Author Topic: Silent MPs  (Read 1548 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Silent MPs
« on: July 08, 2020, 05:26:35 PM »
They have not uttered one word in Parliament.

I can understand for Sudi and Aladwa may be just have no idea what's going on or inability to engage in polite disagreements.  But what about people like Alfred Sambu?

https://www.nation.co.ke/kenya/news/politics/most-silent-kenyan-mps-parliament-1447054
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Silent MPs
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2020, 05:40:12 PM »
It pays nothing to speak. They will attend committee meetings for sitting allowance -- or maybe just sign attendance shit.

I bet like of Sudis and Aladwa are 24-7 in parliament bar with their girlfriends.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2020, 06:13:53 PM »
It pays nothing to speak. They will attend committee meetings for sitting allowance -- or maybe just sign attendance shit.

I bet like of Sudis and Aladwa are 24-7 in parliament bar with their girlfriends.

:D Maybe they should pro-rate part of their existing salary on showing some life in the chamber.  Outside parliament, you can barely get these two to shut their mouths.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2020, 06:47:09 PM »
Perhaps another good reason to reduce the number of MPs. With almost 300 MPs in the house at full attendance which is rare you can imagine there are not enough mikes to go round. Constituents may choose to be represented by more active MPs from neighbouring areas and recall and recommend merging. IEBC should use vocality parameters as well.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2020, 07:24:53 PM »
Yes with more devolution - we need to make MCA the MP - and then we have house of representative - and senator - but we need to strengthen devolution first - by devolving more money and function.

We can have one senator per county - remove that nonsense of nominated senators!

Then have MPs - based on population - in every county. Maybe 2 in each County. Total of 100.

Perhaps another good reason to reduce the number of MPs. With almost 300 MPs in the house at full attendance which is rare you can imagine there are not enough mikes to go round. Constituents may choose to be represented by more active MPs from neighbouring areas and recall and recommend merging. IEBC should use vocality parameters as well.