Author Topic: Jubilee Goes to Court To Stop Publication of Voter Register  (Read 1617 times)

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Who still thinks Jubilee wants free and fair elections?

https://citizentv.co.ke/news/jubilee-in-court-to-stop-case-seeking-compel-iebc-to-publish-voter-register-171673/
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Jubilee Goes to Court To Stop Publication of Voter Register
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 02:12:19 PM »
More court cases..

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 02:52:40 PM »
When the law specifies that something mandatory shall be done 90 days to elections and it is NOT done and there is every request and admonition and the opportunity to do so but it is still NOT done, explain to me why a citizen should not go to court to seek redress?

Note that failure to publish that register and have it inspected is a Voting Day postponement ground or a strong ground to nullify election results.

So while NASA is not keen on it (and not me either) because any delay in elections would give JP an advantage they don't have now, I still can not react to a suit with knee jerk reflexes invariably condemning or insinuating wrong intentions.

More court cases..
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 03:04:08 PM »
That your partisan take. As always I'll wait to hear from IEBC - the umpire in this game.The least I know is that new CORD inspired law - voter register went to the auditor - and the audited clean list goes to parliament - and then it's published.

When the law specifies that something mandatory shall be done 90 days to elections and it is NOT done and there is every request and admonition and the opportunity to do so but it is still NOT done, explain to me why a citizen should not go to court to seek redress?

Note that failure to publish that register and have it inspected is a Voting Day postponement ground or a strong ground to nullify election results.

So while NASA is not keen on it (and not me either) because any delay in elections would give JP an advantage they don't have now, I still can not react to a suit with knee jerk reflexes invariably condemning or insinuating wrong intentions.

More court cases..

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2017, 01:05:54 PM »
What is my partisan view? You are not being clear?

1. Is it my partisan view that the IEBC is required by law to publish the Voter Register withing a stipulated time span? Would you like me to offer the proof of that requirement before you open your mouth to make another accusation?
2. The process you have described:- voter register went to the auditor - and the audited clean list goes to parliament - and then it's published. could you offer ANYTHING to support it?

That your partisan take. As always I'll wait to hear from IEBC - the umpire in this game.The least I know is that new CORD inspired law - voter register went to the auditor - and the audited clean list goes to parliament - and then it's published.

More court cases..

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2017, 05:45:35 PM »
Are they publishing it today or tomorrow? 
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2017, 12:07:10 AM »
Are they publishing it today or tomorrow? 
Ask Pundit. He seems to make himself an expert on things he knows nothing about.