Author Topic: Tora Kagame  (Read 2076 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Tora Kagame
« on: August 11, 2015, 05:19:53 PM »
Ten Rwandans are opposed to his third term. 

http://www.nation.co.ke/news/africa/Paul-Kagame-third-term-bid-MPs-report/-/1066/2827968/-/e9v9m2z/-/index.html

"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Tora Kagame
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 05:57:30 PM »
Mockery of democracy but it good if it legitimize his rule. Democracy is more than voting. Kagame has to allow free opposition,free press, free civil society, free security agencies and he'll just be about started.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 06:20:13 PM »
His model must be Kazakhstan and Nazarbayev: typical voter-turnout--95+%, votes for him--97+%.   What a much-loved man.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/apr/27/kazakhstans-president-nursultan-nazarbayev-returned-with-977-of-vote

It helps if the opposition is not in a position to field a candidate, and the other candidates are your buddies, put in to make things "competitive".
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 08:27:22 AM »
They say hypocrisy is tribute vice pays to virtue. Why all the pretences at democracy?
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2015, 04:02:53 PM »
The man brooks no dissent.  When you see the venom with which he responds to tweets that might even hint at criticism, you get a better appreciation of the courage of people like Victoire Ingabire and 10 Rwandans.

"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman