Author Topic: Afya theft of billions - Mailu & Murugaru need to quit with EACC moving in  (Read 10278 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Yet another sad reading of massive systemic corruption in gov.

http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/Revealed--Taxpayers-lose-Sh5bn-in-NYS-style-Afya-House-theft/539546-3430494-item-0-y8k9x4/index.html

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma

http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/Revealed--Taxpayers-lose-Sh5bn-in-NYS-style-Afya-House-theft/539546-3430494-item-0-y8k9x4/index.html
The ps Muraguri  and every head of department involved should be sacked immediately. How are this crooks manipulating the IFMIS. I could be wrong but muraguri and muriuki  COOP bank MD link need to be investigated. How is bank paid directly not to a company account but directly to coop bank.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
You guys are just jealous while we are eating nyama and you guys are eating mboga. :D :D :D

the PS said when asked to respond to the audit queries.

Offline Gumzo

• Superstar

The ps Muraguri  and every head of department involved should be sacked immediately. How are this crooks manipulating the IFMIS. I could be wrong but muraguri and muriuki  COOP bank MD link need to be investigated. How is bank paid directly not to a company account but directly to coop bank.

Sacked by who ?
The presidents hands are tied by the Katiba, and some of that money is already in JAP 2017 re-election kitty

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
Sacked by who ?
The presidents hands are tied by the Katiba, and some of that money is already in JAP 2017 re-election kitty

The question is the president any different? My take he and his DP are the biggest direct and indirect beneficiaries of this massive corruption.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
The auditor should be fired. How dare they report these as theft. It is the new acceptable standard of doing business. Nobody lost any money here. If they did parliament as the supervisor of govt resources could have held public hearings.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
yeah maybe Mailu is innocent; but PS and many guys in that ministry should be fired and investigation should commence asap. If there is an area Jubilee have failed - then it is corruption. Uhuru should make this his priority number one - everything else seem to be working.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
Exactly my thought.
A police officer caught stealing is frogmatched and fired immediately, while Waigurus are given a red carpet send off.
Whatever happened to the CS's who were relieved coz of corruption!!! Any case even pending??

Sacked by who ?

Offline Gumzo

• Superstar
yeah maybe Mailu is innocent; but PS and many guys in that ministry should be fired and investigation should commence asap. If there is an area Jubilee have failed - then it is corruption. Uhuru should make this his priority number one - everything else seem to be working.

Pundit,

Am struggling not to fire some matusi at you right now
Because I think you know very well that seriously fighting
corruption is not an option for Uhuru

If it was, why has he not done it despite declaring corruption
a threat to national security or declaring office of the president as
a den of corruption and yet not sucking anybody there

Have you been talking to Itumbi for a JAP social media / communication
strategist consultancy job for the 2017 election ?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Gumzo..what evidence do you have of uhuru complicity in graft.Uhuru has done more than any of the previous gok but it still very little considering the depth and breadth of the hole.Uhuru just need to laser focus on this.We should never give up in despair.we have specific corruption here..not make believe graft like eurobond.Uhuru has to of course guard against some taking advantage of this war to smear everyone and everything like euronond crowd who are yet to find evidence of graft..but shout eurobond.Here we got something with footprints and fingerprints.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
Re: Afya theft of billions - Mailu & Murugaru need to quit with EACC moving in
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2016, 07:34:32 PM »
Please try not to go personal.
When Kenyans have it good, they never emphatize with others. If they did, nobody could face hunger, lack of tuition, etc. Thats why people like JM, Seroney, Mboya died. They tried to make other's lives better by pointing out injustices. Its gross injustice when people steal money allocated to help the dying poor. Even worse is when nobody is held accountable.

Pundit,

Am struggling not to fire some matusi at you right now
Because I think you know very well that seriously fighting
corruption is not an option for Uhuru

If it was, why has he not done it despite declaring corruption
a threat to national security or declaring office of the president as
a den of corruption and yet not sucking anybody there

Have you been talking to Itumbi for a JAP social media / communication
strategist consultancy job for the 2017 election ?

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2016, 07:48:40 PM »
Gumzo..what evidence do you have of uhuru complicity in graft.Uhuru has done more than any of the previous gok but it still very little considering the depth and breadth of the hole.Uhuru just need to laser focus on this.We should never give up in despair.we have specific corruption here..not make believe graft like eurobond.Uhuru has to of course guard against some taking advantage of this war to smear everyone and everything like euronond crowd who are yet to find evidence of graft..but shout eurobond.Here we got something with footprints and fingerprints.

The problem with Eurobond is not so much evidence of corruption, as lack of evidence for anything.  If this evidence were there, it would be readily apparent to the Auditor General. 

kamwana is thoroughly on board defending this continued lack of transparency with what happened with Eurobond.  If there is nothing to hide, he would have no beef with AG probing details about it from wherever he deems fit.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2016, 08:40:00 PM »
Those are some nice, thick pieces of tender steak.  And we are told  that's just from a "small sample".    Kazi iendelee.   

The rest of you can just meza mate or eat grass; you don't know government!
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2016, 08:57:18 PM »
Windy..we have enough on our plate to go looking for graft..in something that fed reserve bank of us ,imf,world bank and all those regulatory bodies involve in international debt market have not raised any eyebrows.It would be something else if AG in tray was empty and he can go expensive wild goose chase seeking evidence from us fed bank...the guy need to be fired asap...together with afyia house mafia.We cannot fight graft if those involved are not above board and are swayed only by evidence.The idiot is damaging Kenya ability to tap in foreign debt market..something it has taken us 50yrs to qualify.He simply need to ship out before his term expire in 2019.He just. a raila carry over than need to be shown the door.His predecessor was one Dk njoroge whose integrity was unquestionable and could document all moi and kibaki audit queries era without fear or favour.We need another Dk Njoroge ..a real professional auditor.An auditor is not a ocampo who invites himself into case then investigate and prosecute.He is an auditor.He say there is no receipt to back up a transaction and his jobs end there.Then eacc kicks in.Then Dpp steps in.Then judiciary makes the call.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2016, 10:26:28 PM »
Former Safaricom chief executive Michael Joseph has said his priority at the troubled national carrier Kenya Airways will be to implement recommendations of an audit report that has exposed massive corruption at the cash-strapped airline.
http://www.nation.co.ke/business/Former-Safaricom-boss-takes-over-KQ-s-hot-chair/996-3431358-fgfnm8/index.html
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2016, 11:46:09 PM »
Windy..we have enough on our plate to go looking for graft..in something that fed reserve bank of us ,imf,world bank and all those regulatory bodies involve in international debt market have not raised any eyebrows.It would be something else if AG in tray was empty and he can go expensive wild goose chase seeking evidence from us fed bank...the guy need to be fired asap...together with afyia house mafia.We cannot fight graft if those involved are not above board and are swayed only by evidence.The idiot is damaging Kenya ability to tap in foreign debt market..something it has taken us 50yrs to qualify.He simply need to ship out before his term expire in 2019.He just. a raila carry over than need to be shown the door.His predecessor was one Dk njoroge whose integrity was unquestionable and could document all moi and kibaki audit queries era without fear or favour.We need another Dk Njoroge ..a real professional auditor.An auditor is not a ocampo who invites himself into case then investigate and prosecute.He is an auditor.He say there is no receipt to back up a transaction and his jobs end there.Then eacc kicks in.Then Dpp steps in.Then judiciary makes the call.

Rather than seeking to constrain himself to doing just enough to get a salary, I am for a robust AG sniffing and finding whatever he can in the name of maximum transparency.  As long he is not breaking any laws.  Is there any law you are aware of that he is breaking?  Me neither.  Which is all the more alarming that the man is still not able to get to the bottom of the question now going on 2 years.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2016, 03:25:17 AM »
Former Safaricom chief executive Michael Joseph has said his priority at the troubled national carrier Kenya Airways will be to implement recommendations of an audit report that has exposed massive corruption at the cash-strapped airline.
http://www.nation.co.ke/business/Former-Safaricom-boss-takes-over-KQ-s-hot-chair/996-3431358-fgfnm8/index.html

Exactly my thinking.  The AG does his thing, then whoever is interested(not just moribund EACC, DPP) will use it.  There is nothing that stops kamwana from just leap-frogging - to borrow a familiar term that seems to vanish or develop cold feet where corruption is involved - the dysfunctional institutions by perusing the AG's report and acting on it.  He could even work with the same AG as a team to further probe areas of interest. 

He can then publicize the facts, shame the individuals, DPP, EACC(if they are capable of such), fire them where he can and publicly demand action, lobby western countries to bar them from entry or otherwise just make life hard for them. 

There is no sign that he has done anything other than "wait" for what by his own admission is a dysfunctional EACC or the judiciary to do the work, even though he knows they wont - who doesn't know that?  He can easily access the same information and expose these thieves.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2016, 03:26:44 AM »
Auditors are like murder scene investigators, n those who don't think n act that way are useless.
just because uhuru said so means nothing. he said Waiguru was clean, or was she?

Rather than seeking to constrain himself to doing just enough to get a salary, I am for a robust AG sniffing and finding whatever he can in the name of maximum transparency.  As long he is not breaking any laws.  Is there any law you are aware of that he is breaking?  Me neither.  Which is all the more alarming that the man is still not able to get to the bottom of the question now going on 2 years.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2016, 08:28:58 AM »
We cannot fight corruption through Magufuli kind of antics - where PORK is all over - this may work in the short term but in the long term what will work are strong institutions. That mean a strong Auditor General offices doing it's work as defined by the constitution and the laws. I am not sure at what point the auditor general felt he needed to investigate everyone including  budget controller, central bank of kenya and US, JP Morgan US and all the institution. This is not audit. This someone who picks stuff from the media (raila) and goes on wild goose chase. That is domain of EACC - who act on whistle blowers and can go all the way. The job of the auditor starts somwhere - and it doesn't definitely start in the going to China to ascertain sgr loan or going to Newyork to check Eurobond. It starts where the budget controller ends - where money has been disbursed to a ministry or to commission.

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2016, 08:48:25 AM »
The former EACC chairman philip kinisu company was one of the company that received the money. If the eacc chairman is part of the corruption of the investigative body ,how can corruption end or be reduced. The big problem is a lot of people do business with government through their wives and family which is clear conflict of interest. I once heard Jakoyo Midiwo openly admitting on NTV that all of them do business with government and explaining it that legally there's no reason not to.