Author Topic: Kisiis take the cake when it comes to cheating  (Read 4171 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Kisiis take the cake when it comes to cheating
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2017, 06:01:37 PM »
Kadame - Explain to us why Gusii (Kisii+Nyamira) has led in exam cheating since I as far back as I can recall.

http://www.nation.co.ke/oped/Letters/When-it-comes-to-cheating-in-exams/440806-2648928-kptwg2/index.html
Year in, year out, schools in Kisii make it to the list of shame. It is as though there is a permanent slot for Kisii schools. I would like to know why this annual phenomenon is becoming a permanent resident in the Abagusii region.

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2017, 06:06:56 PM »
The elections cookery is perfected in kisii region

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2017, 06:08:47 PM »
Kadame - Explain to us why Gusii (Kisii+Nyamira) has led in exam cheating since I as far back as I can recall.

http://www.nation.co.ke/oped/Letters/When-it-comes-to-cheating-in-exams/440806-2648928-kptwg2/index.html
Year in, year out, schools in Kisii make it to the list of shame. It is as though there is a permanent slot for Kisii schools. I would like to know why this annual phenomenon is becoming a permanent resident in the Abagusii region.
All exam cheats she has met are normally distributed across all tribes
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2017, 06:10:15 PM »
Yeap they are ever leading in number of petitions filled - and by-elections held. Not in 2017 - but all the years I can remember. I mean there is a lot of anecdotal evidence to proof that significant number of Gusii's values systems is messed. I must say Matiangi seem to know all the tricks and that has helped cleaned up this process.
The elections cookery is perfected in kisii region

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2017, 06:14:36 PM »
I think one theory I have had is Gusii Clannism and the intense competition btw clans fuel most of cheating & fraud. Their also strong sense of community/clannism that makes Gusii want to help each other. It's less about individualism but more about lifting the whole family or clan up...which is great thing and probably explain why Gusii have really progressed and developed.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2017, 06:14:56 PM »
Maybe you should explain to us why Kalenjins stole so much from the government during Moi and now during Ouruto?

"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Kadame7

• Enigma
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2017, 06:16:38 PM »

Unlike the ones you've been told about who cheat in exams because Shambas are small in Kisii.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2017, 06:17:14 PM »
Simple. Kalenjin have a dual sin system. They always been thieves - stealing cattle and anything from neighboring tribes - but internally there is very little thievery or fraud or crime. Outside Kalenjin - a Kalenjin is sanctioned to do anything - steal/kill/rape name it - and Kalenjin have different words for such kind of stealing or murder or crimes against non-kalenjin. Internally Kalenjin have incredible value -systems that abhors stealing, killing, cheating name it - externally the culture extols the same acts as heroic if done to a say Luo or Maasai or etc. While most tribes would take a misfortune to mean they were bewitched - Kalenjin first port of call is that man or any clan member has sin against a fellow kalenjin - he either stolen someone goat or killed or name it ---so basically any intra-kalenjin crimes is totally frown upon and is so dangerous the whole clan would pro-actively out you and compensate the victim.

Stealing in Nairobi is akin to raiding. That is the foundation of Kalenjin society. But if you come and steal devolved funds like Isaac Ruto - then you're stealing from Kalenjin.

Maybe you should explain to us why Kalenjins stole so much from the government during Moi and now during Ouruto?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2017, 06:18:28 PM »
My brother use to teach in school in Gusii - and he told me the whole clan would organize for school cheating - like teachers were expected to assist in cheating.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2017, 06:22:44 PM »
Just because Ruto is corrupt doesnt mean all Kalenjins are coorrupt!!!
Many of my Kikuyu friends struggle like me trying to raise a family. They will never benefit from Uhuru's Shenanigans.
Despicable...

So we can lump criminals into ethnicities... this is bigotry. Stereotyping at best.

Offline Kadame7

• Enigma
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2017, 06:22:52 PM »

Excuse me, ati explain what? Why dont you explain to me why those kalenjins burnt people in a church in 2007? I've seen you jump at Omollo for basically wondering about why stories about raping animals are often reported from some regions. Honestly, what kind of a question is that, seriously?

Offline Kadame7

• Enigma
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2017, 06:24:42 PM »
My brother use to teach in school in Gusii - and he told me the whole clan would organize for school cheating - like teachers were expected to assist in cheating.
Why are you making it look like that came from me?

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2017, 06:25:05 PM »
So we can lump criminals into ethnicities... this is bigotry. Stereotyping at best.

This is the let's mourn Maraga shitting on our MOASS by celebrating ignorance and bigotry thread.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2017, 06:25:45 PM »
I have explained severally. Kalenjin feel nothing about people burnt in Kiamba. They are not kalenjin - it against war code to kill women and kids - but Mungiki broke the war code long time. It just the way their are cultured. Just like "maybe" Gusii are cultured to cheat or do whatever it takes to get ahead.
Excuse me, ati explain what? Why dont you explain to me why those kalenjins burnt people in a church in 2007? I've seen you jump at Omollo for basically wondering about why stories about raping animals are often reported from some regions. Honestly, what kind of a question is that, seriously?

Offline Kadame7

• Enigma
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2017, 06:33:22 PM »
I have explained severally. Kalenjin feel nothing about people burnt in Kiamba. They are not kalenjin - it against war code to kill women and kids - but Mungiki broke the war code long time. It just the way their are cultured. Just like "maybe" Gusii are cultured to cheat or do whatever it takes to get ahead.
Pundit, I'm actually not lying. I have seen NO evidence that Kisiis are prone to theft or fraud more than your average Kenyan. None. I have no idea about the exams or petitions but you cant seriously think that it means Kisiis steal elections more than others? There are many vices Im glad to talk about that ring true to me and I have before: superstition and the propensity to blame all ordinary bad luck on enemies. If you said that I would know what toure talking about. Even the tendency, and this is not just Kisiis, to look down on women and be generally unfair to them in terms of division of labour etc. But a propensity for stealing and cheating more than other people? That's frankly news to me.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2017, 06:40:38 PM »
It's okay. You're buruburu eastlando girl. How would you know? That is understandable. I have heard or seen many anecdotal evidence that shows Gusii are the real fraudsters or cheat in Kenya. I use to think kikuyus were on top but I have seen discovered Kikuyu proclivity is more to thuggery(black american type) than book-smart cheating Nigeria style. The ultimate con-men are the Igbos of Nigeria - Gusii are probably the best in kenya.
I heard a manager in tea estate saying he was glad those kisii workers had been kicked out (2007) coz they were just fraudsters and cheats who were bankrupting the company. he told me 9 out of 10 cases in kericho court - civil cases - were Mkisii versus Tea estate -for fraudalent worker compensation or insurance.  These are illiterate workers working with Gusii ambulance chasing lawyers.
You talk to bank managers - the same story - of faked papers - faked employment - faked everything.
You talk to insurance companies - and you hear the same stories of faked claims
You talk to KNEC - and they tell you Gusii led in exam cheating - both KCPE & KCSE. Small kids?
I personally witnesses the first time US Embassy rounded up Gusii on the line and had them DNA tested - I was working for UN Gigiri then. There was huge commotion on the gate as folks tried to flee - just as I was driving to UN compound.
The company I use to work for - had to transfer entire finance dept to rwanda - after kenyan conned them severally with final kick from Gusii finance dude who took off with millions - their conclusion was kenyans were incredibly corrupt even at micro-level.
Pundit, I'm actually not lying. I have seen NO evidence that Kisiis are prone to theft or fraud more than your average Kenyan. None. I have no idea about the exams or petitions but you cant seriously think that it means Kisiis steal elections more than others? There are many vices Im glad to talk about that ring true to me and I have before: superstition and the propensity to blame all ordinary bad luck on enemies. If you said that I would know what toure talking about. Even the tendency, and this is not just Kisiis, to look down on women and be generally unfair to them in terms of division of labour etc. But a propensity for stealing and cheating more than other people? That's frankly news to me.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2017, 06:47:03 PM »
Pundito I like your Kale explanation.

As I said, my guy fingered population density. There could be more.

Are thieves lynched in Kisii,or is stealing generally tolerated?
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2017, 06:50:59 PM »
My late grandmother when I visited her - always use to say - how is the raid (Nairobi/my job)- for her I'd gone to raid!  He would say it was okay I didn't visit often coz I was still raiding.
Gusii take witchcraft seriously. The community is under a spell. I have been told the fear of witches mean from 9pm till 3pm - there is not a soul to be found outside except night runners.
So Kipsigis raiders just wait for night to fall - and then they go and drive cattle home - aware they will only be confronted by night runners.
Pundito I like your Kale explanation.

As I said, my guy fingered population density. There could be more.

Are thieves lynched in Kisii,or is stealing generally tolerated?

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2017, 06:53:31 PM »
Do not wake nyamatoro ghosts

Offline Kadame7

• Enigma
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2017, 07:10:38 PM »
Do not wake nyamatoro ghosts
Youre just a bigot. I hope you dont complain the next time I see a thread about why some people are supposedly always getting caught having sex with cattle and suggesting that it is somehow within your culture to do so.