Author Topic: Babu’s Much Awaited Fiery Speech  (Read 4620 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Babu’s Much Awaited Fiery Speech
« on: October 31, 2017, 04:56:55 PM »
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Babu’s Much Awaited Fiery Speech
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 05:22:00 PM »
What did he say - Assembly of what to rule kenya - he is gonna insane.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 05:46:40 PM »
WE REJECT SHAM ELECTIONS:

NASA CAMPAIGN FOR ELECTORAL JUSTICE AND DEMOCRACY

October 31st 2017
A president who is elected in an election that does not comply with the constitution cannot legitimately and constitutionally exercise authority on behalf of the people. If the election is allowed to stand, the highest office in the land will be occupied by a person who has usurped power.

We in NASA are resolute that this sham election cannot and will not be allowed to stand.  We will not allow two megalomaniacs to destroy the dream of freedom and democracy that generations have sacrificed and worked so hard for.  We shall see to it that we conduct a free, fair and credible presidential election as ordered by the Supreme Court.

The Supreme Court ordered a repeat election held in compliance with the constitution and the law.  The order has not been complied with. It must be.  It is in our best interest that we do so sooner rather than later.

Our programme of action

National resistance campaign

Defence of the right to peaceful protest
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 05:50:32 PM »

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 05:58:29 PM »
The no-show on 25th had many people thinking the same way, at home and internationally. It's a wide perception. This gives them a good basis to make this claim, whatever their intentions may be.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2017, 06:01:57 PM »
NRM then People Assembly next Politubro next ..talk of getting stuck btw hard and bad place.Raila is trying to reinvent himself and kalonzo is a fool not to see through this.Best strategy for Jubilee is to continue converting sober governors to join jubilee...no need bring the top garbage like kalonzo or wetangula on board ..they can continue being Raila biatches.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2017, 06:03:48 PM »
The no-show on 25th had many people thinking the same way, at home and internationally. It's a wide perception. This gives them a good basis to make this claim, whatever their intentions may be.

It could be argued it started right after it was discovered that at least 4 guys in SCOK are independent.  The ridiculous EACC attempts at going after the registrar.  The attack on Mwilu's bodyguard and subsequent vanishing for 4 judges.  The vanishing of Court of Appeal only to emerge under cover of darkness to stay Odunga's ruling on ROs.  If we are dealing with a country with credible institutions like Denmark, these events would be suspect.  In Kenya, it's pretty obvious what is happening.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2017, 06:12:19 PM »

It could be argued it started right after it was discovered that at least 4 guys in SCOK are independent.  The ridiculous EACC attempts at going after the registrar.  The attack on Mwilu's bodyguard and subsequent vanishing for 4 judges.  The vanishing of Court of Appeal only to emerge under cover of darkness to stay Odunga's ruling on ROs.  If we are dealing with a country with credible institutions like Denmark, these events would be suspect.  In Kenya. it's pretty obvious what is happening.
Indeed. It started with the "we shall revisit", the fake JSC smearing petitions and all you have mentioned. Still, people had faith the judiciary was holding its own, refusing to be intimidated, until 25th. The 25th is when doubts entered many people. Personally, I totally disagreed with the case before the court (I didn't see it as a constitutional problem but a political problem that the court could not appropriately resolve) but I firmly expected all the judges to be present, hear the matter, and then decide basically that the court was absolutely the wrong forum for the types of solutions sought. What I did not see coming was the Houdini. I can't blame any judge, personally. It's surely a miracle that they have shown the courage they have so far.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2017, 06:16:25 PM »

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2017, 06:36:15 PM »
Chance of another petition are so remote don't even entertain such a thought. The middle finger Raila gave to SCORK judges after they granted him unprecedented second bite in Africa is going to work against any petition..he basically used the judgement as carte' blanche to ran roughshold over IEBC and finally withdrwaw. I think judges expect that he would use the second chance to vigorously campaign and try his luck.As for the lie that fraud emanated from Jubilee...it came right through SCORK's Njoki Ndugu whose minority opinion basically tore apart the majority facts. That is going to stink for sometimes. That SCORK basically lazily relied on Nyakakia nonsense without checking any of those forms...like they are expected to do.

In short this is concession speech for Raila and his attempt to look for another excuse to ran again in 2022. Kalonzo is the biggest loser today.

Anyway I am glad he has disregarded the bad advice from Orengo & Muthama to  "swear" himself as People President - a treasonable offence . Although he is not PORK - he is a billionaire who enjoy lots of privellege - and If he continues with his path to militia - he may soon enjoy Kamiti with hardened criminals.

Best cut your losses...militia or other treasonable nonsense will make a bad situation worse. Cut you losses and wait for 2022...GEMA may not be that enthusiastic about Ruto..so there is some slight opening there

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2017, 06:46:40 PM »
Indeed. It started with the "we shall revisit", the fake JSC smearing petitions and all you have mentioned. Still, people had faith the judiciary was holding its own, refusing to be intimidated, until 25th. The 25th is when doubts entered many people. Personally, I totally disagreed with the case before the court (I didn't see it as a constitutional problem but a political problem that the court could not appropriately resolve) but I firmly expected all the judges to be present, hear the matter, and then decide basically that the court was absolutely the wrong forum for the types of solutions sought. What I did not see coming was the Houdini. I can't blame any judge, personally. It's surely a miracle that they have shown the courage they have so far.

My view too.  The court should have sat and thrown out the petition.  As it is, Jubilee has now learned that it can cow the judiciary.   I don't expect it to end there.   We can expect that in the next few years the same methods will be applied to lower courts.   

Also, it is not just with the judiciary that Jubilee has learned some "useful" lessons.   Corruption is another, and the lesson is that no amount of noise, from wherever, will make any difference.   I expect some serious "kula nyama" in the next five years. 

Generally, numerous institutions that were supposed to make a difference have turned out to be totally useless: IEBC, NCIC, IPOA, ... all costly jokes.    No need to get into the deep-rooted, but generally tolerated, incompetence that defines the entire civil service.

Countries tend to go to the dogs in a "small small" way, and Kenya seems to have embarked on "forward to the dark past" path.  And, because it is and will be "small small",  most people will go along until it is too late.

For a student of history, what is happening is actually fascinating in a way.   One often wonders "just how did this country get to this deplorable point? why were such bad choices and decisions made at this or that junction? etc.".  Now we get to see it happening "live".   And what is especially fascinating about the Kenyan version is that we have been there before, decided that we'd had enough and wanted something quite different, but we are now "rebooting" to disaster.       

MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2017, 07:00:43 PM »
My view too.  The court should have sat and thrown out the petition.  As it is, Jubilee has now learned that it can cow the judiciary.   I don't expect it to end there.   We can expect that in the next few years the same methods will be applied to lower courts.   

Also, it is not just with the judiciary that Jubilee has learned some "useful" lessons.   Corruption is another, and the lesson is that no amount of noise, from wherever, will make any difference.   I expect some serious "kula nyama" in the next five years. 

Generally, numerous institutions that were supposed to make a difference have turned out to be totally useless: IEBC, NCIC, IPOA, ... all costly jokes.    No need to get into the deep-rooted, but generally tolerated, incompetence that defines the entire civil service.

Countries tend to go to the dogs in a "small small" way, and Kenya seems to have embarked on "forward to the dark past" path.  And, because it is and will be "small small",  most people will go along until it is too late.

For a student of history, what is happening is actually fascinating in a way.   One often wonders "just how did this country get to this deplorable point? why were such bad choices and decisions made at this or that junction? etc.".  Now we get to see it happening "live".   And what is especially fascinating about the Kenyan version is that we have been there before, decided that we'd had enough and wanted something quite different, but we are now "rebooting" to disaster.       

Quite sad nothing is independent of Jubilee

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2017, 07:39:32 PM »
There is this falacy that you can have world class institution in third class country..not gonna happen...almost all our everything will be better than Uganda but less than South Africa.And everything will get better slowly with everything.
...or worse with everything.Dont expect world class judiciary in corrupt society.We need to build incremental gains all over the place...not delude ourselves that we can fix this or that when everything else is unfixed.We need to fix everything pole pole one tiny step forward....coz this huge ship.Jubilee seem to get this incrimental approach...nasa are kichwa mbaya type who think complex and complicated issues like country development can be fixed in fornight or generation.Never gonna happen.Celebrate small tiny sustainable steps like economy growth of 5% about to now last  generation.The you have single issues morons who think country is one cell amoeba...do fix this first then go to next...

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2017, 07:47:51 PM »
There is this falacy that you can have world class institution in third class country..not gonna happen...almost all our everything will be better than Uganda but less than South Africa.And everything will get better slowly with everything.
...or worse with everything.Dont expect world class judiciary in corrupt society.

As usual, you've missed the point.  Drunk on 20 litres of milk or something? 

Here it is: "world class institutions" don't just fall out of the sky, and "third class" countries don't suddenly wake up and find that they are "first class".   The changes require serious, focus, and sustained efforts.   Undermining existing embryonic institutions, robbing the country blind ... slowly working  back to a bad past do not constitute such efforts.   Nor does sitting on one's backside and hoping that, through some miracle, "everything will get better slowly with everything".

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2017, 07:48:30 PM »
"We must overturn the system because I lost."

No but no thanks. Those issues he raises are manifesto material - he should try them in 2022.  If he is so noble why can't he use his might to reign in corruption, just as an example? But PM, deputy PM - new "structure" - that his groupies are floating around - sorry no takers.

Let him go ahead with the economic sabotage - his true colors will show with time - for those too blind to see them now.
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2017, 07:55:01 PM »
Poverty, corruption, disease, drought - 3rd world problems - are being listed as the reasons an election loser should be given a second bite at the cherry. What does marginalization have to do with NASA's loss? :D:D

...or worse with everything.Dont expect world class judiciary in corrupt society.We need to build incremental gains all over the place...not delude ourselves that we can fix this or that when everything else is unfixed.We need to fix everything pole pole one tiny step forward....coz this huge ship.Jubilee seem to get this incrimental approach...nasa are kichwa mbaya type who think complex and complicated issues like country development can be fixed in fornight or generation.Never gonna happen.Celebrate small tiny sustainable steps like economy growth of 5% about to now last  generation.The you have single issues morons who think country is one cell amoeba...do fix this first then go to next...
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2017, 07:59:53 PM »
Pundit - NASA are not confused, naive or grandiose. They simply loathe democracy - so they want to run the country - regardless of the comprehensive loss at the ballot. Their ideas may be ok - but Kenyans just gave them the middle finger - and renewed Jubilee's mandate.

Democracy ilikuja na meli.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2017, 08:00:03 PM »
Moonki...law of average or mean or normal distributions..says everything will tend toward the average.if you copy usa constitution and institutions and apply it on poor corrupt country then its a matter of time.I mean we had same situation in 63.I agree it take long time and focus to make anything happen...i disagree we are not doing that..changes youre expecting can only be visible a generation or two.We are moving forward

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2017, 08:06:39 PM »
Here it is: "world class institutions" don't just fall out of the sky, and "third class" countries don't suddenly wake up and find that they are "first class".   The changes require serious, focus, and sustained efforts.   Undermining existing embryonic institutions, robbing the country blind ... slowly working  back to a bad past do not constitute such efforts.   Nor does sitting on one's backside and hoping that, through some miracle, "everything will get better slowly with everything".
Exactly. Many people think bazungu just created working institutions the way a plant grows from a seed. There are African countries with institutions that do work, and I don't mean S.A. Without political will, you will be here until people grow tired enough to rip everything apart in a bloody revolution. For sure, the constitution, devolution and the new judiciary never would have happened without 2007 PEV. But it's just better when you don't have to wait for that kind of thing to make meaningful changes. I consider people tired enough to be calling for secession to be a sign we need to move faster in fixing our stuff.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2017, 08:07:44 PM »
Moonki...law of average or mean or normal distributions..says everything will tend toward the average.if you copy usa constitution and institutions and apply it on poor corrupt country then its a matter of time.I mean we had same situation in 63.I agree it take long time and focus to make anything happen...i disagree we are not doing that..changes youre expecting can only be visible a generation or two.We are moving forward

Yes, that's it.   Just copy, sit back, and wait for "law of average or mean or normal distributions" to work ... as has happened with quite a few countries that have made tremendous progress in the last 50 years (or even just 20 years).  Thanks for the clarification.   

Law of averages
As invoked in everyday life, the "law" usually reflects wishful thinking or a poor understanding of statistics rather than any mathematical principle
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_averages