Author Topic: Elitist question of the moment: Who is this Sonko?  (Read 1964 times)

Online gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
Elitist question of the moment: Who is this Sonko?
« on: April 20, 2017, 04:59:11 PM »
This must be the question running all over the heads of political strategists. What does his mass movement mean? Is it real or just perceived? What will this Nairobi governorship bearish run mean for future alignments - how will it end? Will the alley cat run out of fight? What of his fast political maturing and rebranding?

I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: Elitist question of the moment: Who is this Sonko?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 08:15:42 PM »
Sonko is another populist who defies the political elites like Joho. Rather than Trump, his antics bring Duterte to mind. If the city was a prison or a mafia ring he would be my candidate. But who wants a thug running the Capital?

♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 08:45:19 PM »
Sonko is another populist who defies the political elites like Joho. Rather than Trump, his antics bring Duterte to mind. If the city was a prison or a mafia ring he would be my candidate. But who wants a thug running the Capital?

EXACTLY!!
Policies create good govt, not people. Ex. Look at Obama Vs Trump. Obama and Clinton policies created good governance, jobs etc. Bush's destroyed every thing and so will Trump.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 05:27:30 PM »
Sonko exploited the system as long as he could. He started by being Shariff Nassir's Youth winger. So when those looking for him for having escaped from prison tried to near him, the power of the mzee repelled them.

He then discovered that civil servants have lots of power but are cowards. He used the Mombasa provincial administration to con people of land and in most cases use the administration to silence the owners.

He targeted the land grabbers who he knew would not stand a scandal. He robbed them dry and always approached them to "help" them. The victims he stole from still unknowingly gave him money to "help" them.

He would cheat them in to grabbing land and then engineer a crisis and the good men run for dear life as he remains behind to use the corrupt land offices to cleanse the land and sell it.

He conned banks using fake title deeds on which he obtained loans and then arranged for fake cases to be filed claiming the land etc.

He learned about kompromat long before the Russians. Joho picked it from him. So many bank managers have videos of themselves participating in homosexual acts. They just had no idea because they had been drugged. I suspect that is the beef between Joho and Uhuru over the son's video.

Gotta go. later
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Online gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 05:29:37 PM »
It ain't a CAPITAL CITY but a mish mash of disorganized slums lacking basics why only SLUMDOGS like Sonko/Waititu can hack some things like sewerage and garbage. The contractors and all sort of cartels around need DuterteTrumpism to deliver. Someone caring about how he is perceived not aloof suckers like Kidero/Kenneth.

Interesting, I got to hear of him before he floored then Raila big man in Nairobi Ndolo and Wathika. Guys at Bunge la Mwananchi referred to him as funny tout guy on a billboard. 

Sonko exploited the system as long as he could. He started by being Shariff Nassir's Youth winger. So when those looking for him for having escaped from prison tried to near him, the power of the mzee repelled them.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017, 05:39:12 PM »
Always more than one way of viewing a matter. Talk is cheap: all we have now are proclamations of how Uhuru Park will be a hawkers' paradise, etc. Ideally we should have a Mutua for Nairobi but it seems we have to pick between a thug and an office type... at least PK has run CDF impressively. Actually no 1 nationally. Sonko has been running drug and land cartels.

It ain't a CAPITAL CITY but a mish mash of disorganized slums lacking basics why only SLUMDOGS like Sonko/Waititu can hack some things like sewerage and garbage. The contractors and all sort of cartels around need DuterteTrumpism to deliver. Someone caring about how he is perceived not aloof suckers like Kidero/Kenneth.

Interesting, I got to hear of him before he floored then Raila big man in Nairobi Ndolo and Wathika. Guys at Bunge la Mwananchi referred to him as funny tout guy on a billboard. 

♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2017, 09:24:37 PM »
Policy define govt not people, thats Y Trump is a failure.