Author Topic: Uhuru in Luo Nyanza - very encouraging maturity displayed so far.  (Read 2028 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Kichwa's Mbita

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Uhuru in Luo Nyanza - very encouraging maturity displayed so far.
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 02:35:54 PM »
Meanwhile in Kabarak;
Raila: NASA
Watu: Jubilee
Kabarnet Nasa rally ends before even starting after residents started chanting Jubilee slogans. This was after one of NASA leader attempted to attack Deputy President Wiiliam Ruto

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 04:01:18 PM »
The rallies part of the campaign is over and if this was basket ball we would call it "garbage time".  NASA, and I am sure Jubilee, is now moving to the last and the final phase-"getting out the votes" and "monitoring the polls".  I think most Kenyans have made up their minds.   We in NASA feel pretty good to be where we are today as opposed to where many predicted we will be at this time.  Meru and South Rift are some of the areas which were ouruto strongholds in 2013 but have now been softened. The issues have changed, ICC is not an issue, ouruto now have a record-unemployment through the roof, poverty, tribalism, strikes, corruption, and Unga-just to mention a few.  We have not only protected our 2013 strongholds but expanded it.   The last two weeks will be crucial logistically as we enter the "get out the votes' and then "monitoring votes" phase. NASA must continue working hard but I must say Jubilee should be very worried and scared.

Meanwhile in Kabarak;
Raila: NASA
Watu: Jubilee
Kabarnet Nasa rally ends before even starting after residents started chanting Jubilee slogans. This was after one of NASA leader attempted to attack Deputy President Wiiliam Ruto
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 04:19:02 PM »
Interesting. I will be very surprised if Raila get significant votes from Meru & South Rift. I think the grievance folks have - have not reached the state where they abandon a sure bet in GoK for NASA trying to get in. From my interaction with Isaac ruto supporters - majority have issues with William Ruto - but are saying they will just vote for Uhuru - and 2022 they will square with William - voting for Raila remain a big no.In the meantime Jubilee are also feeling pretty happy with their chances - compared to 2013 - the hostility from NASA stronghold has dissipated to the extend James Rege house is still standing in Homa-bay and Uhuru just had a successfully rally in Luo Nyanza.

The rallies part of the campaign is over and if this was basket ball we would call it "garbage time".  NASA, and I am sure Jubilee, is now moving to the last and the final phase-"getting out the votes" and "monitoring the polls".  I think most Kenyans have made up their minds.   We in NASA feel pretty good to be where we are today as opposed to where many predicted we will be at this time.  Meru and South Rift are some of the areas which were ouruto strongholds in 2013 but have now been softened. The issues have changed, ICC is not an issue, ouruto now have a record-unemployment through the roof, poverty, tribalism, strikes, corruption, and Unga-just to mention a few.  We have not only protected our 2013 strongholds but expanded it.   The last two weeks will be crucial logistically as we enter the "get out the votes' and then "monitoring votes" phase. NASA must continue working hard but I must say Jubilee should be very worried and scared.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 04:28:10 PM »
I am glad you are also feeling good with your chances. That's how a good run campaign should feel towards the end in a democratic country.

I do not know how much votes NASA will get in Meru and South rift but most political pundits believe those areas are now "soft" unlike 2013 when they were really hard for Jubilee.

What gives me more hope is that most political observers agree that NASA , has 1) expanded its base considerably, 2) registered more voters in its 2013 stronghold 3) has a better plan and more resource management and skills  to "get out the vote' and to "monitor the votes" and 4) facing an incumbent who is dogged by a bad economy especially high unemployment, corruption, tribalism, fatigue, hunger, and poverty in a political atmosphere of people looking for CHANGE.  The only thing Jubilee has going for them really is incumbency which they can use to steal the votes.  I do not think they even have the tribal math going for them any more.

Interesting. I will be very surprised if Raila get significant votes from Meru & South Rift. I think the grievance folks have - have not reached the state where they abandon a sure bet in GoK for NASA trying to get in. From my interaction with Isaac ruto supporters - majority have issues with William Ruto - but are saying they will just vote for Uhuru - and 2022 they will square with William - voting for Raila remain a big no.In the meantime Jubilee are also feeling pretty happy with their chances - compared to 2013 - the hostility from NASA stronghold has dissipated to the extend James Rege house is still standing in Homa-bay and Uhuru just had a successfully rally in Luo Nyanza.

"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 05:35:23 PM »
 :D
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2017, 06:25:13 PM »
Looks like there was a similar incident in Kisumu. I find it a bit suspicious though. NASA youth are under strict orders NOT to do things like those. Those who attempt usually get a very long day or week from their peers.

... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread