Author Topic: This Simon Chelugui - Guy knows about water - He should pick where Karua left  (Read 1475 times)

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
Karua was able to transform the sector by implementing the Water Act 2002. This is the technical do person needed in the sector.

He indicated it is possible to bring down the cost of boreholes from 7m to around 1.5m, a figure his firm charges on average - though the tenderpreneurs were watching an am sure they have already paid him a visit.

Also he should be able to do something about management of the water companies. With a pliable parliament and senate it is possible to sort out the friction between governors and the water companies directors.

Once he ensures the dams in the pipeline are complete, we can then start asking hard question on amount of rainfall as a result of deforestation along the water towers. Aberdare and Mt Kenya are now bare!!

The water and sewerage situation in all these unplanned urban slums all over the country needs serious consideration - Juja, Kitengela,

Let's whether his loss to the Gideon fool is a blessing to Kenyans.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
I am not sure if Karua did anything except give us plethora of water companies. We need mega dams. We are doing so badly in watsan it very shameful. I mean what so hard in supplying water to every household in kenya? We are nearly there with electricity - but water - even poor countries beat us.

We need the same investment we have put in energy in the water sectors. It may start with converting those water companies to parastals.

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
I am not sure if Karua did anything except give us plethora of water companies. We need mega dams. We are doing so badly in watsan it very shameful. I mean what so hard in supplying water to every household in kenya? We are nearly there with electricity - but water - even poor countries beat us.

We need the same investment we have put in energy in the water sectors. It may start with converting those water companies to parastals.
How would converting water companies to parastals increase water supply to every home? The water companies  ran properly like omwasco of othaya and mukurweini have managed to connect water to every household willing to pay for water connection. This companies have the incentive to connect every household to increase revenue. The next step is to encourage indoor plumbing and provide sewerage in the towns.  Almost all counties need atleast one dam, in Nyeri kieni in particular needs one.
After electrical fencing of aberdare and Mt. kenya those catchment towers are secure. 

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
There is need for public investment...and you cannot do that with miniature companies that have very little for investment. Most of these WASCO companies are under-funded and have little water operations that are no sustainable except in few places where it's mostly gravity supplied water systems. I suspect Othaya and Murkweini fall into that category - gravity with water supplied every few days. The rest cannot afford to pay power bills leave alone staff salaries..because people pay little for water and there is lot more diversion.

Jubilee mega water projects may change things...but personally I think we need investment worth 200-300B to turn the tide...not little 100m worth of investment in small WASCOs. We need Ndaikinis..that kind of scale....that can supply entire county with enough water...at low cost.

We can only do this if we move away from small WASCOS - limited companies - and have water parastals - that can be funded directly by treasury & can engage Chinese mega contractors.

How would converting water companies to parastals increase water supply to every home? The water companies  ran properly like omwasco of othaya and mukurweini have managed to connect water to every household willing to pay for water connection. This companies have the incentive to connect every household to increase revenue. The next step is to encourage indoor plumbing and provide sewerage in the towns.  Almost all counties need atleast one dam, in Nyeri kieni in particular needs one.
After electrical fencing of aberdare and Mt. kenya those catchment towers are secure. 

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Yup. Warer infrastructure is national (crosscounty) and needs GoK just like power and roads. We should have the equivalents of Kengen and Kplc - probably regional - for this basic service.

There is need for public investment...and you cannot do that with miniature companies that have very little for investment. Most of these WASCO companies are under-funded and have little water operations that are no sustainable except in few places where it's mostly gravity supplied water systems. I suspect Othaya and Murkweini fall into that category - gravity with water supplied every few days. The rest cannot afford to pay power bills leave alone staff salaries..because people pay little for water and there is lot more diversion.

Jubilee mega water projects may change things...but personally I think we need investment worth 200-300B to turn the tide...not little 100m worth of investment in small WASCOs. We need Ndaikinis..that kind of scale....that can supply entire county with enough water...at low cost.

We can only do this if we move away from small WASCOS - limited companies - and have water parastals - that can be funded directly by treasury & can engage Chinese mega contractors.
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Karua was able to transform the sector by implementing the Water Act 2002. This is the technical do person needed in the sector.

He indicated it is possible to bring down the cost of boreholes from 7m to around 1.5m, a figure his firm charges on average - though the tenderpreneurs were watching an am sure they have already paid him a visit.

Also he should be able to do something about management of the water companies. With a pliable parliament and senate it is possible to sort out the friction between governors and the water companies directors.

Once he ensures the dams in the pipeline are complete, we can then start asking hard question on amount of rainfall as a result of deforestation along the water towers. Aberdare and Mt Kenya are now bare!!

The water and sewerage situation in all these unplanned urban slums all over the country needs serious consideration - Juja, Kitengela,

Let's whether his loss to the Gideon fool is a blessing to Kenyans.

Why can't it be addressed at the same time or even before?  Nature is not waiting for anybody.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman