Author Topic: Kabogo Erases 40 Yard Mark  (Read 6459 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Kabogo Erases 40 Yard Mark
« on: July 11, 2015, 09:38:51 PM »
in gumboots too.  No need for a photo finish in this one.

"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Real P

• Mega superstar
Re: Kabogo Erases 40 Yard Mark
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 10:39:19 PM »

Yard mark .... What is that?
"Christianity is not a religion, but a personal relationship with Christ".

Offline Real P

• Mega superstar
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 10:55:44 PM »
Sorry, I get what a yard is now.

I am 27yrs old, forgive me. Anyway AOH posted a gem @ . com.

http://nipate.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=56926&start=30

I posted:

An alcoholic body develops a homeostasis with alcohol. As soon as you take it away, you're upsetting that balance. An alcoholic who abstains from the drug will enter a state of hyper-arousal and if alcohol is not available to him or her they will die.

In United States rehab facilities, they will admit an alcoholic over a cocaine, a crystal meth and an heroine addict. A professor once told us in a psychology class, that If there is a bed available, and every addict was dying, they will give the sole bed to an alcoholic. Alcoholism is a disease. Alcohol is one of the most or if not the dangerous drug in the world.

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 04:07:53 AM »

The record for 40 yards.  The Governor has an impressive reaction time.

I am still conflicted about whether to laugh or cry.  The pink shirt.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Real P

• Mega superstar
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2015, 05:34:34 AM »

The record for 40 yards.  The Governor has an impressive reaction time.

I am still conflicted about whether to laugh or cry.  The pink shirt.

Gotcha you Termie! The man escaped death only by the skin of his teeth.  They say 90% 0f women don't like men in pink T-shirts . . . IRONICALLY.. 90% 0f Men In pink T-shirts don't like men who can outdrink their commander in chief. :D

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2015, 07:36:31 AM »
One of the strangest notions in this business is the idea that destroying these supplies and making it difficult to get alcohol will solve the drinking problem.   Kenyans have very short memories indeed.   All that will happen is that we will now go back to the days of people dying because they drink anything and everything that has some alcohol---industrial cleaners, jet fuel, etc.   

That said, the problem is staggering in Central.   Figures from NACADA shows that 60% of the drinking takes place before noon---so people are pretty much out of it for the entire day---and it's mostly of hardy, young men who should be ploughing their fields in the morning and ploughing their women in the evening.    (The latter have vigorously registered their unhappiness.)

BTW, does anyone what NACADA actually does, beyond the gathering of interesting statistics?
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2015, 11:41:17 AM »
One of the strangest notions in this business is the idea that destroying these supplies and making it difficult to get alcohol will solve the drinking problem.   Kenyans have very short memories indeed.   All that will happen is that we will now go back to the days of people dying because they drink anything and everything that has some alcohol---industrial cleaners, jet fuel, etc.   

That said, the problem is staggering in Central.   Figures from NACADA shows that 60% of the drinking takes place before noon---so people are pretty much out of it for the entire day---and it's mostly of hardy, young men who should be ploughing their fields in the morning and ploughing their women in the evening.    (The latter have vigorously registered their unhappiness.)

BTW, does anyone what NACADA actually does, beyond the gathering of interesting statistics?
Agreed.  The alcohol abuse is a symptom of another problem.  The victims will just find another source.  Most likely riskier.

I won't pretend to know why it is as bad as it is in Central.  But I suspect it could be related to the landlessness whose solution Jomo Kenyatta promptly short circuited after independence.  The vicinity to Nairobi and pockets of wealth also creates despair. 

I suspect these are the things NACADA should be explaining besides raiding drinking joints and denying the victims their temporary break from reality.  Cheap alcohol could be the only thing keeping some of these people from crime.

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2015, 12:16:27 PM »
I suspect these are the things NACADA should be explaining besides raiding drinking joints and denying the victims their temporary break from reality.

Some of their paperwork mentions rehabilitation and other sensible things, but there appears to be no attempt to move from paper to action.

Cheap alcohol could be the only thing keeping some of these people from crime.

An interesting observation.   I'll look at the relevant data when I get the time, but off the top of my head, I don't recall the problem being as bad when Mungiki "employed" many of youthful now-drunkards.  The situation is actually likely to be worse now, given that crimes will be committed to get booze, not just for money.
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2015, 02:29:28 PM »
Kabogo is a real coward. The guy zoomed past everyone.Yet he was on some heavy boots.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2015, 10:39:37 PM »
MoonKi

It is simple Primary School Economics Equation: Supply and Demand. They are creating or enhancing the one part of the equation that is most lethal.

Expect mass deaths as the price of the stuff goes through the roof and addicts seek any alternative.

Whenever I help people to kick the habit - something I have done for a long time - I only know I will succeed if the subject "behaves" him or herself around alcohol. It is essential that they dont fear alcohol. The worst part of it is to condition their sobriety to the unavailability of alcohol. That automatically sends them right back when the alcohol is available - be it because money became available or the alcohol arrived.

People ask what it means to be a teetotaler. It is simple. Alcohol ceases to be important in life. It does not need to be your enemy. Thus I sit with people who drink and I buy it for them (just ask my Chief and other village VIPs). The people who hate alcohol eventually start drinking it as they have unresolved issues. Some are already unapologetic secret alcoholics.

Uhuru's approach is that of a man angry with alcohol (where is Kadame and vooke to help me here). He has enlisted people who do not share the same anger. It is like sending a friend of your enemy to fight him.

The campaign is doomed to fail because there is no way they can get rid of alcohol in Kenya. Already, they have made a distinction between lawful and illegal alcohol. Yet the methods employed give the impression that they have instituted total alcohol prohibition (itself not a bad idea if you wish to create instant Billionaire mafia)

... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2015, 12:28:28 PM »
Funny thing, this guy who would not blink twice when eliminating other people fears his own demise.

Kabogo is a real coward. The guy zoomed past everyone.Yet he was on some heavy boots.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2015, 12:29:46 PM »
These caused an enviromental disaster. Why burn plactic crates? This is toxic for the enviroment.

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2015, 04:02:22 PM »
These caused an enviromental disaster. Why burn plactic crates? This is toxic for the enviroment.
I seriously doubt if that is a concern in Kiambu.  The way this whole thing is handled, even how they ready to light up everything, reeks of disorganization. 

Pastor vooke would say the Negro has discovered fire.  But has no clue how to light it from a distance.  Maybe even a rope with kerosene.  Even Moi used to stand next to the ivory sample before burning it.

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2015, 05:46:43 PM »

Harriet Tubman

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2015, 06:02:46 PM »
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2015, 08:35:39 PM »
The fight against drugs for me is waste of time. It not like Saudi Arabia is heaven on earth. Let people do whatever they want. As long as the consequence will not affect anyone else except themselves. Fight drunken driving..but let people get drunk.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2015, 02:31:13 PM »
The fight against drugs for me is waste of time. It not like Saudi Arabia is heaven on earth. Let people do whatever they want. As long as the consequence will not affect anyone else except themselves. Fight drunken driving..but let people get drunk.
Indeed..
This is a lost cause. As long as idleness is the order of the day, people will drink..
USA tried it in 1920s and failed miserably.