Author Topic: Trump Crushes Huawei  (Read 14311 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Re: Trump Crushes Huawei
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2019, 12:26:21 PM »
Refugees flee to the nearest border. They are not killed for fleeing to China. Where else would they flee if war broke out with the 830KM border near them?

Here's some news for you: when it comes to land travel, it is not just a matter of placing a ruler on a map and saying "this bit is closer"; the terrain determines the time and difficulty of travel.   Do you actually know much of the NK-China border?   And have you considered the other factors that I mentioned? 

During the Korean War about 650,000 North Koreans went south, and only about 10,000 went northwards.    How does that fit with your "nearest border" theory?

Why do you think China would allow even masses of refugees to cross into the country? And do you know anything of the South Koreans' contingency plans?

By the way, where do you get this 830km/840km figure for the length of the border?

Look, I'll give you an A for your determination to argue.  But on knowledge of the Korean Peninsula, I'm afraid the grade must be a D-.

The only relevant question here is the border length. Look it up if you have never bothered
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2019, 05:03:26 PM »
Refugees flee to the nearest border. They are not killed for fleeing to China. Where else would they flee if war broke out with the 830KM border near them?

Here's some news for you: when it comes to land travel, it is not just a matter of placing a ruler on a map and saying "this bit is closer"; the terrain determines the time and difficulty of travel.   Do you actually know much of the NK-China border?   And have you considered the other factors that I mentioned? 

During the Korean War about 650,000 North Koreans went south, and only about 10,000 went northwards.    How does that fit with your "nearest border" theory?

Why do you think China would allow even masses of refugees to cross into the country? And do you know anything of the South Koreans' contingency plans?

By the way, where do you get this 830km/840km figure for the length of the border?

Look, I'll give you an A for your determination to argue.  But on knowledge of the Korean Peninsula, I'm afraid the grade must be a D-.

The only relevant question here is the border length. Look it up if you have never bothered

I think you expect us to just pretend that the facts as shared by MOON Ki are not relevant.  It seems to me that war on the peninsula would see most of the action and danger happening North of where the would-be refugees live.  They would be highly motivated to avoid those areas for fear of becoming collateral damage.

Most North Koreans live in in the south and west of the country, which is largely made up of lowlands. The north of the country, near the border with China, is more mountainous and far less densely populated.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2019, 11:46:15 PM »

So says Vooke.  I take it that is your answer to that particular question?  OK.  I decided to bother.   Here is what I found:

The border is 1,420 kilometres.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China%E2%80%93North_Korea_border

So, then: your answer to the question above (which you claim is the only relevant one)?
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.