Author Topic: Screwing the Kurds for 100 years  (Read 6991 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Screwing the Kurds for 100 years
« on: October 08, 2019, 03:04:29 PM »
I used to hear that Saddam gassed some Kurds with WMDs now I know why. Kurds are mere pawns of the US. Trump abandoning them has at least 8 precedents spanning a whole century

https://theintercept.com/2019/10/07/kurds-syria-turkey-trump-betrayal/
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: Screwing the Kurds for 100 years
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2019, 03:22:26 PM »
Kurds are back to Assad fold. There is no room for fencesitters in Wildernesstan.
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2019, 04:22:24 PM »
I used to hear that Saddam gassed some Kurds with WMDs now I know why. Kurds are mere pawns of the US. Trump abandoning them has at least 8 precedents spanning a whole century

https://theintercept.com/2019/10/07/kurds-syria-turkey-trump-betrayal/

The current betrayal is not strategic but impulsive.  With impeachment happening, tax returns on the verge of being exposed and caging brown children no longer fashionable, Trump will lash out wherever he can in order to cause a distraction.  Everything at his disposal, including nuclear codes, he will use to save his skin if he can get away with it.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2019, 04:36:17 PM »
Trump has no expert on foreign policy in his kitchen cabinet. Hence his knee jerk reaction after the telephone call to Erdogan. Soon it might leak that Erdogan threated to stop the construction of the Trump Tower in Istanbul.

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2019, 04:40:47 PM »
Trump has no expert on foreign policy in his kitchen cabinet. Hence his knee jerk reaction after the telephone call to Erdogan. Soon it might leak that Erdogan threated to stop the construction of the Trump Tower in Istanbul.

He has virtually rid his entire top echelons of knowledgeable people.  A good portion of his cabinet are now in acting capacity as yes men, and he seems to want it that way.  It's a pretty shocking demonstration of how fragile systems of government can be in the wrong(right) hands.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2019, 05:09:53 PM »

He has virtually rid his entire top echelons of knowledgeable people.  A good portion of his cabinet are now in acting capacity as yes men, and he seems to want it that way.  It's a pretty shocking demonstration of how fragile systems of government can be in the wrong(right) hands.

Even Bolton couldn't stand him
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2019, 06:01:17 PM »
Sounds like Sonko & Trump are cut from one piece but they remain somehow popular - defying common wisdom.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2019, 06:27:50 PM »
Yep mavericks. The clown and foolishness is an act - which shows how good they are.

Sounds like Sonko & Trump are cut from one piece but they remain somehow popular - defying common wisdom.
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2019, 11:16:44 PM »
Bolton is an evil warmonger who was salivating over war with Iran the moment trump got elected. But you're right. The U.S. has an ugly history of throwing pple to the wolves when it no longer serves their interests.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2019, 01:54:44 AM »
America would be a banana republic if it lost all its wealthm without economic power would just fall apart. Now that the White male is unsure of his future he is feeling the heat. Nations even empires are fragile. They need to be safeguarded and constant vigilance. Trump is a symptom the disease is still untreated. The disease is that a lot of americand feel they are not doing well. They have been used and dumped by capitalists who have no soul. The economic insecurity has to be addressed.

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2019, 04:09:22 PM »

Bolton is an policy wonk.  Trump has nothing remotely resembling a coherent world view outside of this or that shady deal to benefit his bottomline.  They were bound to fall out.

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2019, 04:12:09 PM »
America would be a banana republic if it lost all its wealthm without economic power would just fall apart. Now that the White male is unsure of his future he is feeling the heat. Nations even empires are fragile. They need to be safeguarded and constant vigilance. Trump is a symptom the disease is still untreated. The disease is that a lot of americand feel they are not doing well. They have been used and dumped by capitalists who have no soul. The economic insecurity has to be addressed.

The economic anxiety rationalization has been debunked.  Most Trump voters were actually relatively well off people.  Demographic anxiety(racism) was the best predictor of a Trump supporter.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2019, 04:27:19 PM »
Who told you Trump is popular? Maybe among the Rednecks. His approval ratings have never past 50%. At the moment around 40% with even a majority of voters being of the opnion that he should be impeached. Anyway, he does not need the majority in the popular vote, only the majority in the college vote.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2019, 05:06:35 AM »

The economic anxiety rationalization has been debunked.  Most Trump voters were actually relatively well off people.  Demographic anxiety(racism) was the best predictor of a Trump supporter.

Saying there is no economic anxiety is just not true. Race was what brought these feeelings about.. Most well to do whitemen had a very assured life before dot.com era when globalisation took off. The demographic changes has now proven that there is no way out of their predicament and that has created some type anarchist siege mentality...remember teapartism is grassroots led. On postmortem analysis. These anxiety is there but very hidden. In The corporate world that i am familiar with most of these people cannot speak openly about it but they constantly afraid that they will lose it all. Remember America is a very individualistic place. The appearance of affluence is not the reality anymore

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2019, 05:13:03 AM »
Trumpism is deep and if he is impeached and voted out it won't be the end. At the end of this a huge debt and a lot economic abracadabra that has been going on to keep the party on. Once the burst cycle comes around again in a few years it will be another decade of hell. I think capitalism in USA has peaked. The GIG economy is a fad. It will die with a lot of hopes and dreams..nature too will start demanding its pound of flesh..california is almost unhabitable and most of the food belts are getting degraded year after year by "lifetime of floods"....the party is over...call me Dr doom but it deosnt look that promising

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2019, 05:20:04 AM »
America has gone tribal..whitemen are being dragged kicking screaming by their own women and being punished for centuries of patriarchy.. The whitewomen are now demanding their Obama moment and the battle hardened African American women are the drill sergeants.. Then you have millennials who are telling parents or their grand parents to stick that American macmasion where the moon doesn't shine...baby booomer are now in a limbo not knowing if their nest egg will ever be edible...every group is going anarchist they want the chess board smashed and a new one rebuilt...this not only in USA it is everywhere ..europe is detonating Civil wars daily ...brexit and now Syria is just going to make this winter a long one

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2019, 07:25:30 AM »
America has gone tribal..whitemen are being dragged kicking screaming by their own women and being punished for centuries of patriarchy.. The whitewomen are now demanding their Obama moment and the battle hardened African American women are the drill sergeants.. Then you have millennials who are telling parents or their grand parents to stick that American macmasion where the moon doesn't shine...baby booomer are now in a limbo not knowing if their nest egg will ever be edible...every group is going anarchist they want the chess board smashed and a new one rebuilt...this not only in USA it is everywhere ..europe is detonating Civil wars daily ...brexit and now Syria is just going to make this winter a long one

it's baffling the number of anglo-saxons fighting for ISIL.. the guys who beheaded Fowley are british. about feminism & patriarchy - white women are the pivot and will never allow a racial coup. they scapegoat their men.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2019, 07:26:06 AM »
These poor Kurds need to run to Asad and Putin's bossom. Trump is a real moron.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2019, 07:31:22 AM »
Funny orangeman claims without a flinch that the US wiped out ISIL. These hard job was done by Russia. Flat flies. Iraq was liberated by Iran a few months after the marines abandoned it after 13 years of blunders.

This account is mostly accurate if you straighten out a few pro-Russia slants

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2019, 09:47:39 AM »
Surely, has the US gone this low? even Arap Moi in his heydays would have never made such a statement.
Now the Kurds have no choice but to head to Assad's arms meaning Putin's.