Author Topic: Gender Dysphoria vs Transgenders  (Read 3036 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Gender Dysphoria vs Transgenders
« on: June 26, 2019, 10:31:56 PM »
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: Gender Dysphoria vs Transgenders
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 12:58:51 AM »
Yes transgenders really hate feminists who preach female autonomy yet want to be the arbitor of womanhood. #punch-a-terf and such memes do the rounds often in LGBTQ circles. Feminists fear the dilution of their victimhood monopoly.
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2019, 09:17:38 AM »
Yes transgenders really hate feminists who preach female autonomy yet want to be the arbitor of womanhood. #punch-a-terf and such memes do the rounds often in LGBTQ circles. Feminists fear the dilution of their victimhood monopoly.

So it's basically competition for victimhood.

Feminism is to blame. Long before transgenders became a subject they were busy claiming gender is a social/mental construct to push for equality. Boot is on the other hoof.

All said, no amount of essays and whining makes a transgender woman equal to a biological female, but I'll be more sympathetic to their cause if they chopper off their penises on their transitioning.
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2019, 09:58:33 AM »

Feminism is to blame. Long before transgenders became a subject they were busy claiming gender is a social/mental construct to push for equality. Boot is on the other hoof.

All said, no amount of essays and whining makes a transgender woman equal to a biological female, but I'll be more sympathetic to their cause if they chopper off their penises on their transitioning.

Dysphoria is a mismatch of sexual and psychological biology. It's not mental illness shame on you. Are you a bigot???  Shemales are female in all ways but physically. Behavior, emotions, thoughts, etc. This is well certified by psychiatrists and other medics. Just like you have siiamese conjoined twins... brain-body can be mismatched too. You can't have a brain transplant yet so they transition the body through hormone replacement therapy. And a good percentage of them go all the way to vagina transplant. A penis is pretty useless to a straight woman. Caitlyn Jenner now has a vagina.
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2019, 10:32:48 AM »
I have no problems with the trans thing except for some crazy stories I've heard involving these surgeries done on kiddos and sports.

For kiddos. My opposition is based on the fact that a great majority of kids grow out of it and they haven't yet found a way to predict which ones will grow out of it and which ones will persist with their discomfort in their biological sex past childhood/puberty/teenhood.

Sports: The idea that a dude could claim to be a woman, and even without a kind of mandatory waiting period post-transition, hormones, and surgery, still get to participate in women's sports is surely an attempt to destroy women sports. Have u noticed no trans men are trying to compete with bio men? Not a coincidence. I mean, you might as well get rid of the gender divide in sports once and for all, and with it, kick women out of sports. Women are 40% less strong and smaller than dudes. It's ridiculous that this should be a srs debate when sports is all abt physical dominance. Remember that boxer who was beating the crap out of the women? That kinda crap is what pisses me off abt the whole thing and is the one thing I've heard srs dissent abt from the left. The rest of the debate follow along traditional cultural splits.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2019, 10:53:54 AM »

Dysphoria is a mismatch of sexual and psychological biology. It's not mental illness shame on you. Are you a bigot???  Shemales are female in all ways but physically. Behavior, emotions, thoughts, etc. This is well certified by psychiatrists and other medics. Just like you have siiamese conjoined twins... brain-body can be mismatched too. You can't have a brain transplant yet so they transition the body through hormone replacement therapy. And a good percentage of them go all the way to vagina transplant. A penis is pretty useless to a straight woman. Caitlyn Jenner now has a vagina.

That 'mismatch' is the mental illness. They could as well imagine they are different race or even species.

What is 'psychological biology'?
Are there any objective tests that can be carried on the brain to determine gender?

Try imagining sharing a locker room or worse bathroom with Atwoli whose 'psychological biology' convinced him he is a woman

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2019, 12:56:22 PM »
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2019, 01:00:46 PM »

Yep.  Vooke exhibits binary chauvinism.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2019, 01:14:51 PM »

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2019, 01:16:38 PM »

Yep.  Vooke exhibits binary chauvinism.

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2019, 03:24:29 PM »
I think the idea is gender is not sex. It's a weird concept as first and took me 4ever to understand what on earth these guys were on abt.

I haven't come around to accepting the solution some have proposed of legally recognizing multiple genders since my understanding is that what they're referring to cannot actually be limited to that (31) or any specific number. It could potentially be as varied as there are are individuals on earth. Sounds like voo doo, I know, but it's essentially a different balance of the masculine/feminine instincts in each person (we each have both) as I've personally come to conceive of it. I personally believe they come from the hunter and gatherer instincts. You could have a thoroughly hetero bio woman who is hyper masculine and a thoroughly hetero bio man who is hyper feminine and any kind of combination in between.

The best solution I see is to let people present themselves in the way they feel comfortable without calcifying it. It could be exploratory. I have no beef with that. If someone presents themselves as a woman to me, I'll treat them as such regardless of their chromosomes. What I have an issue with are people who maintain the presentation of a different gender with a set social cast and then demand to be treated as the opposite gender. If you present yourself as a woman, you shouldn't seek to punish people who treat you as such. That's placing too great a burden on society. On the other hand, if someone reasonably presents themselves as one gender, they should be treated that way IMO. After all, we don't go around testing pple's DNA or checking their genitals to discover who/what they are. We rely on social signifiers of gender. So treat people according to this social 'language', whatever their chromosomes/genitals. That's my view. If I meet a person I can clearly see is biologically male but they dresses like a female, has a female name etc, I won't go out of my way to treat them like a dude like insisting on using masculine pronouns, for example. I might slip but it'd be a mistake, not deliberate.

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2019, 04:55:16 PM »
I think the idea is gender is not sex. It's a weird concept as first and took me 4ever to understand what on earth these guys were on abt.

I haven't come around to accepting the solution some have proposed of legally recognizing multiple genders since my understanding is that what they're referring to cannot actually be limited to that (31) or any specific number. It could potentially be as varied as there are are individuals on earth. Sounds like voo doo, I know, but it's essentially a different balance of the masculine/feminine instincts in each person (we each have both) as I've personally come to conceive of it. I personally believe they come from the hunter and gatherer instincts. You could have a thoroughly hetero bio woman who is hyper masculine and a thoroughly hetero bio man who is hyper feminine and any kind of combination in between.

The best solution I see is to let people present themselves in the way they feel comfortable without calcifying it. It could be exploratory. I have no beef with that. If someone presents themselves as a woman to me, I'll treat them as such regardless of their chromosomes. What I have an issue with are people who maintain the presentation of a different gender with a set social cast and then demand to be treated as the opposite gender. If you present yourself as a woman, you shouldn't seek to punish people who treat you as such. That's placing too great a burden on society. On the other hand, if someone reasonably presents themselves as one gender, they should be treated that way IMO. After all, we don't go around testing pple's DNA or checking their genitals to discover who/what they are. We rely on social signifiers of gender. So treat people according to this social 'language', whatever their chromosomes/genitals. That's my view. If I meet a person I can clearly see is biologically male but they dresses like a female, has a female name etc, I won't go out of my way to treat them like a dude like insisting on using masculine pronouns, for example. I might slip but it'd be a mistake, not deliberate.

I generally agree that there is a range where we all fall, depending on many factors, chiefly genetics, hormones etc.  There are women who are obviously rocking traits generally associated with males and vice-versa.  I don't know that society needs to do anything about it, other than perhaps minimize stigmatizing such people.

Personally I tend to minimize any interaction with people like that because I am uncomfortable around them.  It could be that I am just used to people not being so forward about their gender issues especially when I am not about to get into some sort of intimate situation with them.

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2019, 09:47:45 PM »

Two questions for you
Do you regard transgender women equally before, during,and after transitioning?
Would you be bothered if transgenders started mopping up your scholarships?

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2019, 01:01:20 AM »

We could always allow transgender men and women sports. Trouble is are they a significant population? 0.0x % of the world.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2019, 01:30:02 AM »

No, gender dysphoria has been declassified as a mental illness. Google it. There has been recognition that being gender non-conformant is not an illness. No, they don't "mutilate their bodies" anymore than siamese twins do to free themselves of each other. I guess being a priest automatically makes you a radical conservative? which explains your disparaging views of gender transition. Tattoos for instance are art and beauty - but conservatives or other zealots disparage this as "mutilation". Obviously it's not the youth's or artful folks' fault that the disparagers are close-minded. It's bigotry to disparage things just because you don't appreciate or understand them - or they are against your faith - as you equally mean to do with your quick reference to "31 genders" in NYC. How many religious sects or denominations or whatevers are there today? Should we disparage Pastor vooke and other priests as some sort of fraud? Or any such arbitrary demented views because the church is so splintered and directionless? That's what you are doing to gender. Let people be, and stop hating on them.

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2019, 10:11:26 AM »
Two questions for you
Tis a complicated question, vooke. They are such a tiny population that I don't think this would be a problem: Not like sports where some average hasbeen biologically male tennis player would dominate Serena Williams and become the champ until another person with a biologically male body challenged them. Just seems like a clear path to destroying women sports and we already seeing that happening in some race/running competitions and boxing. Outside sports, its not an issue 4 me because male bodies don't give you any better advantage.

Now, that said, I have beef with trans who don't transition but seek to maintain the status of the opposite gender in a legal way. Why? Because there's no way to tell them apart from unscrupulous/sociopathic/narcissistic nontrans pple who could take advantage of that status to access spaces they otherwise wouldn't be able to. It's why I was against Obama's heavy handed approach to the bathroom q. 4 most pple, the beef isn't with trans who've transitioned; its the possibility that non trans men (not women, lol) would pretend to be trans and then access spaces etc. But, for example, someone like Audrey Wambugu. Why on earth would I be bothered by her presence in *my*/female spaces/categories?  :D

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2019, 10:33:12 AM »

We could always allow transgender men and women sports. Trouble is are they a significant population? 0.0x % of the world.

It would be unfair. There is no scientific way of ascertaining a transgender other than taking their word. There is also the issue of transition. The hormones and therapy can inhibit/bolster performance

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2019, 10:40:59 AM »
Two questions for you
Tis a complicated question, vooke. They are such a tiny population that I don't think this would be a problem: Not like sports where some average hasbeen biologically male tennis player would dominate Serena Williams and become the champ until another person with a biologically male body challenged them. Just seems like a clear path to destroying women sports and we already seeing that happening in some race/running competitions and boxing. Outside sports, its not an issue 4 me because male bodies don't give you any better advantage.

Now, that said, I have beef with trans who don't transition but seek to maintain the status of the opposite gender in a legal way. Why? Because there's no way to tell them apart from unscrupulous/sociopathic/narcissistic nontrans pple who could take advantage of that status to access spaces they otherwise wouldn't be able to. It's why I was against Obama's heavy handed approach to the bathroom q. 4 most pple, the beef isn't with trans who've transitioned; its the possibility that non trans men (not women, lol) would pretend to be trans and then access spaces etc. But, for example, someone like Audrey Wambugu. Why on earth would I be bothered by her presence in *my*/female spaces/categories?  :D

I agree with everything you said. The problem is transgenders are not defined by the stage of transition,but are simply taken at their word. That's how men end up in women jails and they start raping women.

Sex change can be expensive which may explain why transition tends to be sort of superficial (dressing and maybe some hormone shots) but you agree there are legitimate reasons to doubt transgenders? It's not bigotry but rational skepticism.

About Audrey, I think she is not a transgender as such but intersex.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2019, 10:49:16 AM »

No, gender dysphoria has been declassified as a mental illness. Google it. There has been recognition that being gender non-conformant is not an illness. No, they don't "mutilate their bodies" anymore than siamese twins do to free themselves of each other. I guess being a priest automatically makes you a radical conservative? which explains your disparaging views of gender transition. Tattoos for instance are art and beauty - but conservatives or other zealots disparage this as "mutilation". Obviously it's not the youth's or artful folks' fault that the disparagers are close-minded. It's bigotry to disparage things just because you don't appreciate or understand them - or they are against your faith - as you equally mean to do with your quick reference to "31 genders" in NYC. How many religious sects or denominations or whatevers are there today? Should we disparage Pastor vooke and other priests as some sort of fraud? Or any such arbitrary demented views because the church is so splintered and directionless? That's what you are doing to gender. Let people be, and stop hating on them.

Ms Robina,
I have no problem with tattoos, and they are not really a problem here where our melanin generally makes the art less popular, but I would not advise anyone to overdo it especially given reversing is difficult.

DSM-5 lists Gender dysphoria as a mental condition. Please check it up. Transgenders has become something of a fad and parents are bowing to the whims of their prepubescent kids to do surgery and hormones to accommodate them. That's scary and Kadame explains why. Kids outgrow dysphoria for the better part. So extreme measures to deal with it tend to be regrettable and irreversible.

My point is, there is simply no difference between dysphoria and transgenders. They should be accommodated but at the same time we can't ignore science.

I personally believe transgenders are simply homosexuals who transition to boost their chances of getting laid. If you are attracted to women, then looking like a man would theoretically attract more women(straight and lesbians) ,but Lesbians want women not women wannabes. And straight women want men not men wannabes. Transgenders suffer more sexual frustration as a result. Very hard to get sex partners. That's why they hate lesbians and gays.

Are there celibate transgenders?

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2019, 04:35:28 PM »
Ms Robina,
I have no problem with tattoos, and they are not really a problem here where our melanin generally makes the art less popular, but I would not advise anyone to overdo it especially given reversing is difficult.

DSM-5 lists Gender dysphoria as a mental condition. Please check it up. Transgenders has become something of a fad and parents are bowing to the whims of their prepubescent kids to do surgery and hormones to accommodate them. That's scary and Kadame explains why. Kids outgrow dysphoria for the better part. So extreme measures to deal with it tend to be regrettable and irreversible.

My point is, there is simply no difference between dysphoria and transgenders. They should be accommodated but at the same time we can't ignore science.

I personally believe transgenders are simply homosexuals who transition to boost their chances of getting laid. If you are attracted to women, then looking like a man would theoretically attract more women(straight and lesbians) ,but Lesbians want women not women wannabes. And straight women want men not men wannabes. Transgenders suffer more sexual frustration as a result. Very hard to get sex partners. That's why they hate lesbians and gays.

Are there celibate transgenders?

My point was you use derogatories like "mutilate their bodies" to barely veil your disgust. They simply transition. I used tattoos as an example of how parochial old-schoolers deride people who love art by insisting what others love and opt to do by choice is "mutilation". It is not mutilation - it's just art - or gender transition - unless you are a close-minded bigot.

About falsely transitioning gender - rape or sexual harassment is a crime. I would imagine there are celibate and perverted and rapists and whatnot transgenders. Just as we have bigoted and pedo priests - cats among the pigeons - who ruin the priesthood's otherwise good name. Transgenders are just people and there are some rotten fruits as in all other baskets.

At the lunatic asylum, there are some loonies who believe they are rock-stars, priests, gods, demons and other delusions. Some of course think they are their opposite gender.  Those are the minority, the reason transgenders are misunderstood, is because of misrepresentation by radical conservatives who imagine people transition for fun. And this somehow threatens them. There is no benefit or advantage to being any gender otherwise we would only have transgender men or women - depending which side you think is favorite. I have transgender friends and it is really a daily struggle that starts with childhood problems as people insist a girl be a girl, followed by the rest of society, government, schools, employers - before you meet the all-knowing feminists and Pastor vooke. Invariably the most bothered by the matter are religious types. They will say Jesus embraces all but they will suffer the irony of their discordant message. For feminists it is just the reality that if there are other more discriminated groups, their status as victims is diluted. They are parasites and must fight for survival.

No, gender dysphoria is not even a disorder. As bitmask or I think Kadame notes, gender is a continuum. There are even people with both male and female sexual organs for instance and that does not make them mad.