Author Topic: Apple hits $2Trillion  (Read 5460 times)

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Apple hits $2Trillion
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2021, 09:20:02 AM »
You do realize that Kenya contribute to those revenues - however little. This is a global company and these are global sales. Something we don't have. We killed SportPesa that was becoming one. Our Safaricom if we had allowed it to grow would be posting similar results.
Apple $111b quarter revenue and $28b net profit https://www.wsj.com/articles/apple-aapl-1q-earnings-report-2021-11611714196?mod=hp_lead_pos1 . That's a monster quarter. Apple one quarter is greater than kenya GDP and Kenyans are transfixed on politics and mundane investments.
re
Yes I do realize that, the point is ,its sad that a single company one quarter is greater than our entire gdp.  Sportpesa other than marketing and integration with Mpesa, do they own any proprietary technology? I thought they were buying odds from a British company (could be wrong). Bottom line, even without one huge company, sum of all economic activities in Kenya should be bigger.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2021, 09:29:28 AM »
Coca-cola sell sugared water - and they are big. We need our companies to grow national to regional to continental and eventually to global ambition. Manu Chandarias have done it.

Yes kenya economy is very tiny - for many reasons - including historical happenstance.

Yes I do realize that, the point is ,its sad that a single company one quarter is greater than our entire gdp.  Sportpesa other than marketing and integration with Mpesa, do they own any proprietary technology? I thought they were buying odds from a British company (could be wrong). Bottom line, even without one huge company, sum of all economic activities in Kenya should be bigger.

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2021, 09:38:13 AM »
Coca-cola sell sugared water - and they are big. We need our companies to grow national to regional to continental and eventually to global ambition. Manu Chandarias have done it.

Yes kenya economy is very tiny - for many reasons - including historical happenstance.
Agreed. We need scalable companies.