Author Topic: George Weah and his lost Hasora revolution moment in Liberia  (Read 6091 times)

Online gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
George Weah and his lost Hasora revolution moment in Liberia
« on: November 17, 2023, 11:35:06 AM »
Another parallel for Hasla. What is so hard working for the people who elected you and stop all the distractions.

With results in from more than 85% of polling stations in Liberia's run-off election, opposition candidate Joseph Boakai is slightly ahead of President George Weah.

Mr Boakai so far has 50.6% of the vote, while Mr Weah is on 49.4%, the election commission says.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-67445544

When promising a to set up an economic and war crimes court he did not know its impact on the tattered economy just like Hasla and his state capture comission omission error .
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-67017365

His foreign travels seems no to have paid off also. Now he is sweating sending emisaries at night to overturn the election results and risking civil war just like ufool.

His trip to Qatar, part of a 48-day trip abroad that has included stops at forums in Morocco, Egypt and France and will culminate with his attendance at the US-Africa Summit, has attracted criticism from political opponents and civil society groups at home. Weah has been away from Liberia since November 1 and will not return until December 18.
https://www.ft.com/content/a1fdd68f-0307-4f3d-a8f0-98d829cb2c4e
Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one ~ Thomas Paine

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: George Weah and his lost Hasora revolution moment in Liberia
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2023, 01:30:37 PM »
The man should have stuck to what he knows best, kicking the ball.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2023, 06:24:06 PM »
The man should have stuck to what he knows best, kicking the ball.

They thought kicking a ball well was a transferrable skill to leading the government.  He should go if he loses.  Liberia doesn't have the scaffolding to peacefully settle an election dispute.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Online gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2023, 12:01:44 AM »
A serious mwafrika court to try our big time crooks is long overdue.

Liberian election officials released nearly all the results from this week's runoff election showing President George Weah losing his bid for a second term, but said late Friday that the vote would need to be re-run in one county before a winner could be declared.

The announcement left the West African country in a tense wait after election officials said that challenger Joseph Boakai had won 50.89% of the votes counted so far, while the incumbent Weah had 49.11%.

Election officials also announced that the vote would be reheld Saturday in Nimba County, where the number of ballots cast at one polling station exceeded the number of registered voters.
https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/liberian-election-officials-release-results-showing-weah-loss-104984963
Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one ~ Thomas Paine

Offline Githunguri

• Enigma
  • EVERY KENYAN SHOULD HAVE A GUN.
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2023, 06:47:26 AM »
He has conceded defeat.That's a very good step.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2023, 07:33:51 AM »
AT least the 50.9 percent go home happy they have "won". AMERICA has Liberia by the balls. Nothing much will change. The old man will probably go senile and weah..will get a nusu mkate..democrazy is farce. You see all sub Sahara African countries are having a two party system like ysa. This is create an illusion that voting is important. I bet many idiots died in this fight to "win". Liberian are stuck in a state of mayhem and confusion till the end of times. Not even Mrs. JOHNSON could save them..that is a very poor nation with no ability to get out of poverty

Offline RV Heavy Hitter!

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2023, 08:15:38 AM »
George Weah's concession is a significant continuation step in the right direction, and as such, congrats to Liberia! Stunning that draconian Moi is the only one that has ever conceded defeat in Kenya's presidential history. Liberia has had 24 peaceful power transfers out of the 28 presidents since 1800, most of which came during the minority Americo-Liberian regime! Uganda, Rwanda, and many in sub-Saharan Africa remain third-party posthumous concessions zones!
Conceding defeat is a big deal, but as soon as Samuel Doe ended the American-run Liberia in 1980, it was downhill. Those African-American presidents from 1800-1980 ran Liberia well, and Liberia was thriving in the 1950s-1980s until native Africans took over. Liberia, like Kenya, is hard to take to another level because of massive corruption from citizens and leaders. The average Kenyan is a lazy conman who wants clean money without sweating for 10 hours daily. Most don't want to be farmers, inventors, or manufacturers but want someone inside the government who can hook them up with 'deals' and tenderpreneurs scam to defraud the government!
The future belongs to those who have a quarter of the character and integrity of RV Heavy Hitter!

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2023, 09:43:21 AM »
Liberia,haiti sierra leone all are under perpetual US control and manipulation,Uncle sam has a list of countries that he keeps under poverty,the only way for this country would be to face east but then america activates its destabilising forces.
Weah did well to concede,its unfortunate countries like Kenya are seen to be very advanced by other africans especially from west ,have come across many Africans in my travels and when I tell them am from Kenya there reaction is like Kenya is a developed countries i felt so sad if really Kenya can be seen that way, even south Africans seem to be in this thinking sad times for mwafrika.

Online gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2023, 11:16:38 AM »
Very good of the Buga dancer to concede. He can now move to Juventus to watch his son play now freely.

Great step forward. The nearly 2 billion mwafrikas have only Africa. Unlike babaman, Boakai has consolidated his support from 38% in 2017.

Online gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2023, 11:22:00 AM »
Enslavement of local Mandingos could not be thriving. The apartheid systems have the shiny bit serving a minority which mesmerizes 'peace and stability' believers. The Americo- Africans messed up Liberia psyche.

Conceding defeat is a big deal, but as soon as Samuel Doe ended the American-run Liberia in 1980, it was downhill. Those African-American presidents from 1800-1980 ran Liberia well, and Liberia was thriving in the 1950s-1980s until native Africans took over.

Offline Fairandbalanced

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2023, 03:41:09 PM »
Next is Ruto and his cartel. Who knew that Ruto will be the best gift to Raila. If elections were held today, Raila would send Ruto home by overwhelming numbers. It’s going to be a rough four years because the wounded KK will steal to the max, Murkonen and Koskei are already multi billionaires in one year while Kenyans ni njaa tupu.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2023, 05:09:50 PM »
Next is Ruto and his cartel. Who knew that Ruto will be the best gift to Raila. If elections were held today, Raila would send Ruto home by overwhelming numbers. It’s going to be a rough four years because the wounded KK will steal to the max, Murkonen and Koskei are already multi billionaires in one year while Kenyans ni njaa tupu.
Murkomen has ran away with corruption money even according to kalenjin standards his too high causing unease in RV but he cant pull it alone without Ruto,kalenjins have eaten so fast so soon but who can blame them?? because once Ruto is out next tribe will do same, replace kalenjin with their own crooks, question is how sustainable is Murkomen and chirchir stealing? Will economy collapse?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2023, 09:47:48 PM by Njuri Ncheke »

Offline RV Heavy Hitter!

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2023, 07:22:17 PM »
Raila and his cartels will bring Kenya to Liberia/Uganda levels. I can Guarantee Kenyans will be talking about the Good times of Ruto the same way they are talking about Kibaki, yet Kibaki took corruption to another level never seen in Kenya. Over 600K kikuyus becaome landless and desolate during Kibaki regime, but folks have forgotten very easy. I think in 4 years, the landscape will change, and Ruto will win again. If he doesn't perform after 5 years, like any other President, he deserve to be shown the door, but not by the likes of Raila/Kalonzo because those will sink Kenya for good!
The future belongs to those who have a quarter of the character and integrity of RV Heavy Hitter!

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2023, 07:03:35 AM »
Running as incumbent in such global recession year is almost gurantee to result in big loss.

People worlwide are hurting from inflation.

Ruto has 4yrs to clean up the mess and win bigly.

Already maize price is back to 110.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2023, 09:14:04 AM »
Running as incumbent in such global recession year is almost gurantee to result in big loss.

Kenyans look at processed maize meal yaani unga not the raw maize per se, but its coming down questions to ask is how sustainable it is will prices climb again for any reason? If this happens more pains for Ruto
Pundit remember i educated you a while back that global dynamics play a role in how Kenyas economy shape up no matter all fiscal adjuments we do to please IMF and world bank
You need to grab opportunity while there,
Ruto might try to lower fuel next month but something beyond his control happens and fuel shoots up, he will have missed opportunity to lower prices when it was still low internationally
Remember one reason KQ collapsed was when Naikuni bought fuel for speculation its backfired seriously

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2023, 10:48:23 AM »
Ruto will lose election now like Azimio lost last year.
Cost of living is always a vote killer.
Anyone going for election the last 3yrs will sweat bigly.

Trump lost but could be back - poor Joe has had to endure recessions.

Ruto has 4yrs. He need to think hard about solving fuel crisis. There was plan to build fuel reserve stores somewhere in say Tsavo. Pump them underground when they are cheap internationally. Then release when prices are high.

Or well build up stabilisation funds into something substantive.

Ruto has to fix cost of living.

Kenyans look at processed maize meal yaani unga not the raw maize per se, but its coming down questions to ask is how sustainable it is will prices climb again for any reason? If this happens more pains for Ruto
Pundit remember i educated you a while back that global dynamics play a role in how Kenyas economy shape up no matter all fiscal adjuments we do to please IMF and world bank
You need to grab opportunity while there,
Ruto might try to lower fuel next month but something beyond his control happens and fuel shoots up, he will have missed opportunity to lower prices when it was still low internationally
Remember one reason KQ collapsed was when Naikuni bought fuel for speculation its backfired seriously

Offline RV Heavy Hitter!

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2023, 02:53:09 PM »
Recession was mild in the US, and now fuel prices are back down almost $2 and under in many places. I think Biden will be reelected easily because he is the only President who managed to navigate recession very well. USA in terms of jobs was booming throughout recession, and now that inflation is completely going down, things will only get better! Kenya and most countries have no economic tools to fight recession. Barel of crude oil is way down, but prices of fuel are high! I can only imagine what will hapen when those leechy OPEC countries pump it up!

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2023, 03:28:13 PM »
Problem is Ruto agreed deal with imf and world bank for reforms, not bad had no option but like I argue them imf will put you in a place where you are able just to borrow and pay nothing more,Ruto I believe has something up his sleeve, for the past few weeks have refused to believe we elected a charlatan Ruto needs to bring his brilliance, its 1 year but been super rocky i can't discount that dynasty also played a role in destabilising him,Ruto failed to deal appropriately with dynasty now they caused him problems beyond his reach he is playing catch up WORSE people under Ruto are becoming useless and clueless,its only a few Cs really working,when you have 1 person doing the donkey work in a country like Kenya we will see mess, Ruto goes abroad many times I can say for a fact what Ruto has sown now will be harvested in many years to come,but people want immediate results, Ruto needs just do 2 things one unga and food make sure they are stable and affordable dont really over tax this no matter what imf says, number 2 go for fuel this is the trickiest part on one side Ruto has to recoup the billions he and UDA spent campaigns since after handshake, to do this only fuel can cover that but thats also a risky thing because fuel internationally is cheap now and Ruto needs reflect this in the country, if he waits to try and reduce in future wont work as he doesn't control. I say after the eurobond is paid Ruto needs to result to basic economics keep imf world bank at bay and focus on real kenya issues deal with China and the east period.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2023, 08:03:22 PM »
Yes next years looking good and Biden will likely survive. For kenya - good thing Ugali or Maize is most important. Ruto has fixed that. Next is to get handle of fuel.
Recession was mild in the US, and now fuel prices are back down almost $2 and under in many places. I think Biden will be reelected easily because he is the only President who managed to navigate recession very well. USA in terms of jobs was booming throughout recession, and now that inflation is completely going down, things will only get better! Kenya and most countries have no economic tools to fight recession. Barel of crude oil is way down, but prices of fuel are high! I can only imagine what will hapen when those leechy OPEC countries pump it up!

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2023, 08:05:10 PM »
Ruto has lots of time - 4yrs - is presidential term in US and Nigeria. He is smart to go for painful reforms early so he can slowly relax the reforms and benefit from them.

He really doesnt have to care now - 4yrs ni mbali sana.

Problem is Ruto agreed deal with imf and world bank for reforms, not bad had no option but like I argue them imf will put you in a place where you are able just to borrow and pay nothing more,Ruto I believe has something up his sleeve, for the past few weeks have refused to believe we elected a charlatan Ruto needs to bring his brilliance, its 1 year but been super rocky i can't discount that dynasty also played a role in destabilising him,Ruto failed to deal appropriately with dynasty now they caused him problems beyond his reach he is playing catch up WORSE people under Ruto are becoming useless and clueless,its only a few Cs really working,when you have 1 person doing the donkey work in a country like Kenya we will see mess, Ruto goes abroad many times I can say for a fact what Ruto has sown now will be harvested in many years to come,but people want immediate results, Ruto needs just do 2 things one unga and food make sure they are stable and affordable dont really over tax this no matter what imf says, number 2 go for fuel this is the trickiest part on one side Ruto has to recoup the billions he and UDA spent campaigns since after handshake, to do this only fuel can cover that but thats also a risky thing because fuel internationally is cheap now and Ruto needs reflect this in the country, if he waits to try and reduce in future wont work as he doesn't control. I say after the eurobond is paid Ruto needs to result to basic economics keep imf world bank at bay and focus on real kenya issues deal with China and the east period.