Author Topic: Magufool kweli - Tanzania will regret electing this fool  (Read 3931 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Magufool kweli - Tanzania will regret electing this fool
« on: June 22, 2017, 07:48:28 PM »
http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2017/06/22/no-more-school-for-pregnant-students-magufuli_c1584980

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
Re: Magufool kweli - Tanzania will regret electing this fool
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 09:19:42 PM »
He needs to reconsider.  Hopefully this is an administrative directive that can be challenged in court on constitutional grounds. It is clearly discriminatory against women on face even though he used a gender neutral term "parents"- only girls will be adversely affected.  Reducing teenage pregnancy is a noble cause but why does he think denying teenage parents free education will do that.  He needs to consult with experts on teenage pregnancy who have been studying this matter for eons.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 09:26:43 PM »
He needs to reconsider.  Hopefully this is an administrative directive that can be challenged in court on constitutional grounds. It is clearly discriminatory against women on face even though he used a gender neutral term "parents"- only girls will be adversely affected.  Reducing teenage pregnancy is a noble cause but why does he think denying teenage parents free education will do that.  He needs to consult with experts on teenage pregnancy who have been studying this matter for eons.

I don't trust the story.  It's only in the Nairobi star.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 09:32:25 PM »
Here we go windy city. The chemistry scientist Magufuli thinks he knows everything and is issuing fatwas everywhere. This will end badly for TZ.
http://www.theeastafrican.co.ke/news/Teen-pregnancies-Tanzania-no-school-Magufuli/2558-3982870-1yjf4y/index.html

"There are many things that the girls can do after delivery; they can join VETA (Vocational Education Training Authority centres) and learn sewing and farming," he said.

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2017, 09:35:03 PM »
We have enough in our plate in Kenya with the crackhead...magufuli minor directives can wait

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 09:36:01 PM »
Here we go windy city. The chemistry scientist Magufuli thinks he knows everything and is issuing fatwas everywhere. This will end badly for TZ.
http://www.theeastafrican.co.ke/news/Teen-pregnancies-Tanzania-no-school-Magufuli/2558-3982870-1yjf4y/index.html

"There are many things that the girls can do after delivery; they can join VETA (Vocational Education Training Authority centres) and learn sewing and farming," he said.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.  He should have just left that style for going after openly corrupt bigwigs.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2017, 09:52:57 PM »
I agree-back to Kenya

We have enough in our plate in Kenya with the crackhead...magufuli minor directives can wait
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2017, 09:55:29 PM »
This stupid fool is threat to kenya. Already he has ejected many kenyans and this week Kenya did the same - ejecting many kenyans. Trade btw Kenya and UG is collapsing. Soon enough if this fool stay longer kenya may even go to war with TZ. Esp if the plan is to prop his friend Raila.

This man is dangerous - powerful one - and kenyans should be very aware.

I agree-back to Kenya

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2017, 09:24:27 AM »
It was also reported in BBC yesterday.
Pombe Magafuli is totally wrong on this one. He should let the girls continue with school. Only this way will they be able to escape poverty. The problem is only girls from poor background will be affected. The others will go to private schools and their lives will continue as nothing ever happened.
Btw, I know a girl in Kenya who got pregnant in high school and later went on to become a medical doctor. So in Magafuli's world this girl would have ended without any school qualification.

I don't trust the story.  It's only in the Nairobi star.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2017, 09:35:30 AM »
That is not Pombe's problem, but Kenya's current leadership. We have been loosing on manufacturing sector and our clueless leadership does nothing as manufacturing companies are closing left right and centre. Now it's the service sector like banks who are laying off their workers.

This stupid fool is threat to kenya. Already he has ejected many kenyans and this week Kenya did the same - ejecting many kenyans. Trade btw Kenya and UG is collapsing. Soon enough if this fool stay longer kenya may even go to war with TZ. Esp if the plan is to prop his friend Raila.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2017, 09:46:49 AM »
First sorry I meant Kenya & TZ trade & any relation is basically in ICU. Soon enough it might revert back to 70s with Namanga border close. All thanks to this magufuli idiot who doesn't understand importance of regional integration.Manufacturing - China is eating everyone lunch there - there is very little our manufacturing sector can do - China is replacing kenyan goods in UG/TZ. I have no problem with that. But I have problem with someone who want to undo East Africa for petty competition and jealousy.

That is not Pombe's problem, but Kenya's current leadership. We have been loosing on manufacturing sector and our clueless leadership does nothing as manufacturing companies are closing left right and centre. Now it's the service sector like banks who are laying off their workers.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2017, 11:27:16 AM »
Pombe can only influence Kenya's trade with TZ, but not with UG.  Border trade is very important and no country can get far without trading with its neighbours.
Personally I think Kenya's leadership was naive to trust M7. He is actually the bigger dissapointment and not Magafuli. Notice even Uhuru does not visit his "friend" M7 any more and M7 has not featured in any national celebrations in the past one year. Quoting Francis Imbuga's Betrayal in the City, M7 "is a green grass in the snake".

First sorry I meant Kenya & TZ trade & any relation is basically in ICU. Soon enough it might revert back to 70s with Namanga border close. All thanks to this magufuli idiot who doesn't understand importance of regional integration.Manufacturing - China is eating everyone lunch there - there is very little our manufacturing sector can do - China is replacing kenyan goods in UG/TZ. I have no problem with that. But I have problem with someone who want to undo East Africa for petty competition and jealousy.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2017, 11:38:27 AM »
He "betrayed" kenyans on the oil pipeline - other than that - he has allowed free movement of goods & labour to UG. TZ is the big problem. They kicked out kenyans. Now kenya is kicking out TZ. Kenya has blocked most goods as retaliation. In short we might end up having to look up north. Ethiopia is neighbour we need to court. TZ don't care coz they are in SADC. If we get Ethiopia close - we have bilateral relationship that is good - then we can have 100m market.
Pombe can only influence Kenya's trade with TZ, but not with UG.  Border trade is very important and no country can get far without trading with its neighbours.
Personally I think Kenya's leadership was naive to trust M7. He is actually the bigger dissapointment and not Magafuli. Notice even Uhuru does not visit his "friend" M7 any more and M7 has not featured in any national celebrations in the past one year. Quoting Francis Imbuga's Betrayal in the City, M7 "is a green grass in the snake".

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2017, 05:45:27 PM »
Am beginning to dislike this guy. Being pregnatn does not mean that youve failed academically!!!

Offline RVtitem

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2017, 06:23:24 PM »
uhuru is worse than magufuli because of his inaction. Pundit used to say kenia is on autopilot under uhuru. It is surprising how he changed tune.

Magufuli gets many things right and he knows how to get shit done.

Under the current circumstances, Tanzania has been behaving like Russia and Magufuli can be compared with conservative Putin who is no pushover like many USA client states.

Kenyans generally have been conditioned to like globalism and liberal mainstream ideas, such as those preached by Obama. So it becomes strange when they encounter rare leadership like Magufuli.

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2017, 06:53:55 PM »
uhuru is worse than magufuli because of his inaction. Pundit used to say kenia is on autopilot under uhuru. It is surprising how he changed tune.

Under the current circumstances, Tanzania has been behaving like Russia and Magufuli can be compared with conservative Putin who is no pushover like many USA client states.

Kenyans generally have been conditioned to like globalism and liberal mainstream ideas, such as those preached by Obama. So it becomes strange when they encounter rare leadership like Magufuli.

He did initially.  He understands the need for action to be seen to come from the top.  Like firing on the spot bigwigs in charge of corrupt entities.  Zero tolerance.  I think he should have stuck to that and let it trickle down.

He seems to lack restraint and doesn't know where to stop.  That creates a scary environment even for the good guys.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kadame5

• Superstar
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2017, 09:57:22 PM »
What an idiot. 8) How does denying them a chance to continue with their studies after they have given birth a problem for anyone? Who is Magufuli to determine for a girl who has made a typical teen mistake how to carry on with the rest of her life after she gets pregnant? It should be a crime to stop a girl from going back to school after she has given birth. This stuff happens in Kenya in shags. It should be illegal for public schools to refuse to allow girls to go back and continue after they have had a baby.

Offline Kadame5

• Superstar
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2017, 10:04:39 PM »

He did initially.  He understands the need for action to be seen to come from the top.  Like firing on the spot bigwigs in charge of corrupt entities.  Zero tolerance.  I think he should have stuck to that and let it trickle down.

He seems to lack restraint and doesn't know where to stop.  That creates a scary environment even for the good guys.
Power has started to get into his head. He is starting to be another good argument against the notion of a benevolent dictatorship. Power indeed has a lot of corrupting potential or gives some people a god complex.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2017, 11:08:56 PM »
What an idiot. 8) How does denying them a chance to continue with their studies after they have given birth a problem for anyone? Who is Magufuli to determine for a girl who has made a typical teen mistake how to carry on with the rest of her life after she gets pregnant? It should be a crime to stop a girl from going back to school after she has given birth. This stuff happens in Kenya in shags. It should be illegal for public schools to refuse to allow girls to go back and continue after they have had a baby.

I don't know what the situation is in Kenya these days, but unenlightened attitudes (such as Magufili's) seem to be the norm.   Of course, the schoolboy or sugar daddy who had done the poking suffered no penalties and simply moved on to other "prey".   

There was another curious thing I noticed at the time: students were permitted to take a break, of any length, if they had serious mental-health issues, but a break for maternal-health issues was a definite no-no. We don't need to make anything a crime; we simply have to allow for students to take a break for whatever reason they see fit.

I think the fundamental problem here has its roots in our "Christian" outlook and odd ideas of morality, e.g. if an unmarried woman becomes pregnant, it must be because she is an immoral woman, of easy virtue, ... , and a "decent" society "must not accept that; "we must punish them for their own good".
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.