Author Topic: Impeachment or No Impeachment: The Trust is Gone  (Read 867 times)

Offline sema

• Enigma
Impeachment or No Impeachment: The Trust is Gone
« on: September 25, 2024, 05:50:39 AM »
Ruto can impeach Gachagua 100 times. At this point, it won't make a difference. The Kenyan people are fed up with ALL of these politicians. They don't trust them, They don't like them and at the top of the list is Ruto.  Even Raila is finished.

Look at them trying to go out and do public rallies. They are getting booed all over the country and this time, it's not tribal.

I don't understand what world these kenyan politicians are living in.  2027 will be dangerous for everyone because ruto is not ready to leave so he will try to rig or do something crazy. My prayers for kenya/.

Offline sema

• Enigma
Re: Impeachment or No Impeachment: The Trust is Gone
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2024, 06:06:58 AM »
Something in Kenya is seriously off. They are now praying for Ruto's early demise.  A few friends of mine have even said this to me in private. ie. they cannot wait until 2027. I fear for Kenya.

<a href="?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 24, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Something must give way. What’s happening in Kenya 🇰🇪 is unsustainable in the near term.</p>&mdash; SokoAnalyst (@SokoAnalyst) <a href="?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 24, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Offline Fairandbalanced

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2024, 06:17:57 AM »
This is getting serious, Gachagua will go down with this government and it will be considered a huge sacrifice.. https://x.com/itskipronoh/status/1838635978216341968?s=46&t=3-3-_ehcZbukDCK7hNe5LA

Offline sema

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2024, 06:22:55 AM »
This is getting serious, Gachagua will go down with this government and it will be considered a huge sacrifice.. https://x.com/itskipronoh/status/1838635978216341968?s=46&t=3-3-_ehcZbukDCK7hNe5LA

Waruguru is a clown so I wouldn't pay attention to her, but something is clearly off in the country. The economic pressures coupled with the extreme corruption, inability for kenyans to run even minor businesses....it's like kenya is a tinder box waiting to explode.

Moi was able to hold on to power thanks to a disorganized and tribal opposition, but Kenya at that stage was not used to democracy. Ruto is dealing with a different Kenya. A younger demographic of kenyans that don't remember Moi, that have grown up with democracy and the internet where information is free flowing, with freedoms, etc

This feels different and scary for the country at the same time because kenya is in unchartered territory now.

Offline sema

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2024, 06:41:44 AM »
It's the economy....

Personally under Ruto's regime I've had to close two businesses indefinitely, right now I'm hopeless and jobless. Fuck this man and everything he stands for!!

Same case here. One, a butchery business and the other one a Liquor store. Jobless and hopeless with no stream of income. I hate the guy with all my body cells

There is no circulation of cash.

I sell mtumba, on weekends I used to get an average of 20k + , now am struggling to get 10k. It's so serious, this guy is killing us a slow death

Life is becoming harder and harder

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2024, 02:25:45 PM »
Who will replace Ruto is toughest questions you guys need to answer.

Offline mankind

• Superstar
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2024, 02:44:25 PM »
  Kenya is a very interesting place. Everyone wants free stuff but when the cost of all that free stuff starts choking the country everyone is first to shout. You ran the country on deficit spending for ten years funding a mongrel called county governments and now the country is bankrupt. A quick calculation puts that spending at about 5 trillion shillings. Our debt is at over 70%  to GDP. Even Russia with its almost three years war is only at 15% debt to GDP. Unfortunately nobody wants to admit that our problem is impulse spending. You collect about 15% in taxes and expect to run a country then you need your head examined.

Majority of the folks are busy evading or understating tax obligation thus burdening the small group of folks on regular payroll. Something will have to give soon. Impeachment stuff is just bullshit regardless of who it is directed at. In Kenya everyone is a thug.

Offline Fairandbalanced

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2024, 03:08:43 PM »
Transition govt to organize elections, Watengula I think is the third in line. We need a complete overhaul of our system, Kenyans are smart enough to do it constitutional and without a bloody revolution.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2024, 03:54:31 PM »
5 yr term is too long. 3.5 yrs is better

Offline sema

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2024, 10:29:51 PM »
Even Russia with its almost three years war is only at 15% debt to GDP. Unfortunately nobody wants to admit that our problem is impulse spending. You collect about 15% in taxes and expect to run a country then you need your head examined.

Then they should default or try to renegotiate the payments.  Why is Ndii insisting on paying in full when his wife just got a very lucrative government tender. Ndii and his wife are not suffering, but they want others to suffer?

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2024, 01:29:02 AM »
uhuru passed the debt to ruto and ruto wants more debt instead of govt efficiency.

Offline sema

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2024, 06:09:20 PM »
From talking to regular kenyans, there's something ruto is missing and he is underestimating the DEEP anger towards him and his regime.  Actually, most of ruto's allies are hated.

How this will all play out in 2027 remains to be seen, but I hope ruto doesn't try to rig in 2027 because if he does, given the anger levels, the country will explode into violence and the US and Britain will be forced to step in like they did in 2007.

Although kenya remains a poverty stricken African country, ruto needs to be careful. Kenya is important to East and Central africa and to many of america's security needs within the region and if ruto pushes it too far in terms of killing kenyans, he will be removed and sent back to the ICC>

African leaders always seem to forget that the west rules the world militarily. The west africans discovered this when the French airforce showed up and started bombing them. The north africans have discovered this and if ruto is not careful, he'll discover it also, but hopefully, the kenyan military is not as stupid as the west african militaries and they'll remove ruto before they get bombed.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2024, 06:26:27 PM »
From talking to regular kenyans, there's something ruto is missing and he is underestimating the DEEP anger towards him and his regime.  Actually, most of ruto's allies are hated.

How this will all play out in 2027 remains to be seen, but I hope ruto doesn't try to rig in 2027 because if he does, given the anger levels, the country will explode into violence and the US and Britain will be forced to step in like they did in 2007.

Although kenya remains a poverty stricken African country, ruto needs to be careful. Kenya is important to East and Central africa and to many of america's security needs within the region and if ruto pushes it too far in terms of killing kenyans, he will be removed and sent back to the ICC>

African leaders always seem to forget that the west rules the world militarily. The west africans discovered this when the French airforce showed up and started bombing them. The north africans have discovered this and if ruto is not careful, he'll discover it also, but hopefully, the kenyan military is not as stupid as the west african militaries and they'll remove ruto before they get bombed.

I saw clips of parliament yester and it is bad. Some have realized the anger while others have their head in the sand.
Gen Z is just the tip of the anger. You saw pple wanting to burn tea factories because tumbo kubwa stole the bonus leaving the rest poorer. the anger is real.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2024, 04:32:06 AM »
Angry when Ungali is so cheap.
You're talking to middle class folks

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2024, 11:16:29 AM »
When the middle class is wailing, it means there are no jobs/hustles income for the urban poor, thus no ugali, fees, or rent. 

https://x.com/_James041/status/1840108567707152789

Angry when Ungali is so cheap.
You're talking to middle class folks
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2024, 06:35:55 PM »
Middle class.. poor will complain when they feel the oinch

Offline Fairandbalanced

• Enigma