Author Topic: PBS Chronicles of Two American Families in 3 decades  (Read 1236 times)

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
PBS Chronicles of Two American Families in 3 decades
« on: August 23, 2024, 04:17:28 PM »
The comment section has some honest comments on chasing the Yues dream. The comments make another 1,001 corroborating documentaries.

@kryptoart87
3 weeks ago
I see 2 families which never thrived, they were always in survival mode for 35 years. Went from job to job. Got screwed with medical bills. 35 years of hardship and they all kept going hoping for a better day ahead. It never came. This is very sad and frustrating because i just watched my life in 2 hours. I just turned 37.

@thecountrybat
3 weeks ago
Yep. I was born in 1992 and I am from Madison, WI. I spend $1 out of every $7 I make on healthcare for my daughter and I. I am $70k in student loan debt. I will never not be in debt and retirement looks like a dream.

@Web-Diane
3 weeks ago
I’m in the same age range as you. This is my life and I worked so hard not to be here but here we are.

@Jame6999
2 weeks ago
ALOT of it is personal responsibility. Make smart decisions.

As long as your health is in good standing. Leverage that and make smart moves

@leanita2010
12 days ago
I felt so many emotions watching this and that was one of them. Blk woman, Age 38.

Butttt... I love Mr Stanleys work ethic & faith in the Lord.

Hated seeing them cry and get older & tired. Wish they had a glimmer of the life they expected to receive. 

They raised their kids well.

@LS-vi4bu
11 days ago
It is not too late. You have 25+ yrs to have a different life.

@irate74
11 days ago
​@thecountrybat student loan debt.   Was it still worth it if you can't afford to pay it back?

@NoobSimmerKP
10 days ago
 @Jame6999 ALOT of it is luck. None of us have the answers… ALOT of it is what family you were born into and where you live.. it’s not at all black and white.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
Re: PBS Chronicles of Two American Families in 3 decades
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2024, 01:40:03 AM »
Does health insurance make healthcare more expsnsive??

Offline RV Heavy Hitter!

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2024, 06:13:36 PM »
Those are the lower middle class, or people considered poor in America (earning under $25K a year), which tells you America is paradise. They live the lives of senior politicians in Kenya. I'd rather be homeless in the US than a millionaire in some other place. Hard work, integrity and consistency can make you somebody without depending on the government or knowing anyone. This explains why immigrants come to the USA and beat 9th-generation Americans within a span of 2–5 years. How much harder can you work in the land of limitless opportunities?
The future belongs to those who have a quarter of the character and integrity of RV Heavy Hitter!

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2024, 05:20:59 PM »
The chronicle shows even with 'hard work and grit' you will still be grinding at 75 on minimum age unless you inherited a ranch.

There is always this myth by villagers that kids who found some wealth in Kiambu and Nairobi were useless, and that by working hard you will surpass them in a jiffy, only to find you have to pay rent to them and buy desolate plots from them. Sounds the same as your position on international immigrants. 

Those are the lower middle class, or people considered poor in America (earning under $25K a year), which tells you America is paradise. They live the lives of senior politicians in Kenya. I'd rather be homeless in the US than a millionaire in some other place. Hard work, integrity and consistency can make you somebody without depending on the government or knowing anyone. This explains why immigrants come to the USA and beat 9th-generation Americans within a span of 2–5 years. How much harder can you work in the land of limitless opportunities?
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution