Author Topic: After all bribery and intimidation - the best they can do is 26 mps and senators  (Read 10159 times)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
I was surprised to note only Nyoro and Wahome support Mobutu in the entire Murang’a. The rest are Kieleweke. According to the Nipate dominatrix the reverse is ttue.

Robina,
You need to concentrate with your so called " Punditry" . You certainly cannot understand Muranga politics and partly the reason Murathe convinced Peter Kenneth , it was easier to win in Nairobi as Muranga was a sealed deal .
You claim Ruto rigged in his associates . Wairia had prepared himself well in advance in anticipation of of PKs candidature in Muranga .

So Murang'a is so complex that most MPs oppose Mobutu despite the hustler wave? 8) But at least this is a better spin than claiming all leaders but Ndindi are scared of KRA. The entire Mt Kenya Mobutu now only has a handful of backers - especially Kikuyuland - his rabid tours all over show panic.

WaIria and team  through a network of MCAs and their assistants stuffed ballots boxex with premarked papers during Jubilee nominations in 2017  Secondly note that a substantial number of former Mps decided to run  for Governor and Senate Posts , this gave room to the first term MPs  who majority came in through Wa irias machinery .
Now Wairia and his team have formed a party (Civic Renewal Party CRP) and are preparing to negotiate with Raila hence the commotion to popularize it. Ive told you before forget about current elected poltiticians the probabilty of them making it back in 10 out of 100 % . The Irias , Sabina Checges , Kangata know about it hence theyve taken the route of going it with their own party ,of course they know because the ground is tilted to Rutos favour then their main competitors will be Ruto .
One thing theyve forgotten out of all Mt Kenya counties , Muranga is tops in its hate against Raila , their is hate with passion , secondly Muranga is the hotbed of Mungiki due to poverty ,it will come after them as you saw in Kenol .

Once again stop conflating MPig churn with political currency. Even Sudi or Jumwa might not make it back and this would have nothing to do with Uhuru, Mobutu or Raila. If you look at the MP ratings a nondescript Omboko Milemba was top performer and the residents didn't raise ANC or BBI as important. Local CDF, bursary, etc issues.

All said - the exodus of GEMA MPs, MCAs, etc from Mobutu is googlable. When the civil war started it was only a handful of Wambugu, Wamuchomba, Maoka and Kigano opposing Mobutu. Then defections hit the headlines - there were threads here on Nipate - now only a few diehards are left.

Moses Kuria tested the waters with Transformative party something. Those folded due to the overbearing Mobutu-Uhuru mayhem. Kuria and Wa Iria are also rather colorless outside the immediate localities. They firmly behind their masters now.

No, 70% of GEMA will not back Raila. Whatever the number will go to their own man - Uhuru stooge PK. Tangatanga could not sustain the Raila vs Mobutu rhetoric since Raila was last seen there with Uhuru at PK mother funeral. 2019. Now the evil spirit is strictly Matiang'i, Kibicho and I think Mama Ngina - even Jezebel got a break. It is going very well and Raila will not interfere.

Mobutu is divesting in Gusii, Mijikenda and Kamba. Tough luck.
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
I wish the Kieleweke would read your posts and save more lives. Why try to block unpopular Ruto from attending church. What are they hidding. You know they are hidding the ground - the mashinani coming to see Ruto in their numbers.  Like Raila using all force to prevent Ruto kicking his balls in his bedroom..... it desperation...but good thing IT CANNOT BE SCALED.

That is why 2 people had to die. Ruto popularity has to be hidden - and they are going to get more desperate. But I believe Kikuyu nation will send them parking before even 2022.

Anyone associated with Kieleweke has probably confirmed their joblessness in 1.5yrs. They will join Uhuru because they are busy supporting someone who doesn't need any support.

Anyway know we are about 1.5yrs to election - things will get hot. Ruto has to be very tactical and strategic. The scared unpopular GEMA political elite are going to get desperate...even assiniation will come on the table. They don't care about the 1M diaspora who'd be collatoral damage. They have given up of RV gema diaspora...as they try to win the home base.

Here the problem for them - it's going to be very expensive and very hard job to stop Ruto - who be gaining more and  more symapthy/support - almost for free.

Once again stop conflating MPig churn with political currency. Even Sudi or Jumwa might not make it back and this would have nothing to do with Uhuru, Mobutu or Raila. If you look at the MP ratings a nondescript Omboko Milemba was top performer and the residents didn't raise ANC or BBI as important. Local CDF, bursary, etc issues.

All said - the exodus of GEMA MPs, MCAs, etc from Mobutu is googlable. When the civil war started it was only a handful of Wambugu, Wamuchomba, Maoka and Kigano opposing Mobutu. Then defections hit the headlines - there were threads here on Nipate - now only a few diehards are left.

Moses Kuria tested the waters with Transformative party something. Those folded due to the overbearing Mobutu-Uhuru mayhem. Kuria and Wa Iria are also rather colorless outside the immediate localities. They firmly behind their masters now.

No, 70% of GEMA will not back Raila. Whatever the number will go to their own man - Uhuru stooge PK. Tangatanga could not sustain the Raila vs Mobutu rhetoric since Raila was last seen there with Uhuru at PK mother funeral. 2019. Now the evil spirit is strictly Matiang'i, Kibicho and I think Mama Ngina - even Jezebel got a break. It is going very well and Raila will not interfere.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
I was surprised to note only Nyoro and Wahome support Mobutu in the entire Murang’a. The rest are Kieleweke. According to the Nipate dominatrix the reverse is ttue.

Robina,
You need to concentrate with your so called " Punditry" . You certainly cannot understand Muranga politics and partly the reason Murathe convinced Peter Kenneth , it was easier to win in Nairobi as Muranga was a sealed deal .
You claim Ruto rigged in his associates . Wairia had prepared himself well in advance in anticipation of of PKs candidature in Muranga .

So Murang'a is so complex that most MPs oppose Mobutu despite the hustler wave? 8) But at least this is a better spin than claiming all leaders but Ndindi are scared of KRA. The entire Mt Kenya Mobutu now only has a handful of backers - especially Kikuyuland - his rabid tours all over show panic.

WaIria and team  through a network of MCAs and their assistants stuffed ballots boxex with premarked papers during Jubilee nominations in 2017  Secondly note that a substantial number of former Mps decided to run  for Governor and Senate Posts , this gave room to the first term MPs  who majority came in through Wa irias machinery .
Now Wairia and his team have formed a party (Civic Renewal Party CRP) and are preparing to negotiate with Raila hence the commotion to popularize it. Ive told you before forget about current elected poltiticians the probabilty of them making it back in 10 out of 100 % . The Irias , Sabina Checges , Kangata know about it hence theyve taken the route of going it with their own party ,of course they know because the ground is tilted to Rutos favour then their main competitors will be Ruto .
One thing theyve forgotten out of all Mt Kenya counties , Muranga is tops in its hate against Raila , their is hate with passion , secondly Muranga is the hotbed of Mungiki due to poverty ,it will come after them as you saw in Kenol .

You are contradicting yourself , on one hand you imply by being a big player politician with a following of several elected politicians imply popularity on ground on the other had you go and by having a following of elected mps does not add any political currency .
Truth of the matter for MPs it all boils down in clinching party certificate by winning nominations on the most popular party of the region  . All the rest a second and after to this fact  . Its a known fact how to win the nominations its an array of methods , like in Mombasa it was how close and how much one would pay Joho , In Kilifi it was pure thuggery , In Muranga it was Wairiasa rigging machinery , In Nairobi bribing and thuggery , previously in Luo Nyanza it was sycophancy now its pure curruption  , name it .

My point is tone down on this narrative you are trying to create that elected MPS following a national leader implies that the national leader is popular and this will translate to votes in the General elections  .  Especially taking into consideration the upcoming General elections will be a regime change elections , a new crop of leadership will emerge , forget WaIrias and Sabina chege , they hold no traction even in Muranga .

Now coming to PK , he had a good chance of being Governor of Nairobi in  2013 he wasted it through the drain by miscalculations , another good chance of being Governor of Muranga in 2017 he was deceived by his nemesis and instead promised to be rigged in Nairobi  which diminished his stature . I personally told him in his face , if  you will not be around Rutos team forget it . Its upto him , another thing to note its not that PK is very popular in Mt Kenya , first he is seen as a mzungu  , secondly even in 2013 elections d you know Raila beat PK in his constituency Gatanga  he polled 923 votes against railas 5,287 and Uhurus 61,214 . Now tell me this is a person you think can hack it in the national field . Revisit the previous Kingpins  Kibakis 92,97 and Uhurus 2002 Perfomance and you will see you are living in lala land

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Pk thinks he will just be handed over gema by fiat.It doesn't work like that.This another Matiangi flop.He is not even campaigning for it...just waiting for executive order from uhuru.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
You are contradicting yourself , on one hand you imply by being a big player politician with a following of several elected politicians imply popularity on ground on the other had you go and by having a following of elected mps does not add any political currency .
Truth of the matter for MPs it all boils down in clinching party certificate by winning nominations on the most popular party of the region  . All the rest a second and after to this fact  . Its a known fact how to win the nominations its an array of methods , like in Mombasa it was how close and how much one would pay Joho , In Kilifi it was pure thuggery , In Muranga it was Wairiasa rigging machinery , In Nairobi bribing and thuggery , previously in Luo Nyanza it was sycophancy now its pure curruption  , name it .

My point is tone down on this narrative you are trying to create that elected MPS following a national leader implies that the national leader is popular and this will translate to votes in the General elections  .  Especially taking into consideration the upcoming General elections will be a regime change elections , a new crop of leadership will emerge , forget WaIrias and Sabina chege , they hold no traction even in Muranga .

Now coming to PK , he had a good chance of being Governor of Nairobi in  2013 he wasted it through the drain by miscalculations , another good chance of being Governor of Muranga in 2017 he was deceived by his nemesis and instead promised to be rigged in Nairobi  which diminished his stature . I personally told him in his face , if  you will not be around Rutos team forget it . Its upto him , another thing to note its not that PK is very popular in Mt Kenya , first he is seen as a mzungu  , secondly even in 2013 elections d you know Raila beat PK in his constituency Gatanga  he polled 923 votes against railas 5,287 and Uhurus 61,214 . Now tell me this is a person you think can hack it in the national field . Revisit the previous Kingpins  Kibakis 92,97 and Uhurus 2002 Perfomance and you will see you are living in lala land

MPs, governors and such influencers are well-defined in the MOAS 2017 Edition - they indicate the direction of the political wind. Clinging to the kingpin coattails does not guarantee political survival and so every cycle 80% of them are rejected. Mostly because their performance on the real issues that count - CDF, bursary, etc - is dismal. So the next straw is usually the kingpin who they tag along everywhere. Usually this rarely saves them. Kagwe and Murungaru were fierce Kibaki dogs 2007 but lost to newbies - late Gachagua and Kabando. Kuttuny was Mobutu dog 2013 and lost. Midiwo and others in the long list.

MPig churn rate will be high despite all the noises and factions - they are not mutually exclusive. Their leanings indicates the currency - but Wanjiku will swiftly reject them if their real job - local issues - is poorly done. 
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
MOAS looks for many variable. The direction is important. If you are using Mps that are being bribed or intimidated from the top - then you'll flop like Raila. MOAS of 2013 had ODM at 2% in RV :) despite boasting many ministers and ass ministers.

Why is an MP or Governor or etc going X or Y direction. I can tell you for example in Gusii - I believe the pressure is coming from down - from Gusii seeing Matiangi has some chance here - and it affected both Raila and Ruto camps.

In central - the pressure is from statehouse and harambee house - it's fake signal - here I'd relie on opinion polls.

MPs, governors and such influencers are well-defined in the MOAS 2017 Edition - they indicate the direction of the political wind. Clinging to the kingpin coattails does not guarantee political survival and so every cycle 80% of them are rejected. Mostly because their performance on the real issues that count - CDF, bursary, etc - is dismal. So the next straw is usually the kingpin who they tag along everywhere. Usually this rarely saves them. Kagwe and Murungaru were fierce Kibaki dogs 2007 but lost to newbies - late Gachagua and Kabando. Kuttuny was Mobutu dog 2013 and lost. Midiwo and others in the long list.

MPig churn rate will be high despite all the noises and factions - they are not mutually exclusive. Their leanings indicates the currency - but Wanjiku will swiftly reject them if their real job - local issues - is poorly done. 

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma

Well I can see the diversionary tactic you are trying to play here - Speaking from both end of the mouths . My point is very clear , quit with this notion you are trying to drive that having an MPs following is  a form of popularity currency to cashed on . I told you what really matters is the party at that particular election year . Ruto can decide to call his party wheelbarrow party in  2022 and as was the case in 2013  and  2017 politicians who will have nabbed the nomination certificate then will have a very big advantage .

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Noway let me try again.

Currency: If a candidate is popular say Mobutu - MPs will flock to his party or faction for survival. It's called ground pressure. This is why I am unpersuaded by hustler popularity - in entire Murang'a only Ndindi and Alice are sold. Sabina and others must be crazy. Of course intimidation and money taint things but we are going by what we see.

Churn rate: Voters will vote for the popular top candidate and his party. But locally they will reject failures clinging to this kingpin. For example Kibaki was wildly popular in Nyeri 2007 - but people rejected Murungaru and Kagwe either at primaries or by electing independents. You can say the same for say Jicho Pevu - Raila got 80% but voters rejected ODM guy in Nyali.

Currency determines where MPs flock. Churn rate is enforced by locals in all regions regardless of party.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
Noway let me try again.

Currency: If a candidate is popular say Mobutu - MPs will flock to his party or faction for survival. It's called ground pressure. This is why I am unpersuaded by hustler popularity - in entire Murang'a only Ndindi and Alice are sold. Sabina and others must be crazy. Of course intimidation and money taint things but we are going by what we see.

As you indicated above , what usually happens is that the popular candidate in this case take for example Muranga , will chose few select trustworthy Mps who will coordinate his activities on the ground and who he will asign the role identifying possible and popular candidates . In Muranga Ruto has Ndindi and Wahome , Now Ndindi and Wahome as you probably have noted have already given feedback to Ruto on whats on ground and what happened during 2017 Nominations . Team WaIria used WaIrias machinery to Rig the Jubilee  nominations in 2017, first the managed to dislodge the appointed party officials in Muranga and then through MCAs and their assistants were able to Rig out  Jamleck Kamau . Hence the reason they have formed CRP and they will use that as a vehicle to vie for elections in  2022 ,  This is partly their scheme where they want to do away with National parties and encourage balkanization  as their chances of survival will be higher.

Churn rate: Voters will vote for the popular top candidate and his party. But locally they will reject failures clinging to this kingpin. For example Kibaki was wildly popular in Nyeri 2007 - but people rejected Murungaru and Kagwe either at primaries or by electing independents. You can say the same for say Jicho Pevu - Raila got 80% but voters rejected ODM guy in Nyali.

Currency determines where MPs flock. Churn rate is enforced by locals in all regions regardless of party.

In the above case you see you go  back to 2007  , before 2010  Constitution and when Kibaki mistake was accepting other parties supporting him to field candidates for MPs etc . Come back to 2013 & 2017  elections and you will realize however unpopular you were on the ground as long as you managed to bag the partys nomination certificate  that was more or less an assurance for being elected in G.E. Same for popular candidates however popular you were on ground if you didnt manage to bag in the nomination certificate then it was as good as saying by to the M.P. seat.

Bottom line is  elected MPs are not a pointer of popularity contest .Actually the more you have on your side the bigger the baggage as it will lead to costly fall outs during the nominations

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
In the above case you see you go  back to 2007  , before 2010  Constitution and when Kibaki mistake was accepting other parties supporting him to field candidates for MPs etc . Come back to 2013 & 2017  elections and you will realize however unpopular you were on the ground as long as you managed to bag the partys nomination certificate  that was more or less an assurance for being elected in G.E. Same for popular candidates however popular you were on ground if you didnt manage to bag in the nomination certificate then it was as good as saying by to the M.P. seat.

Bottom line is  elected MPs are not a pointer of popularity contest .Actually the more you have on your side the bigger the baggage as it will lead to costly fall outs during the nominations

Does it mean Mobutu is not popular in Kalenjin? He has 90% of MPs there.

Ditto for Raila in Nyanza.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma

How do you know he has 90% of MPs there where as we see only a similar number as from other parts of Kenya in  his entourage ?
Secondly in the last elections we saw a significant number of MPs who were on Rutos wrong side but still managed to get elected  simply because they were in the right party at the right time .
Thirdly even the 90% you claim are Ruto "populists "  They bring no added value  voters wise to Ruto  and 90% of them will go home come 2022 .
Same can be said of Raila .

As pointed out can you for once do your so called "Robinas Punditry " without quoting elected MPS . There you would understand  current political dynamics

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop

How do you know he has 90% of MPs there where as we see only a similar number as from other parts of Kenya in  his entourage ?
Secondly in the last elections we saw a significant number of MPs who were on Rutos wrong side but still managed to get elected  simply because they were in the right party at the right time .
Thirdly even the 90% you claim are Ruto "populists "  They bring no added value  voters wise to Ruto  and 90% of them will go home come 2022 .

As pointed out can you for once do your so called "Robinas Punditry " without quoting elected MPS . There you would understand  current political dynamics

Hahaa - we know by their pronouncements and actions. Kuttuny or Keter or Tiren or Kamket are openly BBI and anti-Mobutu. Shollei, Sudi, Kositany are openly pro-Mobutu, anti-Handshake.

Kindiki impeachment- all Kalenjin senators backed Kindiki. Plus Gema rebels Linturi, Kihika, 1 or 2 more. Kieleweke senators impeached Kindiki. Reason - Mobutu is popular in Kalenjin. Not so much in Kikuyuland - he has to camp there and praise Uhuru to maintain the fiction.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
As for NYANDARUA out of 6 MPs only 1 managed to make it back representing 16% come back rate.

CONSTITUENCY.   MP 2013.               MP 2017
KINANGOP.          STEPHEN MBURU.    ZACHARY THUKU
KIPIPIRI.             SAMUEL GICHIGI.      AMOS KIMUNYA
OL KALOU.           DAVID KIARAHO        DAVID KIARAHO
OL JOROK.         JM WAIGANJO.            MICHAEL  MUCHIRA
NDARAGWA.       FRANCIS NDERITU.     JEREMIAH  KIONI
NYANDARUA.      WANJIKU MUHIA.        FAITH GITAU

As for KIRINYAGA OUT OF 5 MPS 0 Made it back representing a come back rate of 0%
 CONSTITUENCY.    MP 2013               MP 2017
MWEA.                   PETER GITAU.        JOSPHAT WACHIRA
GICHUNGU.            NJOGU BARUA.       ROBERT. GITHINJI
NDIA.                     STEPHEN NGARE.     GEORGE KARIUKI
KIRINYAGA CENTRAL.   JOSEPH GITARI.    JOHN WAMBUGU
KIRINYAGA.                WINNIE NJUGUNA     PURITY NGIRICI

As for NYERI out of 7 MPs only one managed to make it back , a come back rate of 14%

CONSTITUENCY        MP 2013.              MP 2017
TETU.              NDUNGU GITHINJI.        JAMES GACHUHI MWANGI
KIENI.             KANINI KEGA.                KANINI KEGA
MATHIRA.         PETER WERU.                RIGATHI GACHAGUA
OTHAYA.          MARY WAMBUI.              JAMES MUGAMBI
MUKURWEINI.   KABANDO KABANDO.     ANTONY KIAI.   
NYERI TOWN.     ESTHER MURUGI.          NGUNJIRI WAMBUGU
NYERI.             PRISCILLA KANYUA.          RAHAB MUKAMI
 Next is KIRINYAGA

Now that you still clinging on elected MPS to drive your theory of popularity  , I will table as a sample Central MPs percentage of the ones who made it back
Lets start in Kiambu (see below summary) Out of  13 Mps only  4 made it back in 2017  thats around  30 % come back rate .

County - Constituency -2017 elected MP  -                                 2013 Elected MP

Kiambu-Lari -Hon. Mwangi, Jonah Mburu                                         -JOSEPH MBURU KAHANGARA
Kiambu -Gatundu North   -Hon. Kibeh, Annie Wanjiku                          -FRANCIS KIGO NJENGA
Kiambu -Limuru -Hon. Mwathi, Peter Mungai                                   -CHEGE JOHN KIRAGU
Kiambu-Githunguri Hon. Mukuha, Gabriel Kago                                   -PETER NJOROGE BAIYA
Kiambu-Kikuyu Hon. Ichung'wah, Anthony Kimani                           -ANTHONY KIMANI ICHUGW’A
Kiambu-Ruiru Hon. Kingara, Simon Nganga                                            -ESTHER NYAMBURA GATHOGO
Kiambu-Juja Hon. Waititu, Francis Munyua                                             -FRANCIS MUNYUA WAITITU
Kiambu-Kabete Hon. Wamacukuru, James Githua Kamau                   -GEORGE MUKURU MUCHAI
Kiambu-Thika Town   Hon. Jungle, Patrick Kimani Wainaina                    -ALICE WAMBUI NGANGA
Kiambu-Gatundu South    Hon. Kuria, Moses Kiarie                            -JOSEPH NGUGI NYUMU
Kiambu-Kiambu -Hon. Wamuchomba, Gathoni                                       -Anne Nyokabi Gatheca
Kiambu- Kiambu -JUDE L KANGETHE    NJOMO                                       -JUDE L KANGETHE    NJOMO
Kiambu -KIAMBAA-KOINANGE PAUL                                                     -PAUL KOINANGE

Next Muranga

As for MURANGA out of 8 MPS Only 2 managed to make it back representing 25% comeback rate

CONSTITUENCY.   MP 2013.      MP 2017
KANGEMA.            TIRUS NGAHU.    MUTURI KIGANO
KIHARU.               IRUNGU KANGATA.   NDINDI NYORO
MATHIOYA.            CLEMENT WAMBUGU.   PETER KIMARI
KIGUMO.               JAMLECK KAMAU.        .RUTH MWANIKI
KANDARA.             ALICE WAHOME.           ALICE WAHOME
MARAGWA.            PETER KAMANDE MWANGI MARY WAITHERA
GATANGA.              HUMPHREY KIMANI NJUGUNA.    JOSEPH NDUATI
MURANGA.              SABINA CHEGE.            SABINA CHEGE

Next is Nyeri....

90% of these losers were FIRMLY in TNA but lost in the primaries. Currency is a constant and is unrelated to churn rate.

Example 2017
Ndaragwa: Kioni floored incumbent Nderitu in TNA primaries
Kipipiri: Kimunya floored incumbent Gichigi in TNA primaries. Both losers were in TNA.

In any election, majority incumbent MPs will be in the popular party (currency), but will be floored in the primaries of the popular party (churn).

https://www.capitalfm.co.ke/news/2017/08/controversial-laikipia-north-mp-lempurkel-loses-poll/

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Noway even your consort Pundit is mute on this one.

Pick a clear stronghold like Siaya. 90% of MPs are in ODM (currency). But most will not come back (churn). Homabay, Kericho and all such clear-cut Mobutu or Raila base follow this orthodoxy.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma

Hahaa - we know by their pronouncements and actions. Kuttuny or Keter or Tiren or Kamket are openly BBI and anti-Mobutu. Shollei, Sudi, Kositany are openly pro-Mobutu, anti-Handshake.

Kindiki impeachment- all Kalenjin senators backed Kindiki. Plus Gema rebels Linturi, Kihika, 1 or 2 more. Kieleweke senators impeached Kindiki. Reason - Mobutu is popular in Kalenjin. Not so much in Kikuyuland - he has to camp there and praise Uhuru to maintain the fiction.

Thank you prove my point  , youve only managed to mention 3 MPS pro Ruto out of  60+ from RV  . I can see you are almost getting there

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Noway - just to be clear, are you suggesting majority of Kalenjin MPs are not with Mobutu?

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
As for NYANDARUA out of 6 MPs only 1 managed to make it back representing 16% come back rate.

CONSTITUENCY.   MP 2013.               MP 2017
KINANGOP.          STEPHEN MBURU.    ZACHARY THUKU
KIPIPIRI.             SAMUEL GICHIGI.      AMOS KIMUNYA
OL KALOU.           DAVID KIARAHO        DAVID KIARAHO
OL JOROK.         JM WAIGANJO.            MICHAEL  MUCHIRA
NDARAGWA.       FRANCIS NDERITU.     JEREMIAH  KIONI
NYANDARUA.      WANJIKU MUHIA.        FAITH GITAU

As for KIRINYAGA OUT OF 5 MPS 0 Made it back representing a come back rate of 0%
 CONSTITUENCY.    MP 2013               MP 2017
MWEA.                   PETER GITAU.        JOSPHAT WACHIRA
GICHUNGU.            NJOGU BARUA.       ROBERT. GITHINJI
NDIA.                     STEPHEN NGARE.     GEORGE KARIUKI
KIRINYAGA CENTRAL.   JOSEPH GITARI.    JOHN WAMBUGU
KIRINYAGA.                WINNIE NJUGUNA     PURITY NGIRICI

As for NYERI out of 7 MPs only one managed to make it back , a come back rate of 14%

CONSTITUENCY        MP 2013.              MP 2017
TETU.              NDUNGU GITHINJI.        JAMES GACHUHI MWANGI
KIENI.             KANINI KEGA.                KANINI KEGA
MATHIRA.         PETER WERU.                RIGATHI GACHAGUA
OTHAYA.          MARY WAMBUI.              JAMES MUGAMBI
MUKURWEINI.   KABANDO KABANDO.     ANTONY KIAI.   
NYERI TOWN.     ESTHER MURUGI.          NGUNJIRI WAMBUGU
NYERI.             PRISCILLA KANYUA.          RAHAB MUKAMI
 Next is KIRINYAGA

Now that you still clinging on elected MPS to drive your theory of popularity  , I will table as a sample Central MPs percentage of the ones who made it back
Lets start in Kiambu (see below summary) Out of  13 Mps only  4 made it back in 2017  thats around  30 % come back rate .

County - Constituency -2017 elected MP  -                                 2013 Elected MP

Kiambu-Lari -Hon. Mwangi, Jonah Mburu                                         -JOSEPH MBURU KAHANGARA
Kiambu -Gatundu North   -Hon. Kibeh, Annie Wanjiku                          -FRANCIS KIGO NJENGA
Kiambu -Limuru -Hon. Mwathi, Peter Mungai                                   -CHEGE JOHN KIRAGU
Kiambu-Githunguri Hon. Mukuha, Gabriel Kago                                   -PETER NJOROGE BAIYA
Kiambu-Kikuyu Hon. Ichung'wah, Anthony Kimani                           -ANTHONY KIMANI ICHUGW’A
Kiambu-Ruiru Hon. Kingara, Simon Nganga                                            -ESTHER NYAMBURA GATHOGO
Kiambu-Juja Hon. Waititu, Francis Munyua                                             -FRANCIS MUNYUA WAITITU
Kiambu-Kabete Hon. Wamacukuru, James Githua Kamau                   -GEORGE MUKURU MUCHAI
Kiambu-Thika Town   Hon. Jungle, Patrick Kimani Wainaina                    -ALICE WAMBUI NGANGA
Kiambu-Gatundu South    Hon. Kuria, Moses Kiarie                            -JOSEPH NGUGI NYUMU
Kiambu-Kiambu -Hon. Wamuchomba, Gathoni                                       -Anne Nyokabi Gatheca
Kiambu- Kiambu -JUDE L KANGETHE    NJOMO                                       -JUDE L KANGETHE    NJOMO
Kiambu -KIAMBAA-KOINANGE PAUL                                                     -PAUL KOINANGE

Next Muranga

As for MURANGA out of 8 MPS Only 2 managed to make it back representing 25% comeback rate

CONSTITUENCY.   MP 2013.      MP 2017
KANGEMA.            TIRUS NGAHU.    MUTURI KIGANO
KIHARU.               IRUNGU KANGATA.   NDINDI NYORO
MATHIOYA.            CLEMENT WAMBUGU.   PETER KIMARI
KIGUMO.               JAMLECK KAMAU.        .RUTH MWANIKI
KANDARA.             ALICE WAHOME.           ALICE WAHOME
MARAGWA.            PETER KAMANDE MWANGI MARY WAITHERA
GATANGA.              HUMPHREY KIMANI NJUGUNA.    JOSEPH NDUATI
MURANGA.              SABINA CHEGE.            SABINA CHEGE

Next is Nyeri....

90% of these losers were FIRMLY in TNA but lost in the primaries. Currency is a constant and is unrelated to churn rate.

Example 2017
Ndaragwa: Kioni floored incumbent Nderitu in TNA primaries
Kipipiri: Kimunya floored incumbent Gichigi in TNA primaries

In any election, majority incumbent MPs will be in the popular party (currency), but will be floored in the primaries of the popular party (churn).

Thank you once again , if they could have won the primaries they would have made it back to parliament . They say the nominations are the most tricky . When the Mps were busy in Nairobi  , their rivals were busy schemeing on winning the primaries . Ive mentioned to you tactics politicians use to win the seats , from intimidation , bribery , influencing party officials (eso with Raila and ODM) , ballot stuffing  , kidnapping , e.t.c.
Now getting back to the main point , having these Mps in your entourage which you seem to advancing is political capital means nothing during the general elections .

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma

Pick a clear stronghold like Siaya. 90% of MPs are in ODM (currency). But most will not come back (churn). Homabay, Kericho and all such clear-cut Mobutu or Raila base follow this orthodoxy.

Hustler nation is bigger fish..Gema will split unless uhuru reconcile with Ruto.I believe Ruto camp will carry the majority in GEMA.Lets wait for opinion polls..central is homogenous so easy to get the feel of the ground

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
Noway - just to be clear, are you suggesting majority of Kalenjin MPs are not with Mobutu?

My point is being with Ruto is neither here nor there . Mps can decide to be pro Ruto or not , it wont affect voting patterns of  2022 significantly . So using a following of elected MPs to determinate 2022 general election is factually incorrect .

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop

Hustler nation is bigger fish..Gema will split unless uhuru reconcile with Ruto.I believe Ruto camp will carry the majority in GEMA.Lets wait for opinion polls..central is homogenous so easy to get the feel of the ground

Msambweni and Gatundu North will really tell us about hustler. It hot air. We are debating currency here - whether elected leaders affiliation indicates popularity of a party or faction.