Author Topic: Uhuru Kenyatta Launches a Well Coordinated Attack on Judiciary  (Read 6628 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Uhuru Kenyatta Launches a Well Coordinated Attack on Judiciary
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2017, 01:15:50 PM »
Judiciary do not have carte al blanch powers; whenever they exceed their powers like they are nearly exceeding by making election date uncertain; the executive and parliament will reign them in. That is exactly what Uhuru is saying.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2017, 01:30:00 PM »
Judiciary do not have carte al blanch powers; whenever they exceed their powers like they are nearly exceeding by making election date uncertain; the executive and parliament will reign them in. That is exactly what Uhuru is saying.

Okay.  There is a process for that.  And it does not anticipate defying the courts.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2017, 01:44:25 PM »
There is a process for judiciary to entertains disputes that doesn't entail messing up with election date that is imprinted by the constitution. Election has to happen on 8th - if Judiciary stand on the way - then I don't think we have a process for that - it will get pretty nasty.

We cannot allow some un-elected judicial officials to arrogate themselves powers that belong to Kenyans. At least Uhuru has 50% plus 1 support of kenyans. Who does Odunga or Maraga has?

Okay.  There is a process for that.  And it does not anticipate defying the courts.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2017, 02:16:35 PM »
You are running scared and have deteriorated to a manamba. Ouruto are only able to govern this country because people are respecting the constitution which gave us this co equal branches of government and not because of that 50% plus crap. If they subvert the law then things will fall apart very quickly and they will realize that kumbe they were able to rule because of the law and not because they have a majority. Let them try being dictators and let them see how long they last. The military can divide very quickly and then what? They need the law just like we need it. It's the only thing keeping this country together. Let him try doing something to the judiciary or the opposition. They do not exist because Ouru is a nice guy. They exist because of the law and because we have all agreed to obey the law. Ouru does not scare anybody and he need to stop threatening. He is very bad at it anyway.

There is a process for judiciary to entertains disputes that doesn't entail messing up with election date that is imprinted by the constitution. Election has to happen on 8th - if Judiciary stand on the way - then I don't think we have a process for that - it will get pretty nasty.

We cannot allow some un-elected judicial officials to arrogate themselves powers that belong to Kenyans. At least Uhuru has 50% plus 1 support of kenyans. Who does Odunga or Maraga has?

"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2017, 02:30:44 PM »
similarly let the judiciary exceed their powers and they will know why Uhuru was given a sword by kenyans. They will get slayed live live. Of course we don't want to reach that position. We want free, fair and credible election held on 8th August and for the losers who have an issue to go to court - and for the court to do their job - and we can go back to our lives.

Bring the election forward if you must - but let it be held on 8th as required.

You are running scared and have deteriorated to a manamba. Ouruto are only able to govern this country because people are respecting the constitution which gave us this co equal branches of government and not because of that 50% plus crap. If they subvert the law then things will fall apart very quickly and they will realize that kumbe they were able to rule because of the law and not because they have a majority. Let them try being dictators and let them see how long they last. The military can divide very quickly and then what? They need the law just like we need it. It's the only thing keeping this country together. Let him try doing something to the judiciary or the opposition. They do not exist because Ouru is a nice guy. They exist because of the law and because we have all agreed to obey the law. Ouru does not scare anybody and he need to stop threatening. He is very bad at it anyway.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2017, 04:10:54 PM »
similarly let the judiciary exceed their powers and they will know why Uhuru was given a sword by kenyans. They will get slayed live live. Of course we don't want to reach that position. We want free, fair and credible election held on 8th August and for the losers who have an issue to go to court - and for the court to do their job - and we can go back to our lives.

As long as the process of slaying live live is within the confines of the law, I don't foresee a problem.  As it stands now, his options seem limited on that front.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2017, 04:40:41 PM »
Ouru's threats are empty. If the judiciary was to postpone the elections, what would Ouru do? suspend the constitution and hold the election on the 8th anyway?  Ouru is full of himself.

As long as the process of slaying live live is within the confines of the law, I don't foresee a problem.  As it stands now, his options seem limited on that front.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2017, 06:07:39 PM »
Exactly. The courts are the final arbitor in a constitutional dispensation. If retender takes a month the courts will just reschedule the elections like they did in 2012 when overzealous folks run to court insisting on August as the IEBC and Jubilee are now doing. There will be no crisis except for those with nefarious intentions.

Ouru's threats are empty. If the judiciary was to postpone the elections, what would Ouru do? suspend the constitution and hold the election on the 8th anyway?  Ouru is full of himself.
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2017, 07:11:17 PM »
There are those who think Uhuru actually wants a delay to get more time to regain his footing. Like a student who has rioted most of the year about to face exams who engineers a strike to avoid exams.

Exactly. The courts are the final arbitor in a constitutional dispensation. If retender takes a month the courts will just reschedule the elections like they did in 2012 when overzealous folks run to court insisting on August as the IEBC and Jubilee are now doing. There will be no crisis except for those with nefarious intentions.

... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread