Author Topic: Rotich answers Ouko...I believe Rotich  (Read 2357 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Rotich answers Ouko...I believe Rotich
« on: July 31, 2015, 09:21:21 AM »
http://www.nation.co.ke/news/-/1056/2814786/-/146gfiyz/-/index.html

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Rotich answers Ouko...I believe Rotich
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 01:32:29 PM »
I don't think anyone expects him to agree with the report.  His is unprofessional conduct.  The auditor-general has done his job.  Rotich should wait to mouth off his disagreement if he is summoned by the relevant authorities.  If there is nothing wrong, it will become apparent soon enough.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 02:40:14 PM »
Rotich cannot speak for all ministries. He should have gone case by case and teared the AG's report apart.
Take the case of the military's APCs which failed their job in S. Sudan. What is there to defend as even the complaints did not come from the Kenyan side but from the UN?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 03:30:19 PM »
You maybe right. But the way the media sensationalized the reporting; meant somebody had to respond.
I don't think anyone expects him to agree with the report.  His is unprofessional conduct.  The auditor-general has done his job.  Rotich should wait to mouth off his disagreement if he is summoned by the relevant authorities.  If there is nothing wrong, it will become apparent soon enough.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 09:53:27 PM »
I am sure you know better. There are deadlines and cutoff dates, otherwise you end up turning the AG in to a Finance Office of some kind. Rotich can file his response rather than attempt to demonize the office. I found his utterances extremely annoying. If the documents were not ready at the end of the deadline, he of all the people should respect that. He is after all running a ministry that depends on adherence to deadlines. For example he cannot allow a ministry to spend monies beyond the cutoff date marking the beginning or end of a Financial Year. Any coin spent before and after the date would end up in the year in which it was spent.

Moi was probably a dictator. BUT he respected the Office of the Auditor and never once was Njoroge's ethnicity used against him or in defense. The insinuations started by Rotich and picked up by bigots have really turned me against Rotich. It will be a very long time and with huge efforts on his part before I change my now hostile attitude about him. He had many ways of defending his office and among them was to shut up and let the mandarins respond technically.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2015, 10:10:34 PM »
Interesting stuff.  So too are the reader's comment at the DN link.

People are supposed to hand over their documents by certain dates so that the auditor fellow can do his job.

At the end of the certain dates, the auditor fellow says so much is missing here and there.

Back to the drawing board: That much is missing?   Crunch, crunch, crunch.  Aha!   We have documents to show that nothing is missing; we haven't given them to the auditor fellow, but he should take our word for it.

Someone remind me: what is the auditor's job, and how is he supposed to do it?

It is in such "confusion" that good chicken thighs to be found.
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.