Author Topic: Kalenjins do not watch soccer. watu boring sana hawa  (Read 1987 times)

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
Kalenjins do not watch soccer. watu boring sana hawa
« on: September 21, 2022, 04:01:09 PM »
Anyway there is a friendly match between Ghana and Cameroun coming up
https://www.espn.com/soccer/match/_/gameId/652192

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Kalenjins do not watch soccer. watu boring sana hawa
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2022, 04:28:14 PM »
We have Berlin marathon this weekend with kipchoge doing his fifth run I think.... kalenjin is a gazelle..can't hack soccer .They don't have mzungu or baluhya or west African body built of stamina...but kalenjin move swiftly without effort

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2022, 04:57:41 PM »
yeah the built and bred for survival in rv. you are like kambas. zero fat content. laking kipsigisi wa Kericho and Bomet wamekuwa watu obese sana. what is happening
 you are starting to look like Maragolis

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2022, 05:01:36 PM »
We have Berlin marathon this weekend with kipchoge doing his fifth run I think.... kalenjin is a gazelle..can't hack soccer .They don't have mzungu or baluhya or west African body built of stamina...but kalenjin move swiftly without effort

In High school the best striker was Kalenjin.  Keiyo with small dry calves and shin, useless everywhere else but deadly in front of goal.  Try sweeping him at your own risk.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2022, 05:23:55 PM »
Yes Henry like strikers as kalenjin are swift but middle n defense ndio shida tupu.. luhyas n mzungu body built is alien to kalenjin...fat n muscle in lower limbs is very rare in kalenjin .Fat accumulate waist up...like Ruto now

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2022, 05:31:33 PM »
I schooled with William Chirchir. In 800 and 1500 before his brother took the record.he was world junior record holder..lethal striker.. exceptional in volleyball, long jump and the other jump with stick...most kalenjin can make good strikers as you're unlikely to tackle them.. defense n middle field is where kalenjin is hopeless like south sudanese.Luos have luhya build ..not Nilotic build..proper nilotes are like kalenjin or Maasai or Turkana ...very close to Somali..tall lanky

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2022, 05:38:46 PM »
This kalenjin song talk of luhya heavy limbs

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2022, 05:49:24 PM »
My guy very fast...his brother was even better..both got their admissions to st Patrick's iten in std 7..William Sigei was also neighbor staying in his uncle..I remember when he beat Ngugi in radio..we then had many talents..

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2022, 06:01:11 PM »
Whatever happened...during our time almost every one in every village run fast.Now we only have the 3000m women steeplechase Beatrice..then it was every two neighbors.Kalenjin running depth is amazing..if you go find out how many insanely talented kids got into alcohol or early marriage...some kids who could run the whole day without sweat or tiring...so many.Sigei was staying in my immediate neighbor..that family everyone run..you skip a family...next..it's insane.There were many prognies kids in their 5yr old who run like ..few now makes as they can't hack training commitment..proffesional althetics is hardest job in the world...running machines..you run until you don't have any toe nail...you run from 5am till mid day.. collapse into sleep..wake up..4pm you run till six.for months mto go perform in a race you beat opponent by half a kick on a good day..

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2022, 06:13:31 PM »
Beatrice..her brother was primary friend..I went to their home..she must have young..now a river seperates us .Her father drove KBS bus in Nairobi until recently .Her brother eli was elephant..he couldn't run ..but they are tall lanky

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2022, 06:14:34 PM »
Yes Henry like strikers as kalenjin are swift but middle n defense ndio shida tupu.. luhyas n mzungu body built is alien to kalenjin...fat n muscle in lower limbs is very rare in kalenjin .Fat accumulate waist up...like Ruto now

The guy was swift being lighter, but also very painful to tackle since you collide with bone.  But he was also highly skilled, in front of goal - the game just slowed down for him in that area.  Another guy that was really good was a guy we called Kario(Kariuki) - he moved with the ball like it was tied to his feet.  While genes are a factor, there is definitely an element of self-selection in Kenyan sports where folks simply opt out of (or are discriminated against)disciplines that they are not typically represented.  So you end up with Luhyas/Luos representing the pool from which to pick footballers, Kalenjins for everything(yes including sprints) on the track and field, Kikuyu in boxing etc. 

Other than long distance running, I tend to think Kenya is better off when the net is cast wider in other sports.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2022, 06:15:32 PM »

:D.  They should make a song about Ugandan women rear sides.

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2022, 06:17:29 PM »

:D.  They should make a song about Ugandan women rear sides.
Round beautiful buttocks.. Uganda got it

Offline RV Heavy Hitter!

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2022, 06:21:39 PM »
I think Kalenjin can run and play soccer with exposure/opportunities just like any other group. I was a deadly 800M guy in high school (I could easily have beaten Rudisha) and played number 10 in soccer at the same time. In mid 90s somewhere in Eldoret South, girls use to scream as soon as the ball lands in my space because they knew what was about to happen. All Kalenjins are not small or skinny, there are those built skinny and others stocky just like any other group! Sports in Kenya and most countries are NOT robust enough to fish out the talents from villages to town.
The future belongs to those who have a quarter of the character and integrity of RV Heavy Hitter!

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2022, 06:35:31 PM »
Rvhh if you were like us...after zonal..we met tea estate teams..Luos, luhyas and Gusii team..you would have known kalenjin can't play soccer..the other tribes also can't run or play volleyball.. netball the luo or Gusii were deadly.There was tribal element to it.2nd term sports they didn't have to turn up as kalenjin scoped everything ..1st term..they use to pick one kalenjin player...out entire division in football.They were semi professional as tea estate have very serious teams and disalow child labor so they play soccer whole day.Althetics kalenjin at district level was likely to go international

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2022, 06:42:59 PM »
I think Kalenjin can run and play soccer with exposure/opportunities just like any other group. I was a deadly 800M guy in high school (I could easily have beaten Rudisha) and played number 10 in soccer at the same time. In mid 90s somewhere in Eldoret South, girls use to scream as soon as the ball lands in my space because they knew what was about to happen. All Kalenjins are not small or skinny, there are those built skinny and others stocky just like any other group! Sports in Kenya and most countries are NOT robust enough to fish out the talents from villages to town.

There is definitely exceptions.  Still some guys are just built certain ways more common in some communities than others.  But I think this is more restrictive in certain niches like long distance. 

In other sports, there are more variables.  That is why it shocks me that in Kenya, some sports are still dominated by one group or other.

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2022, 06:46:42 PM »
Rvhh if you were like us...after zonal..we met tea estate teams..Luos, luhyas and Gusii team..you would have known kalenjin can't play soccer..the other tribes also can't run or play volleyball.. netball the luo or Gusii were deadly.There was tribal element to it.2nd term sports they didn't have to turn up as kalenjin scoped everything ..1st term..they use to pick one kalenjin player...out entire division in football.They were semi professional as tea estate have very serious teams.Althetics kalenjin at district level was likely to go international

I know what you mean.  Having been in RV in high school, I know when teams from Western like Musingu, Kakamega etc showed up for soccer, hockey, even basketball they almost seemed like bullies.  But that's because they focus heavily on those sports while in the Rift there is less emphasis on them which becomes a self fulfilling cycle.

Harriet Tubman

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2022, 06:48:13 PM »
during my days of running 5k in corporate I used to meet a lot of young kalenjins who trained in VALLEY FORGE PA area. Dereba coach and another 800 m champ from Algeria lived there and would bring in kids from Kenya to train them to run marathons in Virginia and New York..the problem with these kids was communication. they couldn't talk in English well makigm them very media shy. I had to push one to the media booth after he won the race and he didn't want to do an interview. I was like kid media is how you get free attention for sponsors. my friend then was running for Texas schools he was 1 mile record holder. he was hired by Japan company to be a rabbit for company team. he didn't stay in Japan long because of culture and isolation he came back Nad went back to kenya to open a physiotherapy business. his mentor was the famous kikuyu coach that I thin was a Ku coach and was a renowned talent scout in kenya

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2022, 06:58:29 PM »
True RV is swift n at 50yrs when I met is althetic like f..he run for Texas university and did couple of races in Europe..in 1980s with respectable times...met his Finnish althetic wife married..guy moves so fast like my father.My father was was swift short racer n high jump

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2022, 07:00:32 PM »
True RV is swift n at 50yrs when I met is althetic like f..he run for Texas university and did couple of races..in 1980s with respectable times...met his Finnish althetic wife married..guy moves so fast like my father.My father was was swift short racer n high jump

now it explains how true rv ended in Texas. was he dyslexic. his English grammar was elementary. worse than mine. mine is because I type on the go and never edit