Author Topic: Pundit are these you people stealing from  (Read 5120 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Pundit are these you people stealing from
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2020, 04:55:56 PM »
BBI :) to BBF :) continue with building of bridges of friendship. Kenya need this.
Agree with Njuri Njeke...Gema testicular fortitude and ability to survive Moi 24yrs bloody reign...take power, seek no revenge and turn kenya into economic power house within few years is just unbelievable. If centro combines their brain power with Nyanza and western Kenya would take off again.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2020, 05:54:13 PM »
BBI :) to BBF :) continue with building of bridges of friendship. Kenya need this.
Agree with Njuri Njeke...Gema testicular fortitude and ability to survive Moi 24yrs bloody reign...take power, seek no revenge and turn kenya into economic power house within few years is just unbelievable. If centro combines their brain power with Nyanza and western Kenya would take off again.
Gema will survive. Kikuyus are hardy like Jews. They are the sewer rats of capitalism. Risk is not something we fear. We are just wired to do that. A kikuyu millionaire  farmer will dump 10 million in property deep in pipeline or mat.hare. i just got in touch with a kid that my dad used to employ do causal work at the farm. The kids were dirt poor. They had been abandoned by their dad due to his mental illness. My dad just hired them to help them out. Anyway this kid 20 years later is now a big trader in kitale; he has 3 trucks. I was impressed. No Kopital in any case this kid was condemned  to working a laborer the rest of his life but he beat the ducking odds

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2020, 06:10:04 PM »
Agreed. But the GEMA elite are in a fix. They are no hardened like typical kikuyus. They are scared shitless as power slips away. Ruto should be very worried because they can even assisinate him. Gov is big business.
Gema will survive. Kikuyus are hardy like Jews. They are the sewer rats of capitalism. Risk is not something we fear. We are just wired to do that. A kikuyu millionaire  farmer will dump 10 million in property deep in pipeline or mat.hare. i just got in touch with a kid that my dad used to employ do causal work at the farm. The kids were dirt poor. They had been abandoned by their dad due to his mental illness. My dad just hired them to help them out. Anyway this kid 20 years later is now a big trader in kitale; he has 3 trucks. I was impressed. No Kopital in any case this kid was condemned  to working a laborer the rest of his life but he beat the ducking odds

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2020, 06:24:33 PM »
Agreed. But the GEMA elite are in a fix. They are no hardened like typical kikuyus. They are scared shitless as power slips away. Ruto should be very worried because they can even assisinate him. Gov is big business.
They may lose to ruto because at the end of the day kikuyu poor may just roll the dice and let whatever happens happen. The kikuyu middle class too cares less. Govt is something that doesn't work and the less of it the better. That thexreason only thugs ended up in kiambu County leadeship. Most upright  kikuyus would care less for political power and cronyism that comes with it. As matter of fact uhuru admin has no gema oligarchs. They are gettimg the benefit without political cost

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2020, 09:15:20 PM »

I disagree. GEMA economic prowess is overplayed, I have not seen anything to impress me, I'm sorry. There are a few Kikuyu tycoons who used corrupt means to acquire their wealth during Jomo's time but the rest of them are wallowing in grinding poverty or engaged in fruitless biashara. Heck they are not even good at farming and farming is thought to be in their DNA. Likewise the brain power attributed to Nyanzites is misplaced, they are not very sharp.
Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2020, 09:49:03 PM »

I disagree. GEMA economic prowess is overplayed, I have not seen anything to impress me, I'm sorry. There are a few Kikuyu tycoons who used corrupt means to acquire their wealth during Jomo's time but the rest of them are wallowing in grinding poverty or engaged in fruitless biashara. Heck they are not even good at farming and farming is thought to be in their DNA. Likewise the brain power attributed to Nyanzites is misplaced, they are not very sharp.

Do not focus on the political elites. You just need to be in touch with the regular karanja who lives deep in rural kiambu possibly in a tea growing zone. You will then get to know how the juggernaut  that is the kikuyu works. It is something you have to know  if you live or you are familiar  with kikuyus on personal level. Especially with old generation you never on the face of it kbow they have money. As matter of fact you would pity the person. My distant cousin dad was such a kind guy had about 45 million in his Barclays bank account that he rarely transacted. So one year the bank manager was sent to come to his house and find him to sign some required legal documents. He ends up at my cousin's  home his dad was cutting the hedge dressed like a pauper. So the manager from bank asks the guy where his employer was only for the man to identify himself as the employer. The bank guy had assumed the emaciated looking peasant was a employee of his client. There are lot of this kind that only go to nairobi 4 times a year but a rich like nonsense

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2020, 10:11:10 PM »
Lol. During COVID-19 lockdown up there in Limuru - there was Nairobi metro barrier - I stopped to withdraw m-pesa - and I found these two old kikuyu men - they were looking for a lift to Narok. Some young kikuyu lad was making fun of them. He told me that old man is rich landlord in limuru town - while other older guy is his property caretaker - he says despite having all the money - they will never pay for anything including bus fare. They were going to Narok to check the properties - and all they kept doing there was asking for a lift. I stayed there for few minutes as I negotiated with cops to go bury my old man - and those old men just kept asking for lift - from lorries, pickups, private cars - and because it was COVID-19 I doubt they suceeded. The young lad said if they don't get a free lift - they will postpone their trip :). The rich older one eventually sat down in a shade and left the old caretaker to work the lift ;) - asking anyone going to Narok for a lift.

Anyway there are such kind of old men everywhere including in our village.  I wonder why they choose that kind of misery?

Do not focus on the political elites. You just need to be in touch with the regular karanja who lives deep in rural kiambu possibly in a tea growing zone. You will then get to know how the juggernaut  that is the kikuyu works. It is something you have to know  if you live or you are familiar  with kikuyus on personal level. Especially with old generation you never on the face of it kbow they have money. As matter of fact you would pity the person. My distant cousin dad was such a kind guy had about 45 million in his Barclays bank account that he rarely transacted. So one year the bank manager was sent to come to his house and find him to sign some required legal documents. He ends up at my cousin's  home his dad was cutting the hedge dressed like a pauper. So the manager from bank asks the guy where his employer was only for the man to identify himself as the employer. The bank guy had assumed the emaciated looking peasant was a employee of his client. There are lot of this kind that only go to nairobi 4 times a year but a rich like nonsense

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2020, 11:13:36 PM »
Lol. During COVID-19 lockdown up there in Limuru - there was Nairobi metro barrier - I stopped to withdraw m-pesa - and I found these two old kikuyu men - they were looking for a lift to Narok. Some young kikuyu lad was making fun of them. He told me that old man is rich landlord in limuru town - while other older guy is his property caretaker - he says despite having all the money - they will never pay for anything including bus fare. They were going to Narok to check the properties - and all they kept doing there was asking for a lift. I stayed there for few minutes as I negotiated with cops to go bury my old man - and those old men just kept asking for lift - from lorries, pickups, private cars - and because it was COVID-19 I doubt they suceeded. The young lad said if they don't get a free lift - they will postpone their trip :). The rich older one eventually sat down in a shade and left the old caretaker to work the lift ;) - asking anyone going to Narok for a lift.

Anyway there are such kind of old men everywhere including in our village.  I wonder why they choose that kind of misery?

I think misers are born that way some are made so by physochology trauma. Most the tumzees saw a lot of suffering during colonial time and that ptsd make them hoard money.. my grandmother was a hoarder of money. She left a box full of money.. she would sell poultry  get money from her kids and just stuff it in the box..kikuyus have misers in droves. There is another group of moderate miser pretenders they have kinds in top notch schools but driver old best up jalopies

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2020, 11:43:13 PM »
That is funny about those that man. Reminds me of stuff my dad used to do just to get away from,paying. The guy that used to be the richest man in githunguri was called chuchu  he owned beer distribution and cigarette distribution license. He was in transport and would work to assembly plants in Thika and order 3 trucks while wearing  a khaki shorts and torn shirt. In 1992 he was involved in coffee market he bought all coffee that was being stolen or sold in black market. His coffee payment was 47 million one auction day...actually parliament debated how he got that much coffee. In all lower girhunfuri each shopping center lodging and dukas were his properties..he used to sleep for 3 hours he would spend the night going from each lodging auditimg the guests there

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2020, 08:27:32 AM »

I traveled all over central, it is not prosperous by any measure, in fact it is slowly dying, very depressing place, people are drinking themselves to death, high unemployment, lots of social issues like high sexual crime rate. It is lush and green, only thing going for it but very insecure place, by 7 pm everyone is home in kikuyuland, majambazi are everywhere and locals are so afraid they don't dare mention their names. How can business flourish in such an environment? There is fear in the air. I'm sure there a few characters like Karanja who amassed some wealth from rent properties in other kabilas regions like Narok or Nairobi but they are few and far in between. Where is this misplaced pride and braggadocio coming from?. are we living in alternate universes?
Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2020, 08:45:32 AM »
Award
Crime and alcohol is part of kikuyu peasants. Kiambu means a place of screams. Most people from kiambu were outlaws from muranga and ahoi peasant poor..as a kid I literally  slept in a bunker. We wouldxbe attacked now and then.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2020, 09:02:23 AM »
Kikuyu are noted business men. Merus are now all over selling mirraa. It's good start.
Ok I agree, generally standard of living for agricultural communities is almost the same in RV and central. But what about the business community between the 2?
Its simplistic and layman thinking that Meru are only in Miraa. Merus have almost equivalent business acumen as kikuyu but because other kabilas choose to just refer to them as kikuyus their origin is lost. Merus are dominant in the agribusiness industry many firms are Meru owned or led, again merus have ventured into manufacturing rhino and royal mabati limited to say a few, in real estate Merus dominate like Mworia of centum among others, we had the deceased Muriungi of mastermind etc, Merus are a very industrious bunch and with a population of just 2M we have done very much compared to other kabila cia ruguru like nkalenjini, mbaluhya, njaruo gikamba na kadhalika.
That said tell me more about this
https://www.google.com/search?q=praise+mall+meru&client=ms-rev1&prmd=imvn&sxsrf=ALeKk02iL7U5bl6UxTF20NBTtH7RNIMdVQ:1595484295916&source=lnms&tbm=nws&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiZmc-V2uLqAhXK6eAKHWzkBfQQ_AUoBHoECAwQBA&biw=360&bih=598&dpr=2

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2020, 09:17:38 AM »
Award
Crime and alcohol is part of kikuyu peasants. Kiambu means a place of screams. Most people from kiambu were outlaws from muranga and ahoi peasant poor..as a kid I literally  slept in a bunker. We wouldxbe attacked now and then.

Interesting, speak on it. Who was those attacking? Mungikis?!

I have never felt unsafe and insecure anywhere in Kenya even in Turkana and NEP as I was when in Centro. It is crazy, terror permeates the air. Bodies the first two nights I spent there. First one was found inside a water tank. Second was hacked badly. There is a code of silence, people speak in hushed tones, no one dares raise their head.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2020, 10:59:17 AM »
I never understand Kikuyus when they praise themselves for being the better kabila, yet they do not even feel safe in their own homes. Most Kikuyus I lived with in Nairobi, now in pension have stuck in town. The women hardly go to shags and the men only make daytime trips to their farms or homes in the rural area. Nobody dares spend the night in Muranga or Nyeri. If they do, then in the town.
Why do Kikuyus even have problems admitting that they have a big security issue?
I remember at one occasion my brother inlaw had a breakdown in the evening with his Toyota Prado in Western. We had a big problem getting even a watchman to take care of the car at night. There were none in sight. Cause they are not needed we were told. So the car ended up being abandoned on the roadside. Early the next morning, the car was intact. Imagine had this happened in kikuyuland.

I have never felt unsafe and insecure anywhere in Kenya even in Turkana and NEP as I was when in Centro. It is crazy, terror permeates the air. Bodies the first two nights I spent there. First one was found inside a water tank. Second was hacked badly. There is a code of silence, people speak in hushed tones, no one dares raise their head.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2020, 05:05:24 PM »
I never understand Kikuyus when they praise themselves for being the better kabila, yet they do not even feel safe in their own homes. Most Kikuyus I lived with in Nairobi, now in pension have stuck in town. The women hardly go to shags and the men only make daytime trips to their farms or homes in the rural area. Nobody dares spend the night in Muranga or Nyeri. If they do, then in the town.
Why do Kikuyus even have problems admitting that they have a big security issue?
I remember at one occasion my brother inlaw had a breakdown in the evening with his Toyota Prado in Western. We had a big problem getting even a watchman to take care of the car at night. There were none in sight. Cause they are not needed we were told. So the car ended up being abandoned on the roadside. Early the next morning, the car was intact. Imagine had this happened in kikuyuland.

The insecurity took hold during moi time. I think it was more due to lack of proper policing things,just spiraled out of control. Population explosion and lack of land by masses is a big problem. In limuru all the peasants are crammed in villages while the land is was taken by tea farms owned by colonial tea companies

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2020, 05:19:29 PM »
You're really scrapping the bottom of the barrel - Mworia and etc. I think we are talking micro-business. And Meru dont register except as Miraa traders. In kenya I think it's Indians, Somalis, Kikuyus and Gusii in that order - would make the merchant class. You have it good in miraa and farming. Keep it up.

Its simplistic and layman thinking that Meru are only in Miraa. Merus have almost equivalent business acumen as kikuyu but because other kabilas choose to just refer to them as kikuyus their origin is lost. Merus are dominant in the agribusiness industry many firms are Meru owned or led, again merus have ventured into manufacturing rhino and royal mabati limited to say a few, in real estate Merus dominate like Mworia of centum among others, we had the deceased Muriungi of mastermind etc, Merus are a very industrious bunch and with a population of just 2M we have done very much compared to other kabila cia ruguru like nkalenjini, mbaluhya, njaruo gikamba na kadhalika.
That said tell me more about this
https://www.google.com/search?q=praise+mall+meru&client=ms-rev1&prmd=imvn&sxsrf=ALeKk02iL7U5bl6UxTF20NBTtH7RNIMdVQ:1595484295916&source=lnms&tbm=nws&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiZmc-V2uLqAhXK6eAKHWzkBfQQ_AUoBHoECAwQBA&biw=360&bih=598&dpr=2

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2020, 05:21:51 PM »
Unfortunately this has spread to major cities now.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2020, 05:23:31 PM »
More lack of community policing. You need strong nyumba kumbi. Kind of youth wingers going round the village, identifying the bad apples and punishing them severely.

Moi has been out for 20yrs - now it's time for central to address it - like they tried on drug abuse.

The chiefs, ass chiefs and rest should be empowered to work with community police - nyumba kumi - have them even paid a salary - like for every 10 families  - one community police man. They will be patrolling or investigate crimes - and nipping them in the bud.

The insecurity took hold during moi time. I think it was more due to lack of proper policing things,just spiraled out of control. Population explosion and lack of land by masses is a big problem. In limuru all the peasants are crammed in villages while the land is was taken by tea farms owned by colonial tea companies

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2020, 05:28:08 PM »
And really the problem will go nationwide until we stop our dysfunctional police force. We need stop recruit a policeman from Kiambu and send them to Moyale  - and have Moyale sent to Kiambu.

Police should be local like teachers are. They should live with the people and protect their own people.

And this can be solved by devolving police force to counties...who will handle the hiring and transfer...and will be more responsive to local policing needs.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2020, 05:37:51 PM »
Pundit, in Ololo we would say, umedinya point.

The police should be locals. That is the key to security. It would even solve the terrible housing problem facing the police. Why should a policeman with a house in Moyale be stationed in Kitui where he will be housed in hut to share with another policeman? Kenya has never changed from the colonial policy of sending policemen to strange areas as the colonolists knew the policemen would have no empathy for the locals.  We need leaders with the nation at heart and not colonolists with black skin.

And really the problem will go nationwide until we stop our dysfunctional police force. We need stop recruit a policeman from Kiambu and send them to Moyale  - and have Moyale sent to Kiambu.

Police should be local like teachers are. They should live with the people and protect their own people.

And this can be solved by devolving police force to counties...who will handle the hiring and transfer...and will be more responsive to local policing needs.