Author Topic: Does he get paid when he is in Haig.......  (Read 9131 times)

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
Does he get paid when he is in Haig.......
« on: October 08, 2014, 03:51:57 PM »
This guy is a full time agitator for the president at tax payer's expense.
What about the other mpigs, did they take off?

http://standardmedia.co.ke/article/2000137517/senator-mike-sonko-leads-a-demonstration-in-the-hague

Offline Grand Dad

Re: Does he get paid when he is in Haig.......
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 04:02:22 PM »
I often wonder doesn't the president get embarrassed to be associated with these thugs?

Doesn't keeping such ill mannered people around you openly give an indication on how one conducts their affairs?   Isnt UK himself implying he is just a thug ?

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 04:10:22 PM »
It does not look good when his fanatics do this. Judges will see this as a mockery of justice, and rule against him even though they dont have a strong case against him. Ruto looks good because he goes in quietly and leaves without this drama.
I had a friend who was charged with with rape after he touched a woman (a friend of his) and masturbated in front of her. At a court hearing members of his community laughed in court while mocking the lady's side. The guy was convicted because of this, 2yrs in jail.

Offline George Lamming

• Superstar
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 06:17:35 PM »
Grand Dad: What's your concern Sonko. There has been serious association, intimate association, with dreaded criminals like Maina Njenga, and this choir said nada. Sonko represents a constituency. He is a reflection of that constituency. Eastlands, Youth - Not Crimininal. If we followed your argument to a logical conclusion, we may label Raila a Mungiki...flawed reason, true? But Sonko, Midiwo, Kajwang are very similar actors. 

I often wonder doesn't the president get embarrassed to be associated with these thugs?

Doesn't keeping such ill mannered people around you openly give an indication on how one conducts their affairs?   Isnt UK himself implying he is just a thug ?
Malaki 3:16 "Then they that feared the LORD spoke often one to another: and the LORD listened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought on his name."

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 06:22:31 PM »

Offline Brynn

• Mega superstar
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 06:22:44 PM »
George my friend, greetings. Siku mingi. I see ICC has stirred you out of your vacay cay. Make sure you don't run out of Lucozed....I'm sitting this one out :-).

Offline George Lamming

• Superstar
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2014, 07:21:13 PM »
Brynn: ICC tumemaliza. Tuko hapapa. What I found interesting is the anticlimax for Kamwana. He should have "stuka'd" a little, but Bensudo was too respectful. She even asked him for an autograph.

George my friend, greetings. Siku mingi. I see ICC has stirred you out of your vacay cay. Make sure you don't run out of Lucozed....I'm sitting this one out :-).
Malaki 3:16 "Then they that feared the LORD spoke often one to another: and the LORD listened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought on his name."

Offline Brynn

• Mega superstar
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2014, 07:23:45 PM »
George, I'm still waiting for something like...., hi Brynn :-). I know you are not in a good mood this week so you get a pass.

Offline George Lamming

• Superstar
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2014, 07:48:13 PM »
Brynn: That is coming...just getting back mtandani.

George, I'm still waiting for something like...., hi Brynn :-). I know you are not in a good mood this week so you get a pass.

Offline mya88

• Mega superstar
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2014, 02:55:11 PM »
Grand Dad: What's your concern Sonko. There has been serious association, intimate association, with dreaded criminals like Maina Njenga, and this choir said nada. Sonko represents a constituency. He is a reflection of that constituency. Eastlands, Youth - Not Crimininal. If we followed your argument to a logical conclusion, we may label Raila a Mungiki...flawed reason, true? But Sonko, Midiwo, Kajwang are very similar actors. 

Eeiish, Sonko is a criminal, thuggery is in his DNA....he was plucked from a jail cell (or escaped from a cell) and bough to hoodwink that constituence, which is actually very sad because they could have found someone else who is able and a good representation of civil human being....but then again, birds of a feather flock together.
"We must be the change we wish to see" - Mahatma Ghandi

Offline Olekoima

• Mega superstar
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2014, 07:04:27 PM »

Really my question too. I wonder how he copes with all this stupidity around.

Offline Olekoima

• Mega superstar
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2014, 07:06:38 PM »

Oh yes, but the things he sometimes does are sort of crazy.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2014, 07:29:28 PM »
Am talking of Kenyatta a president.
If you are OK with him hanging out with a person of such character, then .....
If Raila was president and hanging out with Sonko like I will also question it. A leader has to stand out of the crowd.

Oh yes, but the things he sometimes does are sort of crazy.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2014, 02:58:40 PM »

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2014, 05:08:07 PM »
After the spanking new constitution.  Spanking new electoral system.  Spanking new EACC.  National Land Commission.  etc etc.  I am convinced there is no taming corruption in Kenya if the same faces keep showing up to manage these new things.

If you introduce this kind of system in Kenya, you only introduce a new avenue for corruption.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2014, 03:19:28 PM »
Termie,
I disagree. If Kenyatta wants a biometric system for every employee, he should be the first to use it, then challenge the mpigs and judiciary to use it. All govt. employees must sign.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2014, 03:36:40 PM »
Termie,
I disagree. If Kenyatta wants a biometric system for every employee, he should be the first to use it, then challenge the mpigs and judiciary to use it. All govt. employees must sign.
He'd have to have the discipline and ruthlessness of a Paul Kagame.  Something the Kenyan state will not grant him, even if he were so inclined.  Asubuhi pombe na bangi will never do that.

The point I am making.  Such a biometric system will be abused by whoever is put in charge of it to make a quick shilling.  That is the likeliest outcome.

There are enough, maybe more than enough, institutions in Kenya to tame corruption.  In countries like Britain or the US, the police are enough.

What's missing in Kenya is a cultural change.  You can't fight culture with gadgets.  The gadgets instead end up facilitating the culture.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2014, 05:40:21 PM »
He has all the powers, but he is more interested in ICC than bringing any meaningful change. Change starts from the top. Riding on top of SUVs is not change. That's what we call looking for populism.
BTW, parliament as Oletiptip once said is comprised of the most inactive people in the civil service. And they get paid the most.

Termie,
He'd have to have the discipline and ruthlessness of a Paul Kagame.  Something the Kenyan state will not grant him, even if he were so inclined.  Asubuhi pombe na bangi will never do that.

The point I am making.  Such a biometric system will be abused by whoever is put in charge of it to make a quick shilling.  That is the likeliest outcome.

There are enough, maybe more than enough, institutions in Kenya to tame corruption.  In countries like Britain or the US, the police are enough.

What's missing in Kenya is a cultural change.  You can't fight culture with gadgets.  The gadgets instead end up facilitating the culture.