Author Topic: Trump Crushes Huawei  (Read 14321 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Trump Crushes Huawei
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2019, 04:23:16 PM »
The OS ecosystem like Android Play Store takes years to build. But Huawei with a Billion patriots will be frogmarched into success. This war will make that company strong. I see Android and iOS and Windows losing a B customers overnight.
Yap. China has the numbers. USA does not.
BTW, USA foreign policies, especially business have been coherent until Trump.

Trump is a mono-minded fool. I thought stuff like global warming is a hoax was just campaign rhetoric until dude took power. All his moves - cancel TPP, climate accord, Iran deal, Green Card restrictions - and now this anti-China hysteria - naive approach to complex challenges. Trump really lacks sophistication and treats everything as a "deal". He is an escalator of the US downfall.

I still think if he were clean, he would be the same boorish character but following a more traditional US approach.  Right now such actions are his only outlet to the buzz in Washington circling in on his life in crime.  That and caging kids.  He might start slaughtering puppies on the South lawn.

His big mouth has gotten him far, but he probably bit too much with a presidency even he did not expect to win.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2019, 05:55:05 PM »
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2019, 03:17:18 PM »
Trump gave in after realizing that Chinese cant be manipulated.
Chinese look stronger.
Same thing with N. Korea.
What about Iran???

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2019, 04:15:06 PM »
Trump gave in after realizing that Chinese cant be manipulated.
Chinese look stronger.
Same thing with N. Korea.
What about Iran???

I am more inclined to believe he gave in after Xi said something nice about him.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2019, 06:30:06 PM »
:) that is all trump really graves for; he needs to be given Nobel Peace Prize - for crossing into North Korea - and he will leave folks alone. Trump the little man just like a lot more respect and soothing of his fragile ego.
I am more inclined to believe he gave in after Xi said something nice about him.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2019, 09:39:08 AM »
So far he has acieved nothing. N. Korea will never give up its nuclear arms. That would be suicide for the Rocket Man.
Trump's ego is too big and that will also be his undoing.

:) that is all trump really graves for; he needs to be given Nobel Peace Prize - for crossing into North Korea - and he will leave folks alone. Trump the little man just like a lot more respect and soothing of his fragile ego.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2019, 09:50:30 AM »
Even Iran will not. After the poor example the west set with Gaddaffi none of these regimes are naive anymore.

So far he has acieved nothing. N. Korea will never give up its nuclear arms. That would be suicide for the Rocket Man.
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2019, 02:29:22 PM »

2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2019, 03:02:31 AM »
Huawei to roll out HongmengOS in the fall, to replace Android and Windows in the Mate 30 and Mate 30X handsets.

https://m.gsmarena.com/huaweis_hongmengos_is_faster_than_android_and_macos_has_broader_application-news-37981.php
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2019, 08:47:27 AM »
Huawei to roll out HongmengOS in the fall, to replace Android and Windows in the Mate 30 and Mate 30X handsets.

https://m.gsmarena.com/huaweis_hongmengos_is_faster_than_android_and_macos_has_broader_application-news-37981.php

Make yy day

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2019, 01:56:25 PM »

The only losers are American businesses. We've lost an upcoming market with a total population of 1.5 billion people. China will do the same thing in 20yrs, after surpassing USA as an economic engine. Trump is a very short sighted leader with no abilities to think beyond today.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2019, 08:02:25 PM »

Why would China be worried about NK refugees?   If NK falls the most likely scenario will be a re-unification of North and South.   And I doubt that China is really that concerned about NK's nukles; the Chinese have certainly not done much to dissuade Kim from that path.
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2019, 01:02:14 AM »

Why would China be worried about NK refugees?   If NK falls the most likely scenario will be a re-unification of North and South.   And I doubt that China is really that concerned about NK's nukles; the Chinese have certainly not done much to dissuade Kim from that path.

China is paranoid when it comes to refugees. NK escapees are rounded up and returned back home. About nukes it's not that they don't care but NK acquired them when China was not in any position to oppose. China hates them nukes but they are here so what to do other than buy loyalty in case of US aggression?

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2019, 01:13:43 AM »
China is paranoid when it comes to refugees. NK escapees are rounded up and returned back home. About nukes it's not that they don't care but NK acquired them when China was not in any position to oppose. China hates them nukes but they are here so what to do other than buy loyalty in case of US aggression?

Yes, China does not like refugees.   But my question was different: why do you think a collapse of the North Korea would send "tons" of refugees fleeing to China?  Keep in mind that on such a collapse, the first thing that would happen is that the border to the South would be opened wide.   Why do you think China was not in a position to oppose NK's acquisition of nukes?  China has had enormous leverage over NK since 1940s.   

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2019, 09:54:05 AM »

Yes, China does not like refugees.   But my question was different: why do you think a collapse of the North Korea would send "tons" of refugees fleeing to China?  Keep in mind that on such a collapse, the first thing that would happen is that the border to the South would be opened wide.   Why do you think China was not in a position to oppose NK's acquisition of nukes?  China has had enormous leverage over NK since 1940s.   

I answered. Refugees would pour into neighbors and China is one of them. Their aversion to refugees presently suggests they dread NK refugees. The NK-China border at 840KM is there times larger than the 250Km demillitarized zone between NK and SK. Bulk of NK population live nearer Chinese border than the demillitarized zone

China has been NK Ally since the Korean war and before but NK pulled a fast one in 2006 when they tested a nuclear weapons. Means the nuclear program was done behind their back for a better part.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2019, 03:36:44 PM »
I answered. Refugees would pour into neighbors and China is one of them. Their aversion to refugees presently suggests they dread NK refugees. The NK-China border at 840KM is there times larger than the 250Km demillitarized zone between NK and SK. Bulk of NK population live nearer Chinese border than the demillitarized zone

China has been NK Ally since the Korean war and before but NK pulled a fast one in 2006 when they tested a nuclear weapons. Means the nuclear program was done behind their back for a better part.

Actually you did not.  Why would they pour into China or Russia, where they are not wanted, instead of just going South,  where they would be welcomed as full citizens and not refugees?.     Saying that the border is longer (actually 1420 km, not your 840) and most of them live up there does not do it; I never heard of (would-be) refugees choosing where to go on such a basis.  And then there's this (which you should also  relate to the ease of crossing that long border):

Most North Koreans live in in the south and west of the country, which is largely made up of lowlands. The north of the country, near the border with China, is more mountainous and far less densely populated.
http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/north-korea-population/

(By the way, as far as  I can tell, from first-hand observation, the Chinese just don't like any kind of refugee, and I wouldn't extrapolate that into something special about NK.)

The "fast one" theory too is interesting, given that NK's nuclear ambitions were evident as early as the 1980s.   In fact, at one point Little Kim's father invited Westerners to view a plutonium extraction facility.  You might also want to look into the IAEA's attempts to properly inspect the Yongbyon complex and their conclusion that NK was most likely working on nuclear weapons  Etc. Etc. Etc..  That was in the 1990s.  A whole bunch of stuff in the history, and China did not know of any of it?   In any case, the issue wa about leverage right now.   Are you sure the China, with all the sanctions-busting NK front companies operating there and it being, by a huge margin  NK's largest trading partner---doesn't have the leverage to push NK?

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2019, 05:27:31 PM »
Who else thought this fool is parochial enough?

Leak claims Trump scrapped Iran nuclear deal to spite Obama

IN SUMMARY
Under that agreement Iran agreed to limit its sensitive nuclear activities.

However, President Trump did not think that the deal went far enough.

Sir Kim stepped down as US ambassador on Wednesday, saying it was "impossible" for him to continue.

https://mobile.nation.co.ke/news/world/Why-Trump-scrapped-Iran-nuclear-deal/3126396-5195158-6j852pz/index.html

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2019, 08:31:14 PM »

Actually you did not.  Why would they pour into China or Russia, where they are not wanted, instead of just going South,  where they would be welcomed as full citizens and not refugees?.     Saying that the border is longer (actually 1420 km, not your 840) and most of them live up there does not do it; I never heard of (would-be) refugees choosing where to go on such a basis.  And then there's this (which you should also  relate to the ease of crossing that long border):

Most North Koreans live in in the south and west of the country, which is largely made up of lowlands. The north of the country, near the border with China, is more mountainous and far less densely populated.
http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/north-korea-population/

(By the way, as far as  I can tell, from first-hand observation, the Chinese just don't like any kind of refugee, and I wouldn't extrapolate that into something special about NK.)

The "fast one" theory too is interesting, given that NK's nuclear ambitions were evident as early as the 1980s.   In fact, at one point Little Kim's father invited Westerners to view a plutonium extraction facility.  You might also want to look into the IAEA's attempts to properly inspect the Yongbyon complex and their conclusion that NK was most likely working on nuclear weapons  Etc. Etc. Etc..  That was in the 1990s.  A whole bunch of stuff in the history, and China did not know of any of it?   In any case, the issue wa about leverage right now.   Are you sure the China, with all the sanctions-busting NK front companies operating there and it being, by a huge margin  NK's largest trading partner---doesn't have the leverage to push NK?

Refugees flee to the nearest border. They are not killed for fleeing to China. Where else would they flee if war broke out with the 830KM border near them?

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2019, 10:08:50 PM »
Refugees flee to the nearest border. They are not killed for fleeing to China. Where else would they flee if war broke out with the 830KM border near them?

Here's some news for you: when it comes to land travel, it is not just a matter of placing a ruler on a map and saying "this bit is closer"; the terrain determines the time and difficulty of travel.   Do you actually know much of the NK-China border?   And have you considered the other factors that I mentioned? 

During the Korean War about 650,000 North Koreans went south, and only about 10,000 went northwards.    How does that fit with your "nearest border" theory?

Why do you think China would allow even masses of refugees to cross into the country? And do you know anything of the South Koreans' contingency plans?

By the way, where do you get this 830km/840km figure for the length of the border?

Look, I'll give you an A for your determination to argue.  But on knowledge of the Korean Peninsula, I'm afraid the grade must be a D-.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2019, 05:50:43 AM »
Who else thought this fool is parochial enough?

Leak claims Trump scrapped Iran nuclear deal to spite Obama

IN SUMMARY
Under that agreement Iran agreed to limit its sensitive nuclear activities.

However, President Trump did not think that the deal went far enough.

Sir Kim stepped down as US ambassador on Wednesday, saying it was "impossible" for him to continue.

https://mobile.nation.co.ke/news/world/Why-Trump-scrapped-Iran-nuclear-deal/3126396-5195158-6j852pz/index.html

Robina
Wake UP. The many has no policy, except reverse what Obama did - right or wrong. Republicans have no policy - except abortion.