Author Topic: What Will Happen if Raila Does NOT Run  (Read 10854 times)

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
What Will Happen if Raila Does NOT Run
« on: September 19, 2017, 01:48:19 AM »
A new full fledged election would have to be called. Raila has Uhuru by the balls.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: What Will Happen if Raila Does NOT Run
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 02:12:12 AM »
SCOK has wisely taken maximum time to finalize the ruling.  This has given them an opportunity to survey the landscape, the players and potential pitfalls.  Me thinks the ruling will hammer IEBC/jubilee into proper shape to hold an election that satisfies the requirements of the constitution and the law. 

I don't rule out the entity trying to openly defy the ruling though; they are still in defiance of the court order on their servers.  It's obvious for one reason or another the jubilant loathes his chances in an open verifiable contest.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 03:45:22 AM »
We are deep in a constitutional crisis and i suspect it's all by design. SCOK ordered fresh election, Chebukati and his buffoon knew they had to conduct nomination within 30 days then go for elections instead they decided to monkey around and bury their heads in the sand. Now we are running down the clock but as soon as 60 days are over that's when Kenyans will see dust

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 03:56:30 AM »
Chebukati now wishes he did not allow Ruto to intimidate him into prematurely announcing the results and should have taken his maximum 7 days. This supreme court has balls-they refused to attend the opening of the parliament. Maybe this is the beginning of the end of mediocrity and government officials start taking  their jobs seriously.  If IEBC is hammered proper then there is not going to be an election on 10/17/2017. Heck, there may not be an election in 60 days.  Caretaker government like secession is starting to be mentioned by  mainstream folks.

SCOK has wisely taken maximum time to finalize the ruling.  This has given them an opportunity to survey the landscape, the players and potential pitfalls.  Me thinks the ruling will hammer IEBC/jubilee into proper shape to hold an election that satisfies the requirements of the constitution and the law. 

I don't rule out the entity trying to openly defy the ruling though; they are still in defiance of the court order on their servers.  It's obvious for one reason or another the jubilant loathes his chances in an open verifiable contest.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 04:36:19 AM »
Keep hope alive. SCOK judgement will be out today or tomorrow. And my bet it's so lame it taken them 21 days trying to find fillers and justify their moronic decision.

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 06:24:22 AM »
Precisely,  the civilian coup was carried out by the kalejin mafia no wonder they never showed up at scok. You have to wonder what's in it for Ruto that elections have become a matter of life or death
Chebukati now wishes he did not allow Ruto to intimidate him into prematurely announcing the results and should have taken his maximum 7 days. This supreme court has balls-they refused to attend the opening of the parliament. Maybe this is the beginning of the end of mediocrity and government officials start taking  their jobs seriously.  If IEBC is hammered proper then there is not going to be an election on 10/17/2017. Heck, there may not be an election in 60 days.  Caretaker government like secession is starting to be mentioned by  mainstream folks.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2017, 06:26:59 AM »
Not likely, Maraga knows the Jubilee attack dogs and propaganda machinery  are waiting, so they are not going to come back with something mediocre.  They also know this case will set a new precedent in Kenya and maybe be cited in the commonwealth courts.

Keep hope alive. SCOK judgement will be out today or tomorrow. And my bet it's so lame it taken them 21 days trying to find fillers and justify their moronic decision.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2017, 06:40:13 AM »

Tons of wisdom in rendering a judgement retrospectively
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2017, 06:43:59 AM »
The whole world is waiting.This is unprecedented decision in Africa. It sure doesn't look like a slam duck if it taken 21 days to write it up and if they is long rap-sheet to IEBC - they've lost crucial 21 days. If you read their summaries and the dissenting - you can tell where the meat is - transmission of results - we look forward to read this - I am very intrigued by their decision to cancel election. Unless there were hidden evidence - I remain convinced this was stupid move by the four. Their stupidity will be manifested when in repeat election - Uhuru extend his led.

If you check the way political realignment has been going - it's obvious everyone knows who won - and who lost. SCOK judges just wanted to make a name for themselves and proof an election can be annuled. Which is good for our democracy coz next time folks will not fear to go to court. That is all the positive I see in this. 100B to just proof to an election loser that presidential election can be annulled.

Not likely, Maraga knows the Jubilee attack dogs and propaganda machinery  are waiting, so they are not going to come back with something mediocre.  They also know this case will set a new precedent in Kenya and maybe be cited in the commonwealth courts.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2017, 12:21:55 PM »
The days you used to make educated guesses are long behind you. You supported a 2013 judgement which you keep waving over our heads even as it creates more problems even today.

The issue here is: Are you aware that if Raila refuses to run there will be no election on the 17th and that a properly FRESH election would have to be done? Or do you want me to take you through the legal steps one by one?

I posted an article by an Uthamaki Damu advocate which said that (albeit with a tongue tied down by a ten ton stone) but you did not seem to pick up - most likely on account of excessive alcohol consumption brought on by the Mass Panic in the Ruto camp. Now read it and learn your ABC.

I hope you can now understand why I keep telling you to differentiate between what NASA / Raila is saying and what Jubilee/Ruto is claiming NASA is saying. Now you know Raila alone determines if there will be an election on 17th or March/ April 2018
IWINJO????
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2017, 02:39:15 PM »
Now you're a constitutional lawyer. Save it.
The days you used to make educated guesses are long behind you. You supported a 2013 judgement which you keep waving over our heads even as it creates more problems even today.

The issue here is: Are you aware that if Raila refuses to run there will be no election on the 17th and that a properly FRESH election would have to be done? Or do you want me to take you through the legal steps one by one?

I posted an article by an Uthamaki Damu advocate which said that (albeit with a tongue tied down by a ten ton stone) but you did not seem to pick up - most likely on account of excessive alcohol consumption brought on by the Mass Panic in the Ruto camp. Now read it and learn your ABC.

I hope you can now understand why I keep telling you to differentiate between what NASA / Raila is saying and what Jubilee/Ruto is claiming NASA is saying. Now you know Raila alone determines if there will be an election on 17th or March/ April 2018
IWINJO????

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2017, 04:17:17 PM »
When you are done with cheap matusi please here is the question:

1. Are you aware that if Raila chooses NOT to run, as fresh election would have to be held?
2. Raila alone determines if any election will be held under the 60 day period?
3. Unless Maraga and company vacate the silly 2013 judgment that you praise daily 1 & 2 are guaranteed?

The matter of constitutional lawyers having the monopoly to interpret the constitution was put to rest eons ago. You must have been in a drunken coma when it happened.

Offline Kadame7

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2017, 04:22:40 PM »
When you are done with cheap matusi please here is the question:

1. Are you aware that if Raila chooses NOT to run, as fresh election would have to be held?
2. Raila alone determines if any election will be held under the 60 day period?
3. Unless Maraga and company vacate the silly 2013 judgment that you praise daily 1 & 2 are guaranteed?

The matter of constitutional lawyers having the monopoly to interpret the constitution was put to rest eons ago. You must have been have been in a drunken coma when it happened.

The constitution can be interpreted even by non lawyers. Really anyone with logic who can read can interpret that document for the most part. It was made so deliberately. Remember the civic education before the referendum where everyone got a copy and people in shags were sitting under trees to understand it? It has no unnecessary legalese. Its language is simple and plain.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2017, 04:29:24 PM »
Here is one by a "Constitutional Lawyer". You will love it because he is also an Uthamaki advocate with may years of sponsored litigation targeting Raila, ODM and anything that might undermine Uthamaki hold on power... Kibe Mungai

Let me save you the trouble of doing what you hate - reading - by just posting the relevant portion. If you find it interesting then you may read the rest:
Likewise, if the procedure under Article 138 is not followed, then the foreseeable political future of Kenya rests in the hands of Raila as there would be no constitutional basis for Kenya to have a legitimate President without going through the rigours of an election.
Quote from: Kibe Mungai
Likewise, if the procedure under Article 138 is not followed, then the foreseeable political future of Kenya rests in the hands of Raila as there would be no constitutional basis for Kenya to have a legitimate President without going through the rigours of an election.

- The writer is a constitutional lawyer: kibemungai@yahoo.com

The Arap Moi Rag

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2017, 04:40:43 PM »
Ohoo keep quoting Kibe. Uhuru will continue as PORK until another pork is elected. And there will be election whether raila likes or not. If you have constitution that forces us to have raila - go ahead and tell him to write to IEBC formaly withradwing.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2017, 04:44:34 PM »
If elections is not held within 60 days, ouru's authority/legitimacy is done and a caretaker should take over. If he stays in power by force then whatever he does is none binding and will be declared unconstitutional by the court.

Ohoo keep quoting Kibe. Uhuru will continue as PORK until another pork is elected. And there will be election whether raila likes or not. If you have constitution that forces us to have raila - go ahead and tell him to write to IEBC formaly withradwing.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2017, 05:05:31 PM »
His problem is to grab on to something you have NOT said and try to stuff it in your mouth.
If elections is not held within 60 days, ouru's authority/legitimacy is done and a caretaker should take over. If he stays in power by force then whatever he does is none binding and will be declared unconstitutional by the court.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2017, 07:56:01 PM »
It would depend on how "Raila does NOT run"

1) He writes to IEBC to withdraw his candidature - Uhuru is declared automatic winner like Kikuyu MP Kimani Ichung'wa
2) He asks his supporters to boycot the elections - Uhuru wins by a very big margin

Either scenario could be peaceful or violent. Kibe's take - that the 2013 decision on re-run candidates was non-binding - can only be sanctioned by the same SCOK. What became of Ekuru's case - will it be decided tomorrow as well?

What would be Raila's motivation here? The IEBC would conduct the elections regardless of who the candidates are. More reforms? Or NASA can front Madvd-Kalonzo - in fresh nominations - this I would like to see :)
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline Kadame7

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2017, 08:08:47 PM »

1) He writes to IEBC to withdraw his candidature - Uhuru is declared automatic winner like Kikuyu MP Kimani Ichung'wa
2) He asks his supporters to boycot the elections - Uhuru wins by a very big margin
Not sure about that.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2017, 08:09:23 PM »
You are TOTALLY wrong.

Either scenario could be peaceful or violent. Kibe's take - that the 2013 decision on re-run candidates was non-binding - can only be sanctioned by the same SCOK. What became of Ekuru's case - will it be decided tomorrow as well?

What would be Raila's motivation here? The IEBC would conduct the elections regardless of who the candidates are. More reforms? Or NASA can front Madvd-Kalonzo - in fresh nominations - this I would like to see :)