Author Topic: Slavery was twisted. Really evil and twisted.  (Read 1603 times)

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
Slavery was twisted. Really evil and twisted.
« on: September 30, 2019, 03:57:24 AM »
Slaves were baptised and lied too that they were descedants of cain and they were paying for his sins. I think African Americans must hold on to this history and draw strength from it. This must be a really messed existence knowing you live in a country that never intended for you to be viewed as a human being

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Slavery was twisted. Really evil and twisted.
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2019, 05:33:11 PM »
I haven't had a chance to watch this.  But I don't think it's mentally any different for "current" African Americans than any other black person(original Africans included).  Sure, they are descendants of slaves, but that does not really matter any more than say being a descendant of Hitler.  Historically, overall conditions in the Congo(to pick one example) were much much worse for blacks than what the slaves went through(and this is not an attempt to belittle the slave experience).
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Slavery was twisted. Really evil and twisted.
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2019, 05:43:25 PM »
Useless history. Nobody will be enslaved ever again. Let's deal with contemporary issues like racism.