Author Topic: Museveni Shoots For Life  (Read 3352 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Museveni Shoots For Life
« on: September 13, 2017, 12:49:25 PM »
He got rid of term limits.  Then he ran into age limits.  That's now on its way out.  He just has to be President.
Legislators from Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni's party on Tuesday agreed to introduce a law to remove an age limit from the country's constitution, potentially allowing him to extend his rule, two lawmakers told Reuters.

The East African country's existing constitution bars anyone over 75 from standing as a presidential candidate. Museveni, 73, is already one of Africa's longest-serving rulers and has been in charge for more than three decades. The next elections are due in 2021.

http://ow.ly/94lC30f77M4
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
Re: Museveni Shoots For Life
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 01:06:42 PM »
Clearly those legislators are not ambitious.  Who votes to allow their boss a job for life and therefore blocking their own career path? 

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 01:43:28 PM »
I thought M7 is prepping his son the Army Commander for handover. Like that Teodoro Obiang guy whose son is the 1st VP  :D
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 06:06:30 PM »
With oil coming online no way m7 will quit.Bob is going into 100 and still functioning. M7 still has two more decades beforeore handing over to the son

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 06:13:29 PM »
Uhuru too wants to preside over oil theft and some fool from Sugoi thinks he will be "given" power. The hope of Kenya is for Raila to send Uhuru and the Kenyatta Family home.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 06:37:45 PM »
It's okay if Uhuru want 10 more that mean Ruto get 20 ...oops 40...coz it always going to be coalition.The 50% threshold mean any party has to share the pie.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 07:59:00 PM »
Museveni tasted power and it was good. He will do anything to keep it.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2017, 08:33:12 PM »
Even in Kenya we should have a clause on the number of times one can run for president or governor. This would stop people from running for president at 80 - clinging to regional leadership is not different from what M7 is doing. Nyanza is a small Uganda. Imagine if Bob Dole, Al Gore, John Kerry were still trying to be POTUS? Africans are not civilized.
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2017, 08:38:33 PM »
Even in Kenya we should have a clause on the number of times one can run for president or governor. This would stop people from running for president at 80 - clinging to regional leadership is not different from what M7 is doing. Nyanza is a small Uganda. Imagine if Bob Dole, Al Gore, John Kerry were still trying to be POTUS? Africans are not civilized.

Power is like cocaine. Its addictive. One has to be a Mandela know the limits.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2017, 09:19:53 PM »
Robina. I guess attacking Raila even in the most ridiculous way is the right of passage to being a jubilate.  We have to be able to distinguish between law and politics. We are talking here about constitutional presidential term limits and then you see an opportunity to use the standard Jubilee attack line to pour vitriol at Raila.  Even Obama can run again in 2020 if he wishes. The usa constitution says NO to two consecutive terms but the court is yet to rule on a candidate because given the politics of the USA no one has tried either because of personal reasons or they think they cannot win.  I do not think the people you mentioned had a chance of winning even if they tried. I am sure when someone feels they can win, they will try. Mitt Romney seriously explored the possibility of running but his pollsters told him he had no chance. Compare that to Raila who was the only threat to Ouru according to all polls.

"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2017, 10:40:29 PM »
No - the Americans are civilized that's the difference. Raila is a great kingmaker if only he was not power-hungry. A real democrat should give way for other leaders and ideas, instead everyone must toe the line. Even Kalonzo has to be forcefully ejected from the Kamba throne because he thinks it is a personal asset :o Noone in Kenya is a proper democrat.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2017, 06:19:20 PM »
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2017, 09:43:18 PM »
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2017, 02:33:55 AM »

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2017, 04:16:11 PM »

Yep.  He looks around the neighborhood, sees Mugabe and says that is what he needs.  Quantum theory is a "very crazy" and accurate representation of reality.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2017, 10:41:51 PM »

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2017, 11:32:27 PM »

Yep.  He looks around the neighborhood, sees Mugabe and says that is what he needs.  Quantum theory is a "very crazy" and accurate representation of reality.

M7's comfort stems from the world's drama fatigue at present. Besides his guerilla heritage. It boils down to evolution - what is to be gained by clocking 30 years on the throne?

Yeah.  He knows that the responsibility to protect(also known as saving some people from themselves) concept that Kofi Annan created is on its last legs. 

Harriet Tubman

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2017, 01:03:24 PM »
I was reading the Constitution of Uganda (which Aukot plagiarized to a word!) and found it is going to be a steep mountain for Yoweeri Museveni to amend it. He is facing a revolt from some within his own party thus denying him the numbers to create a new Kingdom for himself

... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2017, 02:37:54 PM »
Its about time Ugandans stand up to this dictator.

I was reading the Constitution of Uganda (which Aukot plagiarized to a word!) and found it is going to be a steep mountain for Yoweeri Museveni to amend it. He is facing a revolt from some within his own party thus denying him the numbers to create a new Kingdom for himself

"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza