Author Topic: NASWA vs Safran & IEBC  (Read 4377 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
NASWA vs Safran & IEBC
« on: September 17, 2017, 01:03:52 PM »

2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
Re: NASWA vs Safran & IEBC
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 06:10:43 PM »
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Kadame7

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 06:19:21 PM »
What I don't get is this. They say they will sue for damage to their reputation. But the logs obtained by court order FROM IEBC indicate a number of things they deny: like they deny that there was any unauthorized access. How? Chebukati's own memo complained of that very thing.

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2017, 06:59:42 PM »
What I don't get is this. They say they will sue for damage to their reputation. But the logs obtained by court order FROM IEBC indicate a number of things they deny: like they deny that there was any unauthorized access. How? Chebukati's own memo complained of that very thing.

I think the French are just being factual.  We need to remember that wakina chirchir and others had bona-fide user accounts created for their access.  There was no unauthorised access to the systems ie hacking as we know it.

Chebukati's account was real created by iebc sys administrators.  Only that he didn't know.  Chebukati asked the correct question....

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2017, 07:08:12 PM »
NASWA has gone after all nane nane contractors and alleged perpetrators of this treasonous act. Is this sufficient to dissuade a significant proportion of the country from voting on 17th of next month?

30 days to get a new printer and EVID supplier as well as configuring KIEMS afresh.....
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kadame7

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2017, 07:15:30 PM »
NASWA has gone after all nane nane contractors and alleged perpetrators of this treasonous act. Is this sufficient to dissuade a significant proportion of the country from voting on 17th of next month?

30 days to get a new printer and EVID supplier as well as configuring KIEMS afresh.....
It doesnt matter what those guys will do. They might as well fill up for NASA online. You can only plan and choose for yourself. If NASA refuses elections most people wont vote bevause it is a two horse race, so why bother? Uhuru will "win" and be sworn in and NASA can continue with their own agenda. Personally Im ok because this is what I wanted. I did NOT want either a nusumkate situation or a simple redo of 8/8 with only difference being date and number of candidates.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2017, 07:25:25 PM »

I think the French are just being factual.  We need to remember that wakina chirchir and others had bona-fide user accounts created for their access.  There was no unauthorised access to the systems ie hacking as we know it.

Chebukati's account was real created by iebc sys administrators.  Only that he didn't know.  Chebukati asked the correct question....

Yep.  They can be entirely factual.  It all depends on what they are trying to answer. They are not trying to answer what happened to the 40,883 KIEMS kits metadata.  They can just stick to the narrow technical definition of hacking, rather than the loose one we are using that says shit was manipulated in those systems, and they'd be right.  That said, it seems the irony is lost on them about the value of a self audit and clearance.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2017, 07:30:56 PM »

It doesnt matter what those guys will do. They might as well fill up for NASA online. You can only plan and choose for yourself. If NASA refuses elections most people wont vote bevause it is a two horse race, so why bother? Uhuru will "win" and be sworn in and NASA can continue with their own agenda. Personally Im ok because this is what I wanted. I did NOT want either a nusumkate situation or a simple redo of 8/8 with only difference being date and number of candidates.
I don't understand what you just said

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2017, 08:09:14 PM »
They know they can't win so idea is to try nusu mkate.Uhuru should refuse to engage.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2017, 09:28:40 PM »
To be fair to Safran, the demands to open up the servers was made to IEBC so before NASWA accuses them of sabotage they need clear evidence that IEBC submitted the court orders to them and they failed to respond on reasonable time

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2017, 09:49:54 PM »
True, they are being "factually clever". All they are saying is that this was an IEBC "inside job", and we have nothing to do with it.

Offline Kadame7

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2017, 11:01:47 PM »

Yaani, I don't want nusu mkate nor elections that are exactly like the 8/8 elections in all but date and no. of candidates. What I expect to happen re your question is this: if NASA adamantly refuse to participate, most people from most of the country won't turn up. Not necessarily because they love NASA but because it'll be pointless, this being a two-horse race. They may decide to top up votes again just to make the turn out seem bigger but it won't really matter. Uhuru will "win" and be sworn in. Then NASA can continue to push their agenda. I am very much at peace with this.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2017, 11:16:48 PM »
Exactly.  There is really nothing NASA would gain by going into an election without reforms.  NASA's job is to reform the electoral system. How long it takes does not matter but this country will not do business as usually until IEBC is reformed and a legitimate president is elected.

So,  Jubiliee can refuse reforms if they wish but there will be no elections; they can swear in ouru as an illegitimate president if they wish. NASA will keep on campaigning for a reform of IEBC, for free and fair elections until we get one. There will be no legitimate president in Kenya until IEBC cleans its house up.  The sooner they do it the better for everybody. One of the lessons  Jubilee will learn is that democracy is more than stealing money,  buying a majority of legislatures and rigging elections. Its more complicated and requires humility.

Yaani, I don't want nusu mkate nor elections that are exactly like the 8/8 elections in all but date and no. of candidates. What I expect to happen re your question is this: if NASA adamantly refuse to participate, most people from most of the country won't turn up. Not necessarily because they love NASA but because it'll be pointless, this being a two-horse race. They may decide to top up votes again just to make the turn out seem bigger but it won't really matter. Uhuru will "win" and be sworn in. Then NASA can continue to push their agenda. I am very much at peace with this.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2017, 07:23:31 AM »

I think boycotting won't sell or make NASWA smart.
The petition is sort of a precedent that irregularities and illegsties can be flushed out and invalidate an election. So why would they be apprehensive over the same? They cheat , they lose again at SCOK.If one loses in a subsequent election and fails to file a petition, or files and loses, the natural  assumption would be they lost fairly

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2017, 10:02:58 AM »
Precisely. If they believe in SCOK; let them go again back to the same court. So participate and get rigged out and ran back. Magara and his gang of four fools will regret this.

Offline Kadame7

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2017, 11:32:05 AM »

The petition is sort of a precedent that irregularities and illegsties can be flushed out and invalidate an election. So why would they be apprehensive over the same? They cheat , they lose again at SCOK.If one loses in a subsequent election and fails to file a petition, or files and loses, the natural  assumption would be they lost fairly
But whose natural assumption? I'm sure there are many who think this way yet I know there are many who think it is insane to participate in an election run by this same body with the exact same staff and set-up without basic reforms. From Pundit's comment, its clear that many see that no reforms mean a never-ending circus. Whats the point of a petition if you head out, rinse and repeat? That may be a satisfying state of affairs for "many" but I also know it is ludicrous to many others too. Kila mtu na starehe zake, or I should say, na agenda zake. There is not one good reason under the sun for a person who complained of rigging, petitioned the court and got a whole bunch of smelly stuff exposed, to then head to a repeat of the exact same set-up. Raila would actually seem very dumb if he did that and even if he cried rigging thereafter it would not carry sympathies when he did it without insisting that the wrong things be fixed first.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2017, 12:22:06 PM »

But whose natural assumption? I'm sure there are many who think this way yet I know there are many who think it is insane to participate in an election run by this same body with the exact same staff and set-up without basic reforms. From Pundit's comment, its clear that many see that no reforms mean a never-ending circus. Whats the point of a petition if you head out, rinse and repeat? That may be a satisfying state of affairs for "many" but I also know it is ludicrous to many others too. Kila mtu na starehe zake, or I should say, na agenda zake. There is not one good reason under the sun for a person who complained of rigging, petitioned the court and got a whole bunch of smelly stuff exposed, to then head to a repeat of the exact same set-up. Raila would actually seem very dumb if he did that and even if he cried rigging thereafter it would not carry sympathies when he did it without insisting that the wrong things be fixed first.
They are not repeating under the 'same set up'. That's a fat myth.
Not accommodating NASWA whining and EACH of their demands doesn't amount to 'same setup' by any stretch of imagination...but I understand that's a convenient narrative in some quarters

Offline Kadame7

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2017, 12:24:24 PM »
So what is different?

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2017, 12:26:30 PM »
So what is different?
Dialogue.....sensible dialogue

I shared here IEBC's ideas
http://www.nipate.org/index.php?topic=5482.0

Offline Kadame7

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2017, 12:28:17 PM »
So what is different?
Dialogue.....sensible dialogue

I shared here IEBC's ideas
????? Dialogue? Thats whats different about this elections? :o Wow.

vooke, that link happened before the bonding tetreat with Chiloba and crew, whose answers to the memo only they know.