Author Topic: Bisecting the luhya numbers,truth or myth  (Read 1664 times)

Offline Pajero

• Enigma
Bisecting the luhya numbers,truth or myth
« on: July 08, 2020, 05:53:22 PM »
Luhyas are claimed to be 6.8 M as per latest census.But a closer look suggests otherwise.Look at this

Total western province population is 5.1M.This is made up of Kakamega-1.9M,Bungoma-1.7M,Vihiga-0.6M and Busia 0.9M.

Please note that Busia is dominated by iteso,s who are nilotes and thus not considered luhyas.For purposes of this exercise,lets assume luhyas make up 40
% of Busia population.Therefore total luhya population in western province is around 4.5M.(Kakamega 1.9,Bungoma 1.7,Vihiga 0.6 and Busia 0.3).

Now,here comes the puzzle,out of the purported national luhya population of 6.8M,only 4.5M are in western,begging the question where the rest 2.3M are?????????

Does it mean they are in nairobi which has a population of 4.3M.??????We know Nairobi is cosmopolitan with kikuyus at 40%.

Verdict.Luhya numbers not adding up,EXAGGERATED BY 2M.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Bisecting the luhya numbers,truth or myth
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2020, 06:11:37 PM »
If you factor in that there are a lot of Luhyas in RV, especially Trans Nzoia and Uasin Gishu, and that you are wrong about Busia, where they are the majority, that alone might answer your question.

I have concerns about the census, but I doubt Luhyas are overcounted.  On the other hand I suspect Somalis are.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2020, 06:14:16 PM »
Luhyas are claimed to be 6.8 M as per latest census.But a closer look suggests otherwise.Look at this

Total western province population is 5.1M.This is made up of Kakamega-1.9M,Bungoma-1.7M,Vihiga-0.6M and Busia 0.9M.

Please note that Busia is dominated by iteso,s who are nilotes and thus not considered luhyas.For purposes of this exercise,lets assume luhyas make up 40
% of Busia population.Therefore total luhya population in western province is around 4.5M.(Kakamega 1.9,Bungoma 1.7,Vihiga 0.6 and Busia 0.3).

Now,here comes the puzzle,out of the purported national luhya population of 6.8M,only 4.5M are in western,begging the question where the rest 2.3M are?????????

Does it mean they are in nairobi which has a population of 4.3M.??????We know Nairobi is cosmopolitan with kikuyus at 40%.

Now reality is sinking in. You were bussy yapping nonsense. We know the system very well and what they are up to, and in the equation raira is just a pawn . Stay tuned

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2020, 07:13:53 PM »
All this because madvd and rectangular are not playing ball.
Luhya numbers have remained fairly constant at 13-14%.
98% of Kakamega and Vihiga
Luhya make I think 70% of Busia.
90% of Bungoma - 10% being Kalenjin
Probably 60% of Tranzoia.
Probably 15% of Nairobi - that is more than >0.7M people.
Probably 15% of UasinGishu.
Luhya also make 15% of Nandi.
There are significant Luhyas in Nakuru (Naivasha and Nakuru town), Mombasa and Kiambu - and of course Kajiado-Machakos (Nairobi metro) - I would estimate more than 0.5M here.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2020, 07:17:40 PM »
Somalis I doubt. Their birth rate is very high. I think Kikuyus numbers were this time round massaged.
If you factor in that there are a lot of Luhyas in RV, especially Trans Nzoia and Uasin Gishu, and that you are wrong about Busia, where they are the majority, that alone might answer your question.

I have concerns about the census, but I doubt Luhyas are overcounted.  On the other hand I suspect Somalis are.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2020, 10:29:33 AM »
Luhya voting pattern has never reflected the reality on the ground. Anyone can play with their figures and no alarm will be raised. That's the consequence of democracy in luhya nation. As long as luhyas are split current government will use them as mules kura time.