Author Topic: Kathiani Snub: Uhuru Should Fire This County Commissioner and DC  (Read 3737 times)

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Kathiani Snub: Uhuru Should Fire This County Commissioner and DC
« on: September 13, 2014, 01:53:25 PM »
There was a lot of noise when some youth threw a shoe at Uhuru Kenyatta in Migori. Raila was asked to apologize at gun point. Now we have a County Commissioner and DC together directing the snubbing of the Leader of Opposition. Obviously they are acting on the basis some instructions from the top.

My suggestion is that CORD should react by instructing its governors to ignore County Commissioners, mobilize people to ignore meetings called by them and appoint parallel officers and use CDF to pay. That will kill the provincial administration. I also suggest they include a question in the referendum to finally kill it by transferring their functions to governors.

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2000134774/uproar-as-state-officers-snub-raila/
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Kathiani Snub: Uhuru Should Fire This County Commissioner and DC
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 03:15:58 PM »
What is the policy on donation of equipment to gov; i know the police were grappling with one in view of counties buying cars and name it for them.

I find it hard to criticize the prov admin given they are supposed to be non-partisan.

CDF should have handed the bikes without the fanfare of inviting cord (political event).

Uhuru has a double role of being political leader and gov leader. Big difference with Raila who is a politician.

The DC call is right to reject the politicization of prov admin...the PR is atrocious...he should simply have called the chiefs for important "emergency meeting" and told CDF to have them bikes delivered without fanfare.

Bottomline: CORD need to realize they are the opposition..and respect civil servants and Jubilee as the gov.

Offline Kichwa Mbaya

• VIP
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 03:58:36 PM »
I think the solution is to strengthen devolution and get rid of the Provincial administration structures once and for all.  Their role is very confusing.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2014, 07:59:59 PM »
The one thing I find unacceptable is to use so much money on bikes for GoK appointees who should get that from their employer. There should be guidelines to prevent money being used on GoK. 
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Native Son

• VIP
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2014, 08:25:54 PM »
There was a lot of noise when some youth threw a shoe at Uhuru Kenyatta in Migori. Raila was asked to apologize at gun point. Now we have a County Commissioner and DC together directing the snubbing of the Leader of Opposition. Obviously they are acting on the basis some instructions from the top.

My suggestion is that CORD should react by instructing its governors to ignore County Commissioners, mobilize people to ignore meetings called by them and appoint parallel officers and use CDF to pay. That will kill the provincial administration. I also suggest they include a question in the referendum to finally kill it by transferring their functions to governors.

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2000134774/uproar-as-state-officers-snub-raila/

Are you recognising President Uhuru as the duly elected President of the Republic of Kenya?

It can only be that way.