Author Topic: What is Wrong with my Question About KPMG  (Read 1733 times)

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
What is Wrong with my Question About KPMG
« on: December 17, 2016, 09:53:45 AM »
Veritas why is the KPMG topic shut down?

I asked a legitimate question and posted the KPMG Kenya website which was and still is dead. That should be a concern to any Kenyan.

I stated that I want to see the Management. Is there anything wrong with that?

KPMG has been accused by the Opposition in remarks published by among others, The Ethnic Rag. Specifically they have accused the company:

1. Of lacking relevant experience in Voter Register Auditing
2. Of participating in an opaque contracting process (they have strangely kept quiet about the serious allegation)
3. Of being "User Friendly"

I demand that the topic be reopened and anybody who disagrees with my premises state his or her case.

I will respond to the irrelevant remarks posted there in reply in the specific thread. One cannot anticipate my intentions or impute wrong motives without evidence.

A private company is free to employ members of one village at will. But when it is handed a sensitive public job, the people of the other villages may begin to worry.

... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: What is Wrong with my Question About KPMG
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 10:00:18 AM »

I asked a legitimate question and posted the KPMG Kenya website which was and still is dead. That should be a concern to any Kenyan.

KPMG has been accused by the Opposition in remarks published by among others, The Ethnic Rag. Specifically they have accused the company:

2. Of participating in an opaque contracting process (they have strangely kept quiet about the serious allegation)

I demand that the topic be reopened and anybody who disagrees with my premises state his or her case.

I will respond to the irrelevant remarks posted there in reply in the specific thread. One cannot anticipate my intentions or impute wrong motives without evidence.

A private company is free to employ members of one village at will. But when it is handed a sensitive public job, the people of the other villages may begin to worry.

I locked it.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 10:03:01 AM »
Then you will reopen it at once or I will petition that you lose that ability.

Do try to debate and not introduce despotic practices here. Note that I too have the same authority to lock and delete your posts at will and I could easily deploy it.

While at it after you reopen it, you shall cease and desist from that behavior or I will declare war on you.

I locked it.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 10:22:19 AM »
Dear Omollo

It's just a misunderstanding. Empedocles let me know he locked the topic because he thought it was about tribalism and he was concerned about the potential hateful tribal spats leading up to the elections. I think perhaps some of us are enraged by what's happened in the USA. I assured him not to make assumptions and to exercise restraint. You are both moderators with the powers to lock, unlock etc. I trust both of you on this.

Kind regards,
veri

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 11:52:09 AM »
Veritas

What is it he misunderstood? Is there any tribalism in asking about a company's diversity?

Empedocles probably voted for the 2010 Constitution which specifically enacted robust provisions that underpin the need for such information to be made public.

If he fears that the information will prove that KPMG was selected for its potential to be "user friendly" how does that make anybody pointing out that a "tribalist".

I have no idea what tribe he belongs to but from his behavior I can now comfortably guess with 99% accuracy. Has he then become a gate keeper for his tribe on Nipate.org? This kind of behavior was dumped at TOP and only recently reared its head at choo.com. Eve when it was practiced there recently it was roundly condemned.

My demand is that Empedocles immediately and without delay unlock the topic. I further demand that he publish an unreserved and unqualified apology where among other things he shall forswear any such primitive behavior now and in future.
Dear Omollo

It's just a misunderstanding. Empedocles let me know he locked the topic because he thought it was about tribalism and he was concerned about the potential hateful tribal spats leading up to the elections. I think perhaps some of us are enraged by what's happened in the USA. I assured him not to make assumptions and to exercise restraint. You are both moderators with the powers to lock, unlock etc. I trust both of you on this.

Kind regards,
veri

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2016, 10:38:41 PM »

What kind of experience does it take to audit a voter register?  Who has that kind of experience in Kenya?
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman