Author Topic: Bitpesa  (Read 3350 times)

Offline Bitpesa

Bitpesa
« on: October 24, 2016, 05:02:16 PM »
Cryptocurrencies technology has been there for several years now- few of us have had a privilege  to use it as our mode of exchange, in Kenya - BITCOINS is abit famous as compared to other cryptocurrencies like altcoin or Etherum.

has anyone of you used Bitcoins or any other crypocurrency or are you interested or intending to use crypocurrency in foreseeable future.

let us talk.

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Bitpesa
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 05:37:19 PM »
Cryptocurrencies technology has been there for several years now- few of us have had a privilege  to use it as our mode of exchange, in Kenya - BITCOINS is abit famous as compared to other cryptocurrencies like altcoin or Etherum.

has anyone of you used Bitcoins or any other crypocurrency or are you interested or intending to use crypocurrency in foreseeable future.

let us talk.

Yeah, I've used your services before.

Not bad. :)

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 07:32:39 PM »

Yes.

let us talk.

Feel free to start whenever you are ready.
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Gumzo

• Superstar
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 11:26:41 AM »

let us talk.

[url]https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/central-bank-kenya-threatened-bitcoin/]

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/central-bank-kenya-threatened-bitcoin/

http://www.nation.co.ke/business/CBK-warns-against-use-of-Bitcoin/996-2997584-wg76bn/index.html

https://ibsintelligence.com/ibs-journal/ibs-news/central-bank-of-kenya-not-a-fan-of-bitcoin/

PUBLIC NOTICE
CAUTION TO THE PUBLIC ON VIRTUAL CURRENCIES SUCH AS
BITCOIN
The attention of the Central Bank of Kenya (CBK) has been drawn to media reports
on the use, holding and trading of virtual currencies such as Bitcoin in Kenya.
Bitcoin is a form of un-regulated digital currency that is not issued or guaranteed by
any government or central bank. Domestic and international money transfer
services in Kenya are regulated by the Central Bank of Kenya Act and other
legislation. In this regard, no entity is currently licensed to offer money remittance
services and products in Kenya using virtual currency such as Bitcoin.
This is to inform the public that virtual currencies such as Bitcoin are not legal
tender in Kenya and therefore no protection exists in the event that the platform that
exchanges or holds the virtual currency fails or goes out of business. Some of the
risks associated with buying, holding or trading virtual currencies include the
following:
? Transactions in virtual currencies such as bitcoin are largely untraceable and
anonymous making them susceptible to abuse by criminals in money laundering
and financing of terrorism.
? Virtual currencies are traded in exchange platforms that tend to be unregulated
all over the world. Consumers may therefore lose their money without having
any legal redress in the event these exchanges collapse or close business.
? There is no underlying or backing of assets and the value of virtual currencies is
speculative in nature. This may result in high volatility in value of virtual
currencies thus exposing users to potential losses.
CBK reiterates that Bitcoin and similar products are not legal tender nor are they
regulated in Kenya. The public should therefore desist from transacting in Bitcoin
and similar products.
CENTRAL BANK OF KENYA
DECEMBER 2015

Offline Bitpesa

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 02:06:04 PM »

let us talk.

Yeah, I've used your services before.

Not bad. :)

thank you for your feedback although you went abit far by thanking me on using my service  :D  i would wish to reiterate that Bitcoin is a decentralized form of exchange and therefore i don't deserve to carry the credit- we only act as enablers SOMETIMES.  now if you don't mind, may i ask you some few questions- when you used Bitcoins where had you gotten them? did you mine them, earn them online, sold a good or service and you were paid with them, or did somebody transfer them to you- [2] Are you based in Kenya or African perhaps? if not- where are you based?

Offline Bitpesa

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2016, 02:34:12 PM »

let us talk.

[url=https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/central-bank-kenya-threatened-bitcoin/]]https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/central-bank-kenya-threatened-bitcoin/]

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/central-bank-kenya-threatened-bitcoin/

http://www.nation.co.ke/business/CBK-warns-against-use-of-Bitcoin/996-2997584-wg76bn/index.html

https://ibsintelligence.com/ibs-journal/ibs-news/central-bank-of-kenya-not-a-fan-of-bitcoin/

PUBLIC NOTICE
CAUTION TO THE PUBLIC ON VIRTUAL CURRENCIES SUCH AS
BITCOIN
The attention of the Central Bank of Kenya (CBK) has been drawn to media reports
on the use, holding and trading of virtual currencies such as Bitcoin in Kenya.
Bitcoin is a form of un-regulated digital currency that is not issued or guaranteed by
any government or central bank. Domestic and international money transfer
services in Kenya are regulated by the Central Bank of Kenya Act and other
legislation. In this regard, no entity is currently licensed to offer money remittance
services and products in Kenya using virtual currency such as Bitcoin.
This is to inform the public that virtual currencies such as Bitcoin are not legal
tender in Kenya and therefore no protection exists in the event that the platform that
exchanges or holds the virtual currency fails or goes out of business. Some of the
risks associated with buying, holding or trading virtual currencies include the
following:
? Transactions in virtual currencies such as bitcoin are largely untraceable and
anonymous making them susceptible to abuse by criminals in money laundering
and financing of terrorism.
? Virtual currencies are traded in exchange platforms that tend to be unregulated
all over the world. Consumers may therefore lose their money without having
any legal redress in the event these exchanges collapse or close business.
? There is no underlying or backing of assets and the value of virtual currencies is
speculative in nature. This may result in high volatility in value of virtual
currencies thus exposing users to potential losses.
CBK reiterates that Bitcoin and similar products are not legal tender nor are they
regulated in Kenya. The public should therefore desist from transacting in Bitcoin
and similar products.
CENTRAL BANK OF KENYA
DECEMBER 2015

hello Sir, Bitcoins or any other crypocurrency is a tad bit new technology and most Central Banks don't understand it  as yet- Also  by virtue of it been virtual and decentralized most banks will not want these technology before their technical team is well averse on Bitcoin and Decentralized Technology- At these point and time it is upon you individually where you want to be on this issue  10 years to come.

I welcome you to read widely online and educate yourself on this matter. Around the world banks and financial institutions are learning proof of concept and applicability and regulation of cryptocurrency. In India Bitcoins is already legalized. As we continue to engage on this forum; 30 minutes everyday- i will hope to give you information that will impact positively on how you visualize this pretty new financial concept.

Offline Gumzo

• Superstar
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2016, 09:43:31 PM »
hello Sir, Bitcoins or any other crypocurrency is a tad bit new technology and most Central Banks don't understand it  as yet- Also  by virtue of it been virtual and decentralized most banks will not want these technology before their technical team is well averse on Bitcoin and Decentralized Technology- At these point and time it is upon you individually where you want to be on this issue  10 years to come.

I welcome you to read widely online and educate yourself on this matter. Around the world banks and financial institutions are learning proof of concept and applicability and regulation of cryptocurrency. In India Bitcoins is already legalized. As we continue to engage on this forum; 30 minutes everyday- i will hope to give you information that will impact positively on how you visualize this pretty new financial concept.

Kwani wewe ni wa wapi ?
ati pretty new financial concept.....pengine new to you

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ross_Ulbricht

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3mm453/a_story_about_dprs_bitcoins/

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2016, 09:47:06 PM »
Internet and mobile payments are overmilked now. We need useful stuff like wireless power, autonomous machines and IoT.
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2016, 10:22:05 PM »

Almost every other time I watch a movie on Youtube, I get interrupted by an advertisemment that starts by asking where I, as an individual, want to be in 10 years (always 10!) and then promises to provide (for "free"!) some "positive information" that will get me there.    I'm sure there are people who bite---one born every minute---and the author of the ad then moves another step to where he or she would like to be in 10 years.

Look, if you want to peddle BitPesa, or whatever, here, then just go head.  But, please, not for 30 minutes every day!
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2016, 05:59:08 PM »
@Bitpesa,

First off, are you from bitpesa.co?

Most Kenyan's have no understanding of Bitcoin and the underlying technology (Blockchain), even that Mpesa really isn't money. It'll take time until then.

Anyhoo, what interests me most about Bitcoin is the future of it, what with the blocksize debate. As I write this, the unconfirmed transactions are hovering at ~47k followed, of course, by ridiculous confirmation times! Something has got to be done otherwise I feel Bitcoin will fail.