Author Topic: What USA re-industrialisation under Trump will mean for Africa  (Read 10019 times)

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: What USA re-industrialisation under Trump will mean for Africa
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2016, 07:32:32 PM »
So Germany can have a strong industrial base but America cant come up with one? 10yrs ago who would have thought fracking would create all those jobs and actually make america almost energy independent.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2016, 09:37:22 AM »
As they worry about bringing back industrial jobs from China; service jobs are going to move overseas to India and other English speaking countries thanks to tech revolution going on. What Trump can do is to rebuild US infrastructure and employ many people there - building walls, roads, bridges, rails and that kind of work.This is what Trump is actually good in..building real stuff.

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2016, 09:47:32 PM »
Trump has called his bring job back to America a Victory and is taking a victory lap in Indiana after saving merely 800 jobs. It is all a con. The reality is that those jobs of moving a sock off the conveyor belt are long gone

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2016/11/29/beware-of-donald-trumps-con-on-manufacturing-jobs/?utm_term=.a91c0ac4d11f

Offline Nyakinywa

• Regular
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2016, 12:02:43 AM »
Trump has called his bring job back to America a Victory and is taking a victory lap in Indiana after saving merely 800 jobs. It is all a con. The reality is that those jobs of moving a sock off the conveyor belt are long gone

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2016/11/29/beware-of-donald-trumps-con-on-manufacturing-jobs/?utm_term=.a91c0ac4d11f

Offline RVtitem

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2016, 09:29:15 PM »
Trump calls free trade "dumb" trade. Trump kicks ass. Check from 15:00

Offline Achiek tho

• VIP
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2016, 12:34:24 AM »
Better training programs???You currently have most people with college degrees and master in America competing for lower wage-paying Jobs like Wall mart or fast-food restaurants. Where are jobs gonna come from for people you saying to be better trained if the better trained currently don't have jobs. Artificial Intelligence and Robots are taking better paying jobs too. Prepare for the world of the HAVE and HAVE NOT. The New World Order is here

Those are economic impossibilities. What he needs to do is create better training programs for the displaced workers.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2016, 05:04:22 AM »
If you pole have not noticed trump separate the world by race. thats why he favors russia over say china. Africans will of course get crumbs. and with uhurus of africa stealing tax money the less well off will b in taters or dead from hunger n diseases.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2016, 07:26:19 PM »
If you pole have not noticed trump separate the world by race. thats why he favors russia over say china. Africans will of course get crumbs. and with uhurus of africa stealing tax money the less well off will b in taters or dead from hunger n diseases.

I sense a bit of that too.  Trump is as sad a character as any that has occupied the White House.  The country will be the worse for it.  The appointments are shambolic.  EPA secretary, denies climate change.  Energy Secretary, would have loved to eliminate the department he is to head.  Secretary of Labor, hates the idea of benefits and minimum pay.  Secretary of State is in Putin's pockets....and it goes on.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RVtitem

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2016, 11:19:54 PM »
I think Trump understand the biggest competitor to USA is going to be Chinaman. He is trying to win Russia in war against Chinese world domination.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2016, 09:09:12 PM »
Russia seems to be having the last laugh going by political happenings in the West. I expect the Ukraine and Syria affairs to be settled amicably in Moscow's favor under Trump.
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2016, 10:58:33 PM »
Trump's presidency could well be "great" for the legacy of America's first black president.  All the haters and whiners and other ingrates (in America and elsewhere) might finally appreciate the kind of person he is and his achievements---after starting with the 2008 economic disaster, the misguided adventures in places like Iraq, and a generally chaotic world.   
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2016, 10:45:53 AM »
I agree with MoonKi 100%

I have to confess that the day I heard Chelsea Clinton denouncing Obamacare followed by her father's diatribe against it is the day I "withdrew" from the poll. I could see the only reason why I could strongly support Hillary being thrown out through the garbage chute.  It no longer mattered if either of the two bozos won.

I also firmly believed that Hillary would have pandered to the right wing whackos. The sort of endorsements she was getting nauseated me
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2016, 04:17:35 PM »
Trump's presidency could well be "great" for the legacy of America's first black president.  All the haters and whiners and other ingrates (in America and elsewhere) might finally appreciate the kind of person he is and his achievements---after starting with the 2008 economic disaster, the misguided adventures in places like Iraq, and a generally chaotic world.   

Not only great for Obama but for he who started all the mess Obama had to clean up: