08:37:35 AM »
Apple $111b quarter revenue and $28b net profit https://www.wsj.com/articles/apple-aapl-1q-earnings-report-2021-11611714196?mod=hp_lead_pos1 . That's a monster quarter. Apple one quarter is greater than kenya GDP and Kenyans are transfixed on politics and mundane investments.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Apple hits $2Trillion
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2021, 08:46:40 AM »
You do realize that Kenya contribute to those revenues - however little. This is a global company and these are global sales. Something we don't have. We killed SportPesa that was becoming one. Our Safaricom if we had allowed it to grow would be posting similar results.
Apple $111b quarter revenue and $28b net profit https://www.wsj.com/articles/apple-aapl-1q-earnings-report-2021-11611714196?mod=hp_lead_pos1 . That's a monster quarter. Apple one quarter is greater than kenya GDP and Kenyans are transfixed on politics and mundane investments.