Author Topic: Election 2017 Post Ruling Petitions Catch all Thread  (Read 2364 times)

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
Election 2017 Post Ruling Petitions Catch all Thread
« on: September 04, 2017, 03:46:25 PM »
Following the earth shaking ruling by the Good Judge....

So far:

(source rafiki from over yonder)

MANDERA (N. Eastern) for All positions

Governor
Senator
MP Mandera North

Governor Petitions

Wavinya Ndeti (Against Dr. Mutua)
Martha Karua
Issa Timmy (Governship Lamu) - Jubilee rigged that one.
Peter Munya (Has confirmed he is petitioning) + Senator will also petition.

Na mambo bado.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
Re: Election 2017 Petitions Catch all Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 03:56:12 PM »

I do not know what's going on with Kidero but he is one of the 54 and should be filling.  IR was too quick to concede and he can forget filling.

So far:

Governor
Senator
MP Mandera North

Governor Petitions

Martha Karua

Na mambo bado.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 04:02:13 PM »

I do not know what's going on with Kidero but he is one of the 54 and should be filling.  IR was too quick to concede and he can forget filling.

Surely the landscape has changed so much as to make it possible for IR to approach the court having been ripped off by Laboso's gang.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 04:07:37 PM »
He was in a very tough situation because Ouruto applied maximum political pressure on him and he buckled under pressure. He was clearly a victim of the 54%.

Surely the landscape has changed so much as to make it possible for IR to approach the court having been ripped off by Laboso's gang.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2017, 04:20:09 PM »
Kidero publicly conceded and congratulated Sonko. This is problematic for 2 reasons: 1) court would take that as partial evidence of fairness 2)re-run audiences would be reminded he conceded

♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: Election 2017 Post Ruling Petitions Catch all Thread
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2017, 04:27:09 PM »
In Lamu NASA cannibalized itself just like it did in so many other places. I am still outraged.

Jubilee  46.57%
Amani   45.45%
Wiper     5.04%
ODM      2.20%

So far:

Governor
Senator
MP Mandera North

Governor Petitions

Martha Karua

Na mambo bado.
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2017, 04:29:52 PM »
Exactly. That is why there was too much pressure being placed on them to concede.  However, in light of new evidence, one can still convince the court that they were robbed.  The problem with Kidero is that I do not see too many people concerned about his loss.

Kidero publicly conceded and congratulated Sonko. This is problematic for 2 reasons: 1) court would take that as partial evidence of fairness 2)re-run audiences would be reminded he conceded

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2017, 04:32:50 PM »
Its not easy putting a coalition together and convincing politicians with huge egos to work together.  This is why when Pundit assumes that Ruto will be able to take over GEMA leadership smoothly from Ouru in 2022, I laugh.

In Lamu NASA cannibalized itself just like it did in so many other places. I am still outraged.

Jubilee  46.57%
Amani   45.45%
Wiper     5.04%
ODM      2.20%

So far:

Governor
Senator
MP Mandera North

Governor Petitions

Martha Karua

Na mambo bado.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2017, 04:51:08 PM »
It is obviously not easy so you end up with Munyas, Ruttos, Gideons, etc - a few rebels who were cut lose. A place like Lamu Uhuru literally denied greedy kikuyus the governor and senator tickets after they selfishly refused to see bigger the picture. He asked them to form their own parties or go independent. This is both now and 2013 (zoning). What stopped NASA from zoning? -we are not talking expensive merger. The principals own the parties so it is not rocket science. In 2013 as now CORD principals softened and ended up with a minority in parliament.

For any successful petitions, NASA should strictly hold joint primaries in the most popular party in the county. Rebels can take a hike.

Its not easy putting a coalition together and convincing politicians with huge egos to work together.  This is why when Pundit assumes that Ruto will be able to take over GEMA leadership smoothly from Ouru in 2022, I laugh.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2017, 04:56:57 PM »
Its even harder if you do not have the government.  It would have been impossible for Ouruto to do Jubilee if they were out of power. If they lose this coming election, you will see jubilee falling apart.

It is obviously not easy so you end up with Munyas, Ruttos, Gideons, etc - a few rebels who were cut lose. A place like Lamu Uhuru literally denied greedy kikuyus the governor and senator tickets after they selfishly refused to see bigger the picture. He asked them to form their own parties or go independent. This is both now and 2013 (zoning). What stopped NASA from zoning? -we are not talking expensive merger. The principals own the parties so it si not rocket science.

For any successful petitions, NASA should strictly hold joint primaries in the most popular party in the county. Rebels should simply take a hike.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2017, 05:14:37 PM »
Nothing to do with serikali... noone is asking them to dish out millions to merge. It is all about strategy and determination.

In 2013 Uhuruto zoned. No billions or state machineries were needed. Between 2008-2012, Uhuru, Ruto & Kalonzo (KKK) beat popular ODM by picking the best candidate by consensus. Uhuru would simply refuse to clear KANU candidates to the chagrin of Gideon... who called for his ouster for betraying the party.  In short he could see the bigger picture.  This happened in Nairobi, Kajiado, Kisii, name it. Kalonzo of course believed he was the next PORK :)

But now in 2017 you are giving me excuses... you should be outraged.

Its even harder if you do not have the government.  It would have been impossible for Ouruto to do Jubilee if they were out of power. If they lose this coming election, you will see jubilee falling apart.

Offline Kadame7

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2017, 06:48:37 PM »
Exactly. That is why there was too much pressure being placed on them to concede.  However, in light of new evidence, one can still convince the court that they were robbed.  The problem with Kidero is that I do not see too many people concerned about his loss.

I think you are both wrong. The law has basically been rewritten since the time they conceded: "free and fair" has taken on a different, more profound meaning. I doubt judges are going to be prejudicing anyone for conceding under an old legal precedent that defined different standards for overturning elections. Even if a judge heard evidence on the concession, I have my doubts it would bear any significant weight on the decision.

Why I think they shouldn't bother is two reasons. We all know Isaac wouldn't win and Kidero's reign is no asset to NASA, Nairobi or anyone.

Offline Kadame7

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2017, 11:09:43 PM »
http://www.nation.co.ke/news/politics/17-governors-face-court-battles-as-losers-file-petitions-/1064-4085594-ei49rj/index.html

So, basically, 33 MPs, 4 senators, 17 governors, and the rest are mostly MCAs, and I guess maybe a few women's reps.