Author Topic: Babu’s Much Awaited Fiery Speech  (Read 4715 times)

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Babu’s Much Awaited Fiery Speech
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2017, 08:07:57 PM »
Pundit you keep repeating that SCOK judges expected Raila to campaign vigorously. Where's that from? The September 1 ruling that overturned the first heist was very polite. By the same token, it might be said the same judges who spared us naming election thieves expressly also expected the dynamic duo to resign in shame. Lakini hawana haya.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2017, 08:31:59 PM »
Anyway from that twisted logic... that Mr Odinga won with 62% - due to the violent boycott - we were to get a People's PORK. Seems we have to settle for the People's Assembly - cause they believe in the parliamentary system. Once the petition is tossed out - we can have a nyalgunga kangaroo court - the People's Judiciary :D
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2017, 08:45:06 PM »
If you listen very carefully - you will hear the real "problem" - which is the Kikuyu-Kalenjin ping pong :). We can't beat them so screw the system. Let's find a new path... called the parliamentary system. Reforms my foot.
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2017, 08:54:48 PM »
Robina you don't think a Kalenjin-Kikuyu pingpong (looting spree) is not a problem in a country of 43 tribes?
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2017, 09:01:48 PM »
Robina you don't think a Kalenjin-Kikuyu pingpong (looting spree) is not a problem in a country of 43 tribes?
The looting is not just by the Kikuyu and Kalenjin. It's systematically being committed all across the country.

Why nobody sees the connection between the 2010 constitution (more positions/institutions = more corruption ) and the unraveling of our country beats me. The new constitution could never address the patronage system of government. It simply entrenched it.

As I've always said, the problem was never the constitution, starting from independence.

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2017, 09:13:22 PM »
The looting is not just by the Kikuyu and Kalenjin. It's systematically being committed all across the country.

Why nobody sees the connection between the 2010 constitution (more positions/institutions = more corruption ) and the unraveling of our country beats me. The new constitution could never address the patronage system of government. It simply entrenched it.

As I've always said, the problem was never the constitution, starting from independence.
Well, Raila to be fair fought for only 14 regional govts but was defeated by PNU in Naivasha. He also fought for a parliamentary system but was similarly thwarted. He fought for significantly more devolution, same story. If PNU/Jubilee weren't so out to oppose the man just for the sake of it, a lot of these structural issues would not exist. That said, while I agree that a constitution by itself was not the end-all-be-all solution to all our problems, the idea that the old one was not in its own right a major source of problems is also not true. There is a reason the first order of business for Uhuru's dad was to destroy the first constitution and its checks, regionalism and strong bicameral house, and replace it with an imperial presidency within the first 4 years of bazungu leaving.

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2017, 09:16:35 PM »

Well, Raila to be fair fought for only 14 regional govts but was defeated by PNU in Naivasha. He also fought for a parliamentary system but was similarly thwarted. He fought for significantly more devolution, same story. If PNU/Jubilee weren't so out to oppose the man just for the sake of it, a lot of these structural issues would not exist. That said, while I agree that a constitution by itself was not the end-all-be-all solution to all our problems, the idea that the old one was not in its own right a major source of problems is also not true. There is a reason the first order of business for Uhuru's dad was to destroy the first constitution and its checks, regionalism and strong bicameral house, and replace it with an imperial presidency within the first 4 years of bazungu leaving.
Agreed.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2017, 09:34:51 PM »
No I don't. It's democracy.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2017, 10:10:22 PM »
It seems we are resigned to looting (sad if you ask me). If that be the case, let all 43 tribes get a chance. The pingpong duo tribes have had enough at our expense. Pundit glorifies looting here almost daily and Robina seems to have joined him lately. Albeit reluctantly. Arap Mashamba takes it as of right.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2017, 10:13:31 PM »

A series of stolen elections is not democracy.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2017, 10:52:44 PM »

Okay. Don't worry I was NASA too. Until the evidence grew thin. And the parallel tallying center failed to produce anything convincing. But they totally lost me when they invented the right to be peacefully armed with bonfires and rocks. :o

Okey-Dokey.

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2017, 11:32:37 PM »

Okay. Don't worry I was NASA too. Until the evidence grew thin. And the parallel tallying center failed to produce anything convincing. But they totally lost me when they invented the right to be peacefully armed with bonfires and rocks. :o

Okey-Dokey.
ODM lost me when I personally witnessed firsthand the mind-boggling looting they engaged in during the coalition government after the PEV.

That's when I woke up from my self-induced slumber and knew without a doubt that there was no difference whatsoever between Rao (ex Sec-Gen of KANU) and the rest of the KANU orphans.