Author Topic: This sets my blood boiling!!  (Read 2179 times)

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
This sets my blood boiling!!
« on: April 15, 2016, 06:49:23 PM »
Museveni Can afford to hound his opposition 24hrs but can't afford to take care of the poor. All the money they spent protecting power!!!

http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2016/04/15/uganda-sends-400-cancer-patients-to-kenya-after-breakdown-of-only_c1333052

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: This sets my blood boiling!!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 07:22:19 PM »
Kenya is itself pretty screwed up with the radiotherapy machines.  That should tell you what kind of a mess Museveni's backyard is.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 05:57:48 AM »
Priorities...Priotities..
Kenya has working MRIs, Cscan, petscans,  in the private sector,
GOK the money is used by corrupt individuals.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 06:11:24 AM »
I saw this story on TV, and it was quite sad to hear from a couple of desperate patient who had travelled long distances to use the machine.   The machine itself and its filthy, disorganized environment looked like an experimental setup from 1923.   (The "taped up" photo shown in the news article is actually pretty good.) Maintenance culture.

The other thing that struck me is that nobody seems to have thought about acquiring another machine until the current one collapsed completely.   They seem to have finally gone through the red tape to get money approved for another machine, but the building is not appropriate to house it.    So in the meantime there is yet more government red tape to go through in order to get the money approved.   

I also noted the urgent appeal to "donors" for the donation of additional machines (to be housed where?).  And, yes, the "donors" are the same people Museveni keeps abusing as neo-colonial imperialists.
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2016, 12:04:12 PM »
Pretty horrible.Ug,Rw & SS depend on our kenyatta as their referral hospital. Ours is the worse but theirs is more horrible.