Author Topic: IEBC: No Periodic results, just one final figure  (Read 3534 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
IEBC: No Periodic results, just one final figure
« on: July 25, 2017, 11:08:20 PM »
Means there will be little fanfare at Bomas, nothing literally especially if there will be live and continuous results feed. The idea is, since commissioners can't amend Constituency results, why should they bother releasing (announcing and declaring)them periodically?

But trust NASWA to read mischief in this followed by another court case
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: IEBC: No Periodic results, just one final figure
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 03:56:21 AM »
Means there will be little fanfare at Bomas, nothing literally especially if there will be live and continuous results feed. The idea is, since commissioners can't amend Constituency results, why should they bother releasing (announcing and declaring)them periodically?

But trust NASWA to read mischief in this followed by another court case

He is asking the media not to call the Presidential outcome until IEBC's final declaration.  There is no need to wait if they have the official constituency results in.  After the results of the 290th constituency, everybody will know who IEBC should declare the winner.  Everybody can do addition.  In fact, they should announce it and put the pressure on IEBC to do the correct thing.

That final declaration is nothing more than putting an official stamp on what we will already know.  Chiloba's attempt is to make it seem as if there is more to it.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 04:03:04 AM »
If the electronic result transmission works the media just need to share iebc feed and this will be chicken play.But what matters is who iebc officially announced to have won n issued a certificate with.

Offline Kadame5

• Superstar
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 07:04:23 AM »
Why on earth should anyone wait if constituency results are final as the court said they are? Just an attempt to work around the court's decision. The R.O.'s announcement at the constituency level is IEBC's, per the court's decision. Therefore asking people not to add them  :roll: ....some funny stuff. Honestly, if no one is planning to play with what has been announced at the constituency by the R.O., then there is ZERO reason that anyone should ask anyone else not to anounce it. Honestly, IEBC seems to just be BEGGING to be suspected of all kinds of no-good for God knows what reasons. This seems completely unnecessary and of course suspicious for no reason at all (unless of course, they ARE up to no good).

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 07:11:48 AM »
The fear is a compromised or irresponsible media announcing or tabulating fake results that then differ with iebc leading to claims of rigging.The media should guard against this and put disclaimer that their result is not final...more a projection. Of course if electronic transmission works like it did in 2010 and all by elections this become moot.As soon as results are tallied in polling station it should hit Nairobi at same time as it hits Const Ro.

Offline Kadame5

• Superstar
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 07:21:24 AM »
The fear is a compromised or irresponsible media announcing or tabulating fake results that then differ with iebc leading to claims of rigging.The media should guard against this and put disclaimer that their result is not final...more a projection. Of course if electronic transmission works like it did in 2010 and all by elections this become moot.As soon as results are tallied in polling station it should hit Nairobi at same time as it hits Const Ro.
All the media is "compromised and irresponsible"? They are not one unit that speaks with one voice. The best way to ensure no one gets up to any mischief is to let the media announce freely. The very knowledge that everyone is announcing and adding what the R.Os are announcing means only an incredibly foolish media house will announce a wrong result. Those results cannot be amendable projections if no one is planning on massaging R.O results. Moves like these only make the IEBC more suspicious, especially because the court has already settled the matter of which announcements are final and who "IEBC" is. IEBC should not act as if it is trying to get away from that decision.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2017, 07:55:37 AM »
Nobody is saying we block the media but IEBC are just saying they are final.You can talk but chebukati tally is final as far pork.honestly I don't see how rigging is possible if electronic systems work.My fear still remain compromised RO announcing wrong results and put chebukati in a fix.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2017, 10:06:11 AM »
Media houses should scramble a county and Constituency network because that's where all action will be.

Chiloba said something interesting; CROs don't need hard copies from ROs before declaring results. So the job of CRO is simply to print the scans they receive and tally. If all goes well, it'll be over before it starts.

2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2017, 12:37:49 PM »

iebc final numbers will only be interesting if the race is too close to call.  Otherwise the projections will have been done by midnight and the winner known by 1am nane tisa

Nobody is saying we block the media but IEBC are just saying they are final.You can talk but chebukati tally is final as far pork.honestly I don't see how rigging is possible if electronic systems work.My fear still remain compromised RO announcing wrong results and put chebukati in a fix.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2017, 12:41:23 PM »
Totally agreed. And in my view because this is not a tight race - it will be apparent very early who will lose or win. Then issue is what does the loser do - 1) Accept or 2) Try to compromise or intimidate ROS to declare invalid results - which would be final declaration - and that is my biggest worry. I hope IEBC will ensure whatever is transmitted electronically do not differ with whatever ROS will tally.
iebc final numbers will only be interesting if the race is too close to call.  Otherwise the projections will have been done by midnight and the winner known by 1am nane tisa

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2017, 01:15:40 PM »
With uninterrupted live transmission feed from every station/stream, should there be some automated tallying (there must be), Bomas won't be any interesting results wise. All they will be doing is regular briefs of the process.

Recall that before Constituency tallying, the results will have hit Bomas and our screen. So while we wait for Constituency tallying which will take hours, we will have provisional results.

We will know our next leaders by 2000H.

Of course if transmission fails, it will take days

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2017, 04:05:50 PM »

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2017, 05:09:11 PM »
Actually, transparency is very good for IEBC's credibility. When the announcements are made at the polling stations, a lot of people will be doing the math and if everybody arrives at the same numbers as IEBC then it will be very difficult for the loser to dispute the tallying.  IEBC should therefore welcome this level of transparency and stop fighting it because it only makes them look as if they have something to hide and being controlled by Ourutu administration who are running scared and trying to control/manage the outcome. I wish Chebukati would realize how transparency can be liberating and take charge of IEBC and stop being intimidated by the likes of Matiangi.

Totally agreed. And in my view because this is not a tight race - it will be apparent very early who will lose or win. Then issue is what does the loser do - 1) Accept or 2) Try to compromise or intimidate ROS to declare invalid results - which would be final declaration - and that is my biggest worry. I hope IEBC will ensure whatever is transmitted electronically do not differ with whatever ROS will tally.

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2017, 06:23:26 PM »
The constituency RO declarations are final.  NASA would be remiss not to capture these on tape.  IEBC will be trusted when they have earned it.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2017, 07:54:21 PM »

So at no point are declared results changed.

Results are both scanned by and 'typed' into the KIEMS tablets for transmission.

Say a station closes at 1800H
Counting 700  votes takes 2 hours to end at 2000H
Declaration, scanning and transmission takes 1 hour-2100H
IEBC receives the scanned and typed results 30 minutes later-2130H

If all is flawless, we should have a winner by midnight. But if the race is really tight, say 3% of the kits fails necessitating manual transmission, and none has hit 50%, there will be war.

Is there a possibility of entry errors where 'typed' results which are streamed nationally right away differ from the scanned results, which are announced at the Constituency tallying center?

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2017, 08:25:23 PM »

Is there a possibility of entry errors where 'typed' results which are streamed nationally right away differ from the scanned results, which are announced at the Constituency tallying center?

Yes.  Of course.

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2017, 08:39:01 PM »

Yes.  Of course.
That's the only thing that interests me assuming systems work perfectly

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2017, 08:44:51 PM »

Yes.  Of course.
That's the only thing that interests me assuming systems work perfectly

That is why I would put a lot of stock on taping the whole thing.  There are over 40,000 polling stations, so that might present a logistical challenge.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2017, 11:35:56 PM »
One wonders what good IEBC is trying to achieve by withholding the results until the final figures.  It seems that someone inside IEBC is really trying to find ways and means to frustrate the constitutional requirements of transparency, efficiency and credibility.  Why not articulate what constitutional requirements this "withholding" of figures is supposed to enhance, promote or achieve?  Its obvious that the CEO and all the commissioners or a majority of them have eaten or are being controlled by Ouruto. They need to stop serving Ouruto and start serving this country.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2017, 08:13:10 AM »
One wonders what good IEBC is trying to achieve by withholding the results until the final figures.  It seems that someone inside IEBC is really trying to find ways and means to frustrate the constitutional requirements of transparency, efficiency and credibility.  Why not articulate what constitutional requirements this "withholding" of figures is supposed to enhance, promote or achieve?  Its obvious that the CEO and all the commissioners or a majority of them have eaten or are being controlled by Ouruto. They need to stop serving Ouruto and start serving this country.

What exactly do you mean by withholding?
There is a results stream availed to all media houses as well as at Bomas. All they won't do is repetition; announcing the already declared results from 290 Constituency tallying centers.

You know what's funny? NASWA sees sense in this but you can't. Like Omorlo you see ghosts where non exist.