Author Topic: When the country falls apart.. where would you go ?  (Read 1956 times)

Offline veritas

• Enigma
When the country falls apart.. where would you go ?
« on: August 13, 2017, 08:42:58 AM »
https://xmovies8.ru/movie/the-mist-season-1-2017/

I'm watching "The Mist" right now. Available at this link.

I'm undecided between a mall and a hospital. Mall because obviously- ample provisions and likely a pharmacy. A hospital for medical emergencies and hospital cafeterias tend to be well stocked.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: When the country falls apart.. where would you go ?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 02:12:36 PM »
Mall any day.. there's always crackles and stuff. What has rattled you - riggers or Charlottesville?
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 02:42:01 PM »
Life.

It's hardened my soul.

Why is it that the bad guys always win?

It feels like every kindness, goodness and purity in this world, is just a fleeting taste that never lasts.

Have you seen this?

I mean honestly, how long has RAO+NASA been fighting for good? For justice, for democracy, for transparency, for Kenyans, for good. It just seems the bad guys get stronger with time. It's not like the movies- not at all. 

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 02:58:33 PM »
The bad guys don't win.. they just are. We need to be "taught", or "brought up" or "instilled" with good manners, kindness, etc - because genetically we are survivalist. That's why the reformers or liberals or inclusionists .. can be so organized but still fail. Like Hillary - she had the clockwork where did it get her?

Nature is anarchist ok? The good must be carved out. Take it easy, walk the park with the dog, do something candlelit, it will be ok.
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 03:07:47 PM »
It used to be the president was a grown up, but Trump thinks like a 9yr old.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 03:40:42 PM »

I could not believe Trump won after all he said and did, but because  the American democracy has very strong institutions, he will be reigned in.  In Zamunda, the bad guys are surrounded by very weak institutions which they will run over like knife through butter.  The opposition will regroup and figure out how to contain them but they will need a little time to do that.  There are  also the  natural causes that have humbled  bad guys since time immemorial. In the end, bad guys are also apprehensive of the future just like everybody else.

The bad guys don't win.. they just are. We need to be "taught", or "brought up" or "instilled" with good manners, kindness, etc - because genetically we are survivalist. That's why the reformers or liberals or inclusionists .. can be so organized but still fail. Like Hillary - she had the clockwork where did it get her?

Nature is anarchist ok? The good must be carved out. Take it easy, walk the park with the dog, do something candlelit, it will be ok.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Kadame6

• Superstar
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2017, 03:55:49 PM »
Life.

It's hardened my soul.

Why is it that the bad guys always win?

It feels like every kindness, goodness and purity in this world, is just a fleeting taste that never lasts.

Have you seen this?

I mean honestly, how long has RAO+NASA been fighting for good? For justice, for democracy, for transparency, for Kenyans, for good. It just seems the bad guys get stronger with time. It's not like the movies- not at all.

Lol! Veri, apparently you have not yet caught Game of Thrones fever :D The "goodiest" guys, House Stark, get beheaded, massacred at weddings, betrayed and stabbed by the loyal soldiers they command ....etc etc.

Anyway, I have had this EXACT conversation with at least 3 people this week: Why is God so unfair? Why does God reward the selfish? Why doesnt he reward the kind? Etc etc

It got really tense at one point.

There's something in us that feels personally betrayed when what we perceive as the good side based on actions loses to the side we perceive as bad. In Kenya its worse because people take it as some sort of divine rubberstamp on one side or divine rejection of the other and throw this in the other side's face.

Offline Kadame6

• Superstar
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2017, 04:03:08 PM »

Hilary clinton may have been the better option, she certainly wasnt good. That sight of her laughing at Ghadaffi's death has never left my mind. I also NEVER forgot her hateful attitude towards Obama when they went toe to toe leading up to 2008.

You can convince me Obama is a nice guy, though I disagree with a lot of things he did as president, I can see they go with the office, he certainly is decent. I will forever rave about Michelle Obama, the DEFINITION of grace, class and eloquence. Bill Clinton is an ok guy, even McCain.

But Hillary? I'm sorry the woman is evil.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2017, 04:15:27 PM »
Veritas

No person has a singular responsibility to keep the country unified. There is no single tribe which has that burden. No Raila and Not Luos.

We are all in one boat - perhaps a refugee boat in the treacherous Mediterranean sea. If one guy keeps drilling a hole in the bottom, being caught stopped and held at bay for a few hours before he finds an escape and promptly resumes the boring... eventually people would get tired.

Either the saboteur would succeed and sink the boat along with everyone or he could be stopped.

... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2017, 04:34:22 PM »
Someone put it succinctly on this forum, I just can't find the link.  It's about pigs.  Pigs love their filth and they thrive in it.  That is "good" for them.  If you look at it from their perspective, it might just start to make sense.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kadame6

• Superstar
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2017, 04:40:02 PM »
Someone put it succinctly on this forum, I just can't find the link.  It's about pigs.  Pigs love their filth and they thrive in it.  That is "good" for them.  If you look at it from their perspective, it might just start to make sense.
I honestly dont get what youre saying here or whose post you're answering.... :o

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2017, 04:46:47 PM »
I honestly dont get what youre saying here or whose post you're answering.... :o

Sorry am on a phone.  This is about bad guys and winning.  I think it's just perspective.  There seems to two sets or types of guys.  Those who for some reason feel empathy for others who may be less fortunate, and others who look down upon the same. 

There are the Warren Buffets, Bill Gates...and there are the Donald Trumps, Mitch McConnells among others.  It could be upbringing.   Maybe just personality traits.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2017, 04:50:36 PM »
Looking for "truths" or "reality" as it exists in other peoples perspectives is interesting but in the end it does not provide one with the answers they are looking for.  The reality is that "truth" or "good" are very fragile and hard to sustain and that is why the people who pursue such causes always end up disappointed, dejected, depressed, demoralized if they are not adequately mentally prepared.  It is like playing rugby while trying to protect an egg in your pockets when the opposite team has nothing to protect.  If you do not want to be disappointed or afraid to lose, do not venture into any struggle for "good" just for its own sake because the chances of succeeding are very small.  It takes men and women of great conviction, character, and resilience to be a truly good guys .  If you want to win most of the time and your conscience allows you, then you need to join the bad guys and your chances of "winning" improves dramatically. The choice is yours.

Offline Kadame6

• Superstar
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2017, 05:15:23 PM »
Wa...Kichwa, that was deeeep. Maybe that's what Jesus meant when he spoke of a hard and narrow path because there are few and an easy and wide path. It is easy enough to be decent in this world but it is hard to fight for big causes where you are going against a system. If people in free Kenya feel this way, I cannot imagine what the thoughts of the enslaved as they sat in their own filth hands chained behind their back in some dingy lower deck on the Atlantic heading to the American markets must have felt. I know now it was plagiarized but when I read Roots in fourth form and much later saw 12 years a slave, I was hit by this same disillusionment you speak of. We dont like to see unfair things going on and "unfair" grossly mischaracterizes what was happening there. Wa.

Termi, Ive noticed the same thing too. The people who look at musfortune in others as some sort of imoral thing. Its weird. Then you have a third thst actually laughs at suffering. 

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2017, 05:32:03 PM »
I count my generation lucky to have witnessed the success of the good guys in the 2nd liberation movement.  We were young and full of energy as we gallantly fought Moi in the nineties culminating in the 2002, 2005 and 2010 elections which brought some but definitely not all of the changes that we yarned for.  2007 was a set back but NARA was inclusive if not perfect and gave us hope. We hoped to continue winning but  2013 and 2017 have been devastating.  I feel bad for the younger generation who were not around for the earlier successes because they have not known success.  My advise to them is not to be intimidated with MOAS and the notion that Ouruto has a lock in power for the next 100 years. I have been around long enough to watch such arrogance collapse overnight.  For those who are faint hearted and want to "win" please join jubilee by all means.  As for  those who want to continue the struggle and fight for a better country, do not be disappointed, stay the cause and keep on agitating for change and calling out evil when it rears its ugly head, which is often.

Wa...Kichwa, that was deeeep. Maybe that's what Jesus meant when he spoke of a hard and narrow path because there are few and an easy and wide path. It is easy enough to be decent in this world but it is hard to fight for big causes where you are going against a system. If people in free Kenya feel this way, I cannot imagine what the thoughts of the enslaved as they sat in their own filth hands chained behind their back in some dingy lower deck on the Atlantic heading to the American markets must have felt. I know now it was plagiarized but when I read Roots in fourth form and much later saw 12 years a slave, I was hit by this same disillusionment you speak of. We dont like to see unfair things going on and "unfair" grossly mischaracterizes what was happening there. Wa.

Termi, Ive noticed the same thing too. The people who look at musfortune in others as some sort of imoral thing. Its weird. Then you have a third thst actually laughs at suffering.

Offline Kadame6

• Superstar
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2017, 05:45:01 PM »
I would never join a side just to "win"...as if it were a sports team where either side morally speaking is the same to you. That whole notion seems weird to me. I mean, you are not really winning if you know you ditched your own values just to SAY you won. Your values are still YOU: even if you ditch sides you can't "win" when what you REALLY want to happen/ when the values that helped you chose sides in the first place don't win. It's like self-deception. For me, if I ever switch a side, I have been convinced by a value I recognize in the side I switch to or realize is missing from the side I was in before.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2017, 06:20:59 PM »
Oh God I love these words of wisdom. So much hope & inspiration. Kichwa I'm inspired. Thank you.

Kadame, I think what Kichwa is alluding to is spiritual. I also agree with Windy's pig analogy in the sense ignorance is bliss.

Kadame, I'd say there are universal values that should be valued by both sides but quite often one side is against those because it doesn't generate profit or survival. Case in point Jubilee. That Kikuyu oath - it's a financial pact.