Author Topic: Counties internally generated revenues  (Read 12677 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Counties internally generated revenues
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2014, 02:49:24 PM »
Read the first post. Counties collect revenues mainly from business licensing, permits, parking fees, game reserves gate collections, land rates and such kind of levies.So yes the list is skewed towards urban centers...but so is GDP everywhere.

Give me a clue here.
Counties have started collecting taxes?
What do they tax?
I thought they do not have the legal framework to tax yet!!!
I am aware that cities are the only ones that have the framework, and it was adopted from former municipals.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2014, 03:55:42 PM »
Anything ran by gov won't go anywhere. Maybe it something someone with time can do as private initiative.
This is the kind of information that opendata portal should be sharing.
You are probably right.  The digital ngafmed cannot digitize elementary table data.  I have taken the trouble to make suggestions on that portal.  Not even an acknowledgment of receipt.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2014, 05:41:17 PM »
How is these monies accounted for?
Any accounting framework established for counties, or its kienyeji?
In my opinion counties should have their own auditors and always ready for locals to see.
Monies sent from central govt. should be audited by central, any improprieties should be refunded, otherwise the county gets less the next time around. Senators need to make this clear to counties.

Read the first post. Counties collect revenues mainly from business licensing, permits, parking fees, game reserves gate collections, land rates and such kind of levies.So yes the list is skewed towards urban centers...but so is GDP everywhere.

Give me a clue here.
Counties have started collecting taxes?
What do they tax?
I thought they do not have the legal framework to tax yet!!!
I am aware that cities are the only ones that have the framework, and it was adopted from former municipals.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2014, 06:02:16 PM »
Good ideas. There is something called IFMIS...ERP from treasury that is suppose to be the accounting system..most counties have not implemented it..coz of connectivity issues and lack of capacity.

How is these monies accounted for?
Any accounting framework established for counties, or its kienyeji?
In my opinion counties should have their own auditors and always ready for locals to see.
Monies sent from central govt. should be audited by central, any improprieties should be refunded, otherwise the county gets less the next time around. Senators need to make this clear to counties.