Author Topic: Nipateans and your very open and public "private" thoughts  (Read 4897 times)

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
Nipateans and your very open and public "private" thoughts
« on: September 26, 2014, 09:42:35 PM »
Do your people (in real life) know of your online life? :D I am asking because I have read some very...er...ahem..."private" confessions made on old nipate regarding members' lives, opinions on matters they'd probably not want known by people in their own lives :-X I have been reading posts from 2011, 2012....Wacha tu!

Just asking, do your SO (significant others) know of your online personas and if they were to stumble on these sites by accident, would they be able to spot you? Mtado? :D

Just curious!
Just my 0.02 Kshs. wave  ;)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Nipateans and your very open and public "private" thoughts
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 10:08:11 PM »
Kadame,

Share some of these private thoughts that caught your attention.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 03:42:30 AM »
'tis why we're anonymous.

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 02:55:27 PM »
Lol, I thought this thread would have more hits. :D Did I make people uneasy with my mucene?

Kadame,

Share some of these private thoughts that caught your attention.

No, wont share particulars. I think y'all know yourselves! :D Guy talk makes for a very interesting read. Just wondered if y'all allow people from your lives to discover your online existences at all. From the wendi saga on nipate, we already know it can be dangerous.
'tis why we're anonymous.
Indeed, indeed. I wouldn't want my people to know of my online convos either, though I'm pretty sure a few do. :D

Offline mya88

• Mega superstar
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2014, 10:54:18 PM »
Psss, Termi's people would probably get a shock of their life when they realize there innocent, probably church going , tithe paying homie is actually an atheists.....meaning its all a front.....all these years hahahaheheh let me laugh. On a serious note, some would be shocked to find they live with the most virulent tribalists of them all.
"We must be the change we wish to see" - Mahatma Ghandi

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2014, 08:03:01 AM »
My partners have never been interested in my forum participation except one.  That one ended badly....

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2014, 01:24:35 PM »
My partners have never been interested in my forum participation except one.  That one ended badly....
Your online persona is rather tame, though. :D Byran, what did this woman do to you? You've never been able to get over her kabsa kabsaaa.

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2014, 05:10:38 PM »
Your online persona is rather tame, though. :D Byran, what did this woman do to you? You've never been able to get over her kabsa kabsaaa.

Kairetu,

Niliacha kuongea ovyo ovyo online.  It kind of got boring, especially when I realised that pragmatism is non existent online.  Most folks are too set in their political/tribal ways, there was no opportunity for minds to meet.  Maybe .org will provide the necessary stimulation too get back to my swashbuckling ways.... although I've also grown in that time considering we're going back 16 or so years.

As for the muiretu, well... my ex wife was rather relaxed about my forum activities and was an amused reader of ToP.      I miss the days when top was a proper cess pit.  No logins, no passwords, you just rocked up and posted whatever was on your mind.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2014, 05:19:54 PM »

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2014, 05:23:57 PM »
Bryan, those were good days, when the WWW was innocent. You didn't have spammers flooding the net. The internet these days.. you go when you have to. Avoid most sites because they're not legit.

Online gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2014, 12:46:08 PM »
there are different groups of people and based on where one belongs he or she will know my activities online .... generally except very liberal views on sex/marriage relationship, I usually share most of my thoughts online and offline to those close to me .... sometimes I have to resist the urge to comment on some issues on TV given the mood in the house but can click it away

had always though anonymity should give people a chance to escape their silly cocoons but seems most of us are shitty cowards who can't fathom operating from such nonsense even with imagined or real anonymity
Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one ~ Thomas Paine