Author Topic: China announces sharp rise in retirement age  (Read 923 times)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
China announces sharp rise in retirement age
« on: September 14, 2024, 12:39:16 PM »
The change, which will take place over 15 years starting in January, will raise the retirement age for men from the current 60 to 63. The threshold for female office workers’ will be raised from 55 to 58, while female blue-collar workers, who could previously retire aged 50, will now have to wait until 55.

Life expectancy in China has risen to 78 as of 2023, up from about 44 in 1960. It is projected to exceed 80 by 2050.

Official statistics show the number of working-age people (between 16 and 59) in the country decreased by 40 million in just over a decade, to 879 million in 2020.

https://www.rt.com/news/603995-china-retirement-age-rise/
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: China announces sharp rise in retirement age
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2024, 01:02:55 PM »
I think they will turn the taps on mass immigration soon. Already there is a boom of expat agencies - servicing the national Thousand Talents and various provincial initiatives such as Hainan Free Trade Zone. Seems they will devolve the rules to local socioeconomic needs.
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2024, 01:52:15 PM »
Isn't the retirement age raise a poverty indicator given the slavish labour practices? Economic dysfunction? Immigrants want better savings and retirement options.

I think they will turn the taps on mass immigration soon. Already there is a boom of expat agencies - servicing the national Thousand Talents and various provincial initiatives such as Hainan Free Trade Zone. Seems they will devolve the rules to local socioeconomic needs.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2024, 03:37:32 PM »
Africans are dying to flood there led by Nigerians. But China prefers ASEAN migrants Indonesians, Filipinos and Burmese.

Isn't the retirement age raise a poverty indicator given the slavish labour practices? Economic dysfunction? Immigrants want better savings and retirement options.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2024, 04:30:17 PM »
I have never heard Chinese visa complaints. Mwafrika is west phallic except for cheap Chinese goods.

Africans are dying to flood there led by Nigerians. But China prefers ASEAN migrants Indonesians, Filipinos and Burmese.

I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2024, 01:15:32 PM »
Because there is no trend due to tough immigration controls. But there is Naijatown in Guangzhou - akin to Chinatown here in the Bay Area. Traders move there to buy stuff and outlive visa. They will have to open up now due to aging problem - but they will allow Filipinos and Burmese first - they believe Africans are lazy and backward.

Kenyans and Nigerians even flock to SA for menial jobs despite violent xenophobia there 👀 At 15k gdp per capita - 6X Kenya - people will move in a heartbeat. All it takes is for the Party to decide this is the solution and allow it.

I have never heard Chinese visa complaints. Mwafrika is west phallic except for cheap Chinese goods.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2024, 01:33:43 PM »

They won't

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2024, 09:42:51 AM »
Of course they wont.

China will go the Japanese way and deflation will be the order of the day. They will prefer this to importing workers from other countries.

They won't

Offline RV Heavy Hitter!

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2024, 01:16:33 PM »
Kenyans may need to try what Ghanaians, Congolese, and Nigerians are doing. Sell land, contact Nigerian smugglers, and in 20–40 days they will be at the US–Mexico border and finally to Sab Diego. A man who fixes cars in my neighborhood bragged about how Nigerians ran sophisticated routes to smuggle him. According to him, if you have 5,000 dollars, you will arrive quicker in like 7-10 days, but if you have nothing, it may take 40-90 days because you will have to work along the way and trek the Amazon and Columbia routes to recoup smuggling dough. The man can barely speak English, but since he is a great mechanic, he is already making more money than regular people due to the high demand for his skills!
The future belongs to those who have a quarter of the character and integrity of RV Heavy Hitter!

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2024, 02:46:08 PM »
Xi and his CPC cabal are very pragmatic. They may have ideological or racial hangovers but unlike the Japanese they do not have an electorate to consult. Japan's problem is that the people themselves are so insular and xenophobic - even  half-caste citizen faces discrimination. It dissuades the government from opening up taps. Now the population is collapsing rapidly. And economically overtaken by Germany.

China seems able to take tough calls - like One-Child policy was very unpopular especially in 80s. Or order everyone to buy EV cars. Or crack down on billionaires. Provided they have the data and get convinced they will act in the national interest. This is do or die item - I don't see how they can throw away years of hard work over racial purity.

I could be wrong of course. But we shall see soon enough.

Of course they wont.

China will go the Japanese way and deflation will be the order of the day. They will prefer this to importing workers from other countries.

They won't