Author Topic: Kalenjins do not watch soccer. watu boring sana hawa  (Read 1993 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Kalenjins do not watch soccer. watu boring sana hawa
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2022, 07:02:24 PM »
Rvhh if you were like us...after zonal..we met tea estate teams..Luos, luhyas and Gusii team..you would have known kalenjin can't play soccer..the other tribes also can't run or play volleyball.. netball the luo or Gusii were deadly.There was tribal element to it.2nd term sports they didn't have to turn up as kalenjin scoped everything ..1st term..they use to pick one kalenjin player...out entire division in football.They were semi professional as tea estate have very serious teams.Althetics kalenjin at district level was likely to go international

I know what you mean.  Having been in RV in high school, I know when teams from Western like Musingu, Kakamega etc showed up for soccer, hockey, even basketball they almost seemed like bullies.  But that's because they focus heavily on those sports while in the Rift there is less emphasis on them which becomes a self fulfilling cycle.
yes high school..but this primary..kids living in tea estates had best sport facilities by mzungu...they had shoes, gear everything..we had nothing .They had spikes..they intimidated us by running for hours with sport gear... eventually always we caused riots when scored got 9 nill...they always picked one guy from one talented family..kikwai...he was only kalenjin footbaler whom they feared..all kikwais were bad news...they would agree to pick one kikwai every year

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2022, 07:07:34 PM »
True RV is swift n at 50yrs when I met is althetic like f..he run for Texas university and did couple of races..in 1980s with respectable times...met his Finnish althetic wife married..guy moves so fast like my father.My father was was swift short racer n high jump

now it explains how true rv ended in Texas. was he dyslexic. his English grammar was elementary. worse than mine. mine is because I type on the go and never edit
He is a structural engineer...speak Finnish very well.. nobody speak English in Finland..from 1980s after meeting his wife in althetic..he never spoke English..he writes I guess in Finnish . Very althetic

Offline RV Heavy Hitter!

• Enigma
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2022, 07:11:39 PM »
Rvhh if you were like us...after zonal..we met tea estate teams..Luos, luhyas and Gusii team..you would have known kalenjin can't play soccer..the other tribes also can't run or play volleyball.. netball the luo or Gusii were deadly.There was tribal element to it.2nd term sports they didn't have to turn up as kalenjin scoped everything ..1st term..they use to pick one kalenjin player...out entire division in football.They were semi professional as tea estate have very serious teams and disalow child labor so they play soccer whole day.Althetics kalenjin at district level was likely to go international
It is simply an observation not backed by any data or research. The guys that did Kipchoge's heart and lungs analysis concluded that he could manage oxygen efficiently, which is why he could run 42 miles, unlike most people. Someone in California or anywhere else with the same lean heart and lungs that can manage oxygen intake effectively and efficiently can run if subjected to Kipchoge's rigorous training. I might add that surface tension may be why skinny-looking folks have added advantage, which is why most Kalenjins and Ethiopians lead. Why are Maa, Turkanas, Khoisan, Somalis, and other lean-looking folks not dominating the sport? Extensive research needs to be done on why Kipsigis, Nandis, Sabaot, and Keiyos dominate the spot. We need an excellent data-driven answer.
The future belongs to those who have a quarter of the character and integrity of RV Heavy Hitter!

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2022, 07:17:12 PM »
RVHH, it obvious, I have seen kids from talented families do crazy stuff in sport.There is that element.Most progenies nevr make it of course.I personal knew early I was gifted in mathematics.I knew neighbors kids whom even adult would exclaim..put 10 kids together..let them run..some of these kids would be pitied to best althetic kid in school..I was in class 2 pitied against the best std 8 in mathematical table.i beat them.Exceptional people are born.Big difference is whether someone achieve their true potential..My neighbor a cousin to legendary William Sigei..that kid use to run..he has two brothers in US...but now he is drunkard..class primary 5 beating even professional athletes..his legs moved like kipchoge..a thing of beauty's..now he is a drunkard

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2022, 07:18:02 PM »
Rvhh if you were like us...after zonal..we met tea estate teams..Luos, luhyas and Gusii team..you would have known kalenjin can't play soccer..the other tribes also can't run or play volleyball.. netball the luo or Gusii were deadly.There was tribal element to it.2nd term sports they didn't have to turn up as kalenjin scoped everything ..1st term..they use to pick one kalenjin player...out entire division in football.They were semi professional as tea estate have very serious teams and disalow child labor so they play soccer whole day.Althetics kalenjin at district level was likely to go international
It is simply an observation not backed by any data or research. The guys that did Kipchoge's heart and lungs analysis concluded that he could manage oxygen efficiently, which is why he could run 42 miles, unlike most people. Someone in California or anywhere else with the same lean heart and lungs that can manage oxygen intake effectively and efficiently can run if subjected to Kipchoge's rigorous training. I might add that surface tension may be why skinny-looking folks have added advantage, which is why most Kalenjins and Ethiopians lead. Why are Maa, Turkanas, Khoisan, Somalis, and other lean-looking folks not dominating the sport? Extensive research needs to be done on why Kipsigis, Nandis, Sabaot, and Keiyos dominate the spot. We need an excellent data-driven answer.

They have better running economy(what you are calling managing oxygen efficiently).  This is because of their typical physiques.  Yes, you can find someone elsewhere who can break those records, but it's more efficient to look in that part of Kenya/Uganda/Ethiopia.  Their genetics predispose them to better running economy.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2022, 07:26:16 PM »
child progenies who have made include the keiyo woman who won 5k and 10k  Vivian cheruiyot..tugen Kipyego.These special kids even at 10yrs can race adults.Vivian started breaking records as tiny girl.She was already in national radar in lower primary

Offline RV Heavy Hitter!

• Enigma
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2022, 04:17:54 PM »

They have better running economy(what you are calling managing oxygen efficiently).  This is because of their typical physiques.  Yes, you can find someone elsewhere who can break those records, but it's more efficient to look in that part of Kenya/Uganda/Ethiopia.  Their genetics predispose them to better running economy.
Any research done, or the guessing will all do?
The future belongs to those who have a quarter of the character and integrity of RV Heavy Hitter!