Author Topic: Afya theft of billions - Mailu & Murugaru need to quit with EACC moving in  (Read 10258 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Afya theft of billions - Mailu & Murugaru need to quit with EACC moving in
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2016, 03:59:18 PM »
The 2010 constitution was a start but it needed to be mothered by a leader who gave two crap about it. Unfortunately, it was yanked by desperate ICC indictees and their cronies who now fill our legislature...you know, that body that's supposed to do checking, oversight and what-not. And we talk of institutions? Institutions are not created magically by documents, people. They are nurtured through persistent commitment until they become ubiquitous, 'the way things are' as a matter of course. At that point, you can absolve leadership of some responsibility. I haven't given up on our country but a half of us are not surprised in the least. We knew what we got when the duo took over.  I happen to think Uhuru is a good fellow deep down, but the man cannot extract himself from corruption whatever he does. Not because he does not want but because he needs it for his own political survival. It's the thing that got him where he is. He's not about to have a Saul of Tarsus Damascus moment anytime soon.

Yep.  Institutions are not magical.  It still takes hard work for them to have any value.

Meanwhile, Muraguri has been summoned by one of the institutions.  He is to appear there and be quizzed by the same.  I am a bit confused.  About the script.  Aren't they supposed to first storm Afya House?

Health Cabinet Secretary Cleopa Mailu has been summoned to appear before the national anti-graft agency concerning the Sh3.1 billion scandal.

The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) has also summoned Health Principal Secretary Nicholas Muraguri and seven other officials at the ministry for questioning over reports of misappropriation of funds.

In a statement sent to newsrooms, EACC said Dr Muraguri would be grilled today while the CS would be quizzed tomorrow. The two are expected to shed light on reports that Sh3.1 billion was lost in a scam that has sucked in members of President Uhuru Kenyatta's family.

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/health/article/2000221830/eacc-summons-cs-mailu-ps-muraguri-over-sh3b-scam
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2016, 04:36:23 PM »
Meanwhile, Muraguri has been summoned by one of the institutions.  He is to appear there and be quizzed by the same.  I am a bit confused.  About the script.  Aren't they supposed to first storm Afya House?

Missing step: he also has to record a statement somewhere.   
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2016, 05:07:15 PM »
Well said bro.
Institutions only work when political interference is non existent. Uhuru may be nice but the Jubilee system is as corrupt as they come. They know each other, so they contact each other in the middle of the nite. When there are contracts to be awarded they then will have one person create 40 fake companies so that they can benefit. Then when it is exposed, they will defend one to the hilt. Those of us who dont have brains go around repeating what these goons are saying and voila, the investigation disappears. Same thing with counties, where it is even worse. Meanwhile, borrowing has reached 4trillion and not much to show for except private property.

Amani leader Musalia Mudavadi has warned that Kenyans are getting poorer as a result of Jubilee's bad borrowing habits.

He told the Star on Tuesday it was worrying that foreign debt has accrued to more than Sh2.5 trillion since 2013 yet there is no development to show for it.

Mudavadi also warned that rampant corruption will cripple the country's economic growth if not checked and addressed in good time.

He said the vice is to blame for the starvation millions of Kenyans are facing, and other problems including the lack of school fees.

"I have always said Kenyans deserve better in this age. The country incurs debts to be paid by the poor yet there are no improved services. So what are you doing?" he asked.

The politician said none of this will be tolerated if he elected president in the August 8, 2017 general election.

Mudavadi plans to form a national super alliance with Cord leaders Raila Odinga, Kalonzo Musyoka and Moses Wetang'ula to defeat Jubilee next year.

"We will ensure things are done properly. Kenyans deserve accountability from their government, not deception," he said.

Read: Mudavadi to chart path for super alliance during Machakos meet

Speaking separately, Suba MP John Mbadi said the situation will worsen following plans by the government to float a second Eurobond worth Sh60 billion.

"Before they came to power, the country's foreign debt stood at Sh1 trillion. For the four years they have been in power, the figure has tripled. This endangers the country's key infrastructure projects and stability," he said.

The 2010 constitution was a start but it needed to be mothered by a leader who gave two crap about it. Unfortunately, it was yanked by desperate ICC indictees and their cronies who now fill our legislature...you know, that body that's supposed to do checking, oversight and what-not. And we talk of institutions? Institutions are not created magically by documents, people. They are nurtured through persistent commitment until they become ubiquitous, 'the way things are' as a matter of course. At that point, you can absolve leadership of some responsibility. I haven't given up on our country but a half of us are not surprised in the least. We knew what we got when the duo took over.  I happen to think Uhuru is a good fellow deep down, but the man cannot extract himself from corruption whatever he does. Not because he does not want but because he needs it for his own political survival. It's the thing that got him where he is. He's not about to have a Saul of Tarsus Damascus moment anytime soon.

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2016, 05:31:51 PM »
Well said bro.
Institutions only work when political interference is non existent. Uhuru may be nice but the Jubilee system is as corrupt as they come. They know each other, so they contact each other in the middle of the nite. When there are contracts to be awarded they then will have one person create 40 fake companies so that they can benefit. Then when it is exposed, they will defend one to the hilt. Those of us who dont have brains go around repeating what these goons are saying and voila, the investigation disappears. Same thing with counties, where it is even worse. Meanwhile, borrowing has reached 4trillion and not much to show for except private property.

Correct.

Our institutions were primarily setup for the protection of the elite.

Source: 50+ years of Kenyan history.

Expecting them to then turn around and punish said thieving elite is a pipe dream.

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2016, 05:49:12 PM »
Honesty works.  :D