Author Topic: Tesla Moves Into Trucking  (Read 2857 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Tesla Moves Into Trucking
« on: November 17, 2017, 06:06:44 PM »
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: Tesla Moves Into Trucking
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 08:24:46 PM »
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 08:59:11 PM »
Agreed on his pushing the envelope.
Smart man. A wee bit too optimistic but nevertheless smart.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 09:02:40 PM »

Robina,
Keep salivating. Just make sure it doesn't show :):). Tesla is the new Uber, except they actually make stuff.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 09:43:13 PM »
Parkerpen, would say Uber is a tech or transport company? How about Airbnb - tech or housing?
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 10:31:02 PM »
Tesla must make  equipment that is cheaper to maintain, otherwise they'll go out cold. In twenty they'll own the biggest lithium battery centers, charging stations, rooftop solar panels, etc.
AirBnB owns no hospitality building yet they are the biggest hotel co.
Uber owns nothing other than the tech people use.
Amazon and Alibaba are the largest retail operators yet own very little 4-corner space.

Robina. Wheres your boasting???

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2017, 05:33:51 PM »
Tesla must make  equipment that is cheaper to maintain, otherwise they'll go out cold. In twenty they'll own the biggest lithium battery centers, charging stations, rooftop solar panels, etc.
AirBnB owns no hospitality building yet they are the biggest hotel co.
Uber owns nothing other than the tech people use.
Amazon and Alibaba are the largest retail operators yet own very little 4-corner space.

Robina. Wheres your boasting???

My word is that they are sales companies. They are quite easy to duplicate. Tesla actually cuts metal. There is no proper invention since Einstein even in space. I hope at some point in the near future we will have teleports and time engineering.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2017, 07:47:18 PM »
My excitement in Musk is his pushing the envelope. He forces an innovation race. It's what we need.

I agree that's good.  I wish he could put his envelope pushing energies into quantum computing.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2017, 12:57:11 PM »

that's gay as f. who's gonna drive that? i personally would fear for my safety driving that on some lonely highway.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2017, 08:11:50 PM »
Ooh veri. I agree there's no pressing urgency for hunky semis but what the heck!

Canadian grocery chain orders 25 Tesla electric Semi trucks

https://techcrunch.com/2017/11/18/canadian-grocery-chain-orders-25-tesla-electric-semi-trucks/

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2017, 08:22:53 PM »
I kind of fear trucks that can go from 0-100km/h in 5 secs on our roads. :D

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2017, 12:08:51 PM »
Ooh veri. I agree there's no pressing urgency for hunky semis but what the heck!

Canadian grocery chain orders 25 Tesla electric Semi trucks

https://techcrunch.com/2017/11/18/canadian-grocery-chain-orders-25-tesla-electric-semi-trucks/

This jama copy-cats all his concepts from the late Steve Jobs... I noticed all of his designs revolve around iphones.

Problem is these industries thrive on experience and not quackery.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2017, 12:09:45 PM »
Concept vehicles are so common it's no joke. Check out Volvo's 2050 concept truck.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2017, 12:31:05 PM »
This one's by Nikola...

http://performancedrive.com.au/top-10-wild-visions-trucking-future-1800/

oh, Walmart have their own ? perhaps Elon forgot to mention the 6500 trucks Walmart uses... as opposed to the dozen he donated...

what I noticed about Elon groupies - they are disenfranchised iphones. They're just so not happy with Apple at the moment... so they've latched onto their next Messiah - Elon. To them iphones were the best smart phones in the world because it was marketed by Apple, nevermind the fact HTC were the first makers of smart phones and their ingenuity even now kick an iphone's sorry butt. You think an iphone copycat Elon can compete with experience and history? trucks come from the industrial revolution, wartime, NAZIs, this is dark history and Elon just hasn't spilt enough blood to get past more than a gimmick.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2017, 02:09:18 PM »
veri i agree Musk's is a cult. He took over from Steve Jobs as an expert marketer with the "real-life Iron Man", etc - personality branding. He has fan pages and groups on reddit and google circles 8) This is why analysts struggle to comprehend a 1% of market company beats GM in value. Mary Barra hates Elon - if you look closely at her interviews you will see her frustration - she says Tesla gets a free pass for incompetence.

Personally I don't see anything creative in auto designs. The electric and safety is what is useful. I am the sole objective Musk fan. :)