Author Topic: Windy come here  (Read 1193 times)

Online Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Windy come here
« on: November 01, 2017, 01:14:41 AM »
On the Mueller investigations into the Trump campaigners dalliances with the Russians. Forgive my ignorance but is it illegal for POTUS candidates to talk to foreign governments? Is it just the POTUS candidates or are governors, senators, etc also forbidden? How about incumbents - Trump is surely talking to the Russians right now, no? Does this rule just apply to "hostile" regimes like sanctioned Russia or also to the Europeans, Japs, etc?

Yes I know how it sounds. I imagine Kenyan PORK candidates receive all kinds of hefty handouts from foreigners. Systems apart.

Trump-Russia inquiry heats up as three key aides indicted
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/oct/30/paul-manafort-robert-mueller-donald-trump-russia-inquiry
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Windy come here
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 03:27:44 AM »
That's some tricky legal area.  I think the jurisprudence is still maturing the founding fathers never having imagined anything remotely like a Trump jumping through all the hoops to the White House. 

There is talking with foreign governments, and there is colluding with them for opposition research.  The former is not a big deal, and in fact it might be a common practice for candidates with good chances of winning.  The latter borders on treason.  But that is just my layman's opinion.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Online Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: Windy come here
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 07:58:46 AM »
I see. I wonder how practical it is to prove collusion given the secretive nature of the subject. The Wikileaks founder Julian Assange is wanted by the US for espionage... yet he is a key cog in dissemination of the "research" on Hillary Clinton and the Democrats. The beneficiary of Mr Assange's actions being in the White House raises a serious conflict of interest question. I wonder how this will end.
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels